Newcastle Vipers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 6:30pm Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

Here we go, the opening fixture of the league for us, and it's 320miles away in Newcastle!

Both teams at full strength for the league games after being shorthanded for all their 'friendly' games.

Match Night Live! will be running from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl with your host, the one, the only, Finny!

Email for MNL remains the same at matchnightlive@the-inferno.co.uk

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #2
Note i've changed the times guys, the times on the Devils website are wrong the current Vipers website isn't working!

I think I have the correct times now from a vipers fan!

Chris.

Gaz G

Well here it is guys, the day we have been waiting for has finally arrived after a long off season. What do we think? I think the devils will win 3-1 tonight with miller, smith and jay being the scorers. I also think it will be an intense niggly game with both sets of players trying to get the upper hand and set the tone for the season ahead. Thoughts?

ASHIPP

IMHO, I think the score tonight will be closer - one goal in it (2-1 or 3-2) with the Devils getting the winner in the closing minutes of the game. Sunday's match against the Vipers is going to be even harder to win. I'm not trying to be negative but the Vipers are not going to give up easily. Our matches with them are usually very hard fought. At home, Newcastle will be looking for a win in front of their fans and also to boost their confidence after being shortbenched and losing their friendlies. Should be exciting though.

Feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm totally wrong. I am limbering up for the verbal kicking! :lol:

Wannabe2

Okay guys this is it, yes we have only just got together but we ooze class, i am going for a 4-1 win tonight, and a 4-2 win tomorrow, with Miller and Griffith if thats his name kicking it. Well thats it for me 4 points on the road, and the other lot looking over there shoulders at us.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Finny

I've been trying it too - and getting the same problem. It appears to be down at the moment.

If anyone does want to send me a message try:

matchnightlive@gmail.com

Finny

Sorry guys, looks like the server went down for some reason. We are back up and running again, but you might need to refresh the MNL window.

Great to start with a win, even if it went down to the wire. Just hope the guys don't celebrate too much tonight. The Newcastle/Edinburgh double header last season shows what can happen if they do.

Good win Devils, nice to see us pull it back and win it in OT.

Other wins tonight to Panthers 4-1 over Giants
and Blaze 3-1 over Steelers.

Who is playing 9 for Blaze this year? They got a hat trick tonight.

exactly the start to the season we needed and hopefully we can keep in a winning patern :D , very happy with this result. Hopefully we can get the same again tomorrow night, suprised miller didn't get his penalty, hes proven to be not bad at 1 on 1's :p.

Wannabe2

Huskie442 said:
Good win Devils, nice to see us pull it back and win it in OT.

Other wins tonight to Panthers 4-1 over Giants
and Blaze 3-1 over Steelers.

Who is playing 9 for Blaze this year? They got a hat trick tonight.
Greg Owen Ex Bison

ASHIPP

Edge of seat stuff to the wire but very happy that the Devils got the 2 points they wanted in their opening game - especially as traditionally, the team have usually been slow off the mark. Think tomorrow night will be even harder - both teams will be tired and both still hungry for the win. :? Good Luck Guys, keep it going. :D

Convincing wins for Coventry and Nottingham tonight, both very strong contenders for the title this season. It's going to be exciting. :D Steelers won't be happy with that performance then.

PS Finny, many thanks for MNL commentary. :cool: Transmission down was unavoidable but re-connected at the crucial moment i.e. to give us the result we were praying for!

About 80 odd Devils fans were there to witness the win tonight. Fantastic support and a great comeback from 3-1 down. Well done to Bubbles for stepping in for me. Lets hope for a repeat 2 points tomorrow night and similar support for the boys. We will just get better as the weeks go on. Well done Finny on the MNL tonight great coverage despite the blips.