Mike MacWilliam - A gent and pure class

BostonBart22

Not for me thank you, biggest waste of space to ever try to play over her, like your good self I always have and still do like the rough and tumble of the greatest sport on the planet. But they have to be able to play as well, Panthers had a crap player his name I forget now, but it began with a P and he always crossed his arms after a fight like a X, and that total idiotic player who played for London, think he was a Scottish lad and a total loon ball.
Alex penner, is that him ? Ex panthers

Kevlar68

Thread starter #68
We seemed to have goons and enforcers back in the day the difference being enforcers were actually the complete package all rounder and then the goon who was just there for intimidation purposes but brought nothing else to the game.

We seemed to have goons and enforcers back in the day the difference being enforcers were actually the complete package all rounder and then the goon who was just there for intimidation purposes but brought nothing else to the game.
i think Scott young who used to play for ayr is the biggest loose cannon I remember watching play in the UK, got a 2 year ban from the BNL for striking officials

hip check

I don’t think we ever signed a total knuckle dragger, could be wrong but I don’t think we did.
A personal favourite of mine was Clayton Norris, not the biggest but was a real tough nut, who can forget the scraps with Morrisette.
No real knuckle draggers that I can recall in any Devil's teams though.

Wannabe2

A personal favourite of mine was Clayton Norris, not the biggest but was a real tough nut, who can forget the scraps with Morrisette.
No real knuckle draggers that I can recall in any Devil's teams though.
We all loved Chuck, he was as tough as nails, as you rightly say his fights with Morrisette were legendary, he could play as well.

Diafol

Pretty sure sharp had a 12 game ban for his clowness goon tactics ..
I used to sit above the benches in the BBT.
I've still got a photo somewhere of Dave Matsos desperately tugging Sharp's jersey trying to stop him leaving the bench.
Always reminds me of Scooby and Scrappy Doo !

BostonBart22

Slater was a real fruitcake, he would think nothing of slashing 1,2,3, players with his stick and around the head, not the legs. Total loonball.
And we must not leave out brad cruishank, took on all our brit line once in Coventry, obviously sent out by Thomson to do that and obviously no one in the devils side matched that nutter .

kettdevil1

Not an import but Grant Slater must be the loosest of loose cannons that I can remember playing at the top level in this country.
I see your Grant Slater and raise you both a Brent Sapergia and Stephen Doyle. Sapergia is the obvious answer but I always thought Doyle's antics were more spectacular as he was the Barons' netminder...

BostonBart22

I see your Grant Slater and raise you both a Brent Sapergia and Stephen Doyle. Sapergia is the obvious answer but I always thought Doyle's antics were more spectacular as he was the Barons' netminder...
As we are on Doyle, remember him ? Perry Doyle thi k he started at Solihull then ended up at Sheffield I think , now he had a screw loose in some games v us..