Nomads Vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 12th Jan 24 - FO 20:00

Devil94

Deja vu, can't quite believe it. For 50 minutes we were by far better than them. Arniel chucked out hurt us, he was immense in the 1st. And their goalie, as in the first round was top quality too. All the talk was about Carruth but this guy is the one we should have been worried about, different level.

AJ73

An absolute lesson by Astana on being clinical. 3 soft goals at the start of periods where we were caught napping yet again this season.

I thought we were the better team for at least 80% of each period, but that soft belly keeps showing itself.

You don’t win championships with a poor powerplay - and it’s really hurting us in these games.

Hats off to their Nettie - although I don’t think we made it difficult enough for him in that game.

Hockeymad

All I ever hear is the away teams goalies have played amazing.

Noooo

We just have shit shooters.

Ps I Never wanted the guy in the first place.

Russell out

kingmo19.1

League - lost (by December!)
Challenge Cup - out
Continental Cup - unlikely to win.
Playoffs is our only chance of silverware.

Even if we win that (which is doubtful) PR would have only matched DuPonts achievement!

Disappointing as so much was expected of him and this team.

Its going to be a tough old grind to the end of this season!

E.D.S.

That was done of the best devils pressure I've seen for a long time. Unfortunately they undermined it by failing to start the period on time again.

I was one of Pete Russell's biggest backers when he was appointed, but I'm starting to doubt whether he's the guy.
Agree, that pressure was superb. Two line changes is what lead to Arniel’s goal. Nomads were so exhausted. Making it easy for Arniel

NathanG

Hardly anything to play for now until April. We could probably coast and still get to the playoffs. Whether we make it to the finals weekend is another thing

moggy#9

I'm sick of the excuses for this team. I don't so much mind the mistakes, it's the never learning from them. Then there's the fact that they can't get the basics right, like passing to the tape, not giving up possession cheaply, keeping your stick on the ice and actually getting pucks on the net.

Whilst Pete Russell might be a good tactician, he clearly can't motivate the team and he's doing nothing about the complete lack of leadership among this group of players.

I'm honestly struggling to see the difference between what PR produces and the dross dupointless inflicted upon us.

GAVIN

Same shite just different day. How many times are these players not going to turn up for a fulll 60 mins.it will be the same rubbish being said afterwards over and over and over again. Most of nomads players looked like they have not reached puberty but had bigger balls and heart than us. Well set up, well defended and well coached from back to front... Sorry but something has to change and it needs done right away. Cannot defend this poor team any longer... I really don't care if the players read this and go crying to the management... Grow a set of balls and fight for the right to be called a Cardiff Devils Player

Where was Ully tonight? Is he injured?

Wall was responsible for maybe 3 and definitely 2 of the goals and Donnahey’s own goal along with frequent lapses accounted for the rest.

I do think that we showed more potential and if we played like that in league games I’d be pleased.

Wilde and Alderson impressed, as did Arniel to start with. His check to the head was appalling though and he deserved to be chucked for the game. Block 13 chanting ‘hockey is a contact sport’ is all well and good, but that kind of hit has to be penalised and it was a stupid penalty to take - that’s on him.

Earnie

I enjoyed that hockey game despite the final score. Obviously the first three minutes were crap but there after we put in a good performance and had the better of second period and performed well in the third. Loosing Arniel was a big blow because he was going for it. The work was not rewarded in goals sadly.