Netminding Changes (topics merged)

Felt sorry for myers when he was called upon and did well, we signed cook and played him ahead of him.

Now i feel even worse as he hasnt really done nothing wrong.

Think brent blames the goalies for the loss of games and not the fact that our d has been severely depleted for months.

i just dont understand us, we either win well and play well, or are shit and conceded loads.

When we lose we lose badly.

youngbob

Gazza272 said:
Firstly I think Joe Myers has had a pretty amazing story, to not be a goalie until your late teens and end up with professional W's next to your name is movie worthy if told correctly.
Not having a dig, as this is a commonly held belief, but Joe in fact played from U10 level, in goal, (i "played" in the Dads vs U10 game, with help from Shannon, Doug and Paul Heavey, and failed miserably to get a shot past him).

Later he had a couple of years out, (possibly U16), so mid to late teens was when he returned, not when he started.

Ocko

youngbob said:
Gazza272 said:
Firstly I think Joe Myers has had a pretty amazing story, to not be a goalie until your late teens and end up with professional W's next to your name is movie worthy if told correctly.
Not having a dig, as this is a commonly held belief, but Joe in fact played from U10 level, in goal, (i "played" in the Dads vs U10 game, with help from Shannon, Doug and Paul Heavey, and failed miserably to get a shot past him).

Later he had a couple of years out, (possibly U16), so mid to late teens was when he returned, not when he started.
It was either U10 or U12 that Joe finished. He actually started again in what was U19s I believe as a skater first then went back in net. He did have a considerable amount of time out.

youngbob

Ocko said:
youngbob said:
Gazza272 said:

It was either U10 or U12 that Joe finished. He actually started again in what was U19s I believe as a skater first then went back in net. He did have a considerable amount of time out.
you could be right on the timing - long time ago......

:oops:

i thought he came back as a skater too, but my wife told me not - point to me

:Banana

wont be going to the challenge cup games -4.feel really sorry for this team right now.this management is not getting a penny more out of me this season.bring on Gs testamonial...