New rink

Wannabe2

Personnally i think we will be staying where we are, and that may not be a bad thing, our present location is home now. The biggest problem has always been the sightlines, after all who wants to pay and not be able to see. If the right things were sorted example.
1. Sightlines sorted
2.Cladded through out, and proper roof.
3.Complete the bowl, raising the capacity
4. Build a nice bar, and cafeteria overlooking the ice, like we had at the old Gaff (Gretzkys)
5. Suitable camera positions
If those things could be addressed i would be very happy to be there for however long. Our present location will only get better over time. We at long last have the owners and management to take this club to the moon and back, and for that things can only get better and better. Our future at the moment looks very rosy indeed. Good work guys.

TheStub

I think the biggest problem would be the bar overlooking the rink. In the WNIR we had that one wall with minimal seating, which allowed the bar and cafe to have decent views.

I suppose we could use the blank wall to design something similar - but that would probably limit capacity. Have to be honest, not too concerned about the bar.

If we worked on the current rink then I think we have a better bet of being ready for the start of the season. Most the work would probably fairly straight forward, and not overly major, relatively speaking.

Koop11

If regeneration of the current facility comes following a new lease agreement that could mean that changes may occur during the off season of 2009-2010. Aren’t Planet Ice in power until December 2009?

TheStub

Isn't it summer 2009?

They would probably look to get it negotiated at the start of the close season. I wonder if we would see things change over this summer. Or at least a start to the change.

We shall see...

I reckon, that if the construction on the 3000 seater rink starts pretty soon, we should keep the tent how it is now, until we can move out of it. But if there is more fussing over when, where the 3000 seater is gonna be built and if there are various other complications with it, then we should get modifications on the tent. What does everyone think to that?

Either way i just think it's ridiculous how much the Devils have been messed around, in terms of the new arena.

Wannabe2

Gwynfor said:
I reckon, that if the construction on the 3000 seater rink starts pretty soon, we should keep the tent how it is now, until we can move out of it. But if there is more fussing over when, where the 3000 seater is gonna be built and if there are various other complications with it, then we should get modifications on the tent. What does everyone think to that?

Either way i just think it's ridiculous how much the Devils have been messed around, in terms of the new arena.
Although we have been messed about, we do have a home, and a team to support unlike many others. Does our home need modifications, bet your bottom dollar it does, will it happen i believe it will, will it be in our present location i also believe that.Interesting times ahead.

TheStub said:
Isn't it summer 2009?

They would probably look to get it negotiated at the start of the close season. I wonder if we would see things change over this summer. Or at least a start to the change.

We shall see...
No it's December 2009 as Koop 11 said.