Nottingham This Weekend

Johnnybravo1927 said:
I agree that there will be a Batch vs Farmer but I think that Hendrikx will drop the gloves with Jannsen as well. Not because of Tyson but because twice this season they have done it and also they have previous from stateside. If we play the physical game that we are so good at, then the panthers will get riled and there will be a few fights but I feel we have enough about us to come out on top. Jannsen and Marsh was a fair fight and I dont think anyone thinks otherwise. As said earlier by wildthing, Noble deserves a beating more than any other player in the league. Or any league. At any sport...
Austin Healy or Owen Farrell come to mind...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Jimmy sorry I mean Hendrikx is playing too well to be in the box with Janssen,they lose a none entity and we lose a vital player. We need the points in this one above anything, we should dress Dease to take out Janssen. I would take him out, but don't know if he prefers, Italian, Chinese or Indian.

rocketbob

Wannabe2 said:
We don't need to get into a retribution thing with the Panthers, due to the fact we don't have any imports as poor as him playing for us, so a trade off wouldn't benefit us one iota. However as what has already been said, we need to come out banging, playing high intensity hockey, be in their faces from the get go, and play the way we can play when we can be arsed. This is a huge game for both teams, and we certainly need to want it the most, this is the game that every player will need to go through a brick wall for his team mate. This is the game which will separate the Men from the Boys, this is the game where every player tells the fans why they are here, this is the game that together we show the rest of the league that we are the team to beat, this is the game that tells management why they should re-sign them. This is the game where every player can come off the ice feeling 10 feet tall if they really want to.
I had visions of Kirt Russell in 'Miracle' whilst reading this. Definitely pin in up in the room.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Marsh had no choice but to take that fight, he is a tough cookie as we know,but he is not in Jannsen's league as a fighter. Tyson knew the challenge would come,he also knew if he didn't accept it he was putting his teamates in danger from Jannsen's retribution. Tyson would never let that happen,that's why he is loved by Devils fans.
I'd like us to start with , Hendrinkx, Hotham, Batch,Lord and Salters and before a puck is dropped say to Jannsen get out here and sort your shit out. It wont happen I know but I would like to see that. I think we owe something like that to Tyson,someone said earlier he had to fight twice over that hit. If it had been Tyson who landed that haymaker do you think the Panthers would be coming here with the attitude that it was over? I want the two points as much as the next man but as the question was asked,no I don't think the matter is resolved.

Koop11

The game is bigger than the Marsh situation but I must admit there is a lot of shame in allowing your captain and friend to lie face down, out cold on the ice and not to anything about it. I was extremely frustrated at the time that nobody called out Jansen and I still feel the same. Time will tell whether it happens this weekend, later in the season, or ever at all, but I would be disappointed it didn’t happen.

This has got the makings of a classic, I sincerely hope the Devils play their own game, don't get distracted, play physical but play smart, 2 points is what we want. Don't play into Janssen's hands, the guy is a thug, a hypocrite and can only do one thing. The BBT will be rocking again. We need a W after the disappointment of last weekend.

See you all Saturday....... RED ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bails77 said:
This has got the makings of a classic, I sincerely hope the Devils play their own game, don't get distracted, play physical but play smart, 2 points is what we want. Don't play into Janssen's hands, the guy is a thug, a hypocrite and can only do one thing. The BBT will be rocking again. We need a W after the disappointment of last weekend.

See you all Saturday....... RED ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need a like button in here!
I agree 110% with the above.

Milky

Koop11 said:
The game is bigger than the Marsh situation but I must admit there is a lot of shame in allowing your captain and friend to lie face down, out cold on the ice and not to anything about it. I was extremely frustrated at the time that nobody called out Jansen and I still feel the same. Time will tell whether it happens this weekend, later in the season, or ever at all, but I would be disappointed it didn’t happen.
Sorry mate, have to disagree. What are you suggesting, every time one of ours loses a fight badly we have to plough in to 'do something about it'. If that was the case matches would descend into anarchy.

It was a fair one on one fight. I'm gutted Tyson lost the fight but that's how it goes.

KaneDevils

Milky said:
Koop11 said:
Sorry mate, have to disagree. What are you suggesting, every time one of ours loses a fight badly we have to plough in to 'do something about it'. If that was the case matches would descend into anarchy.

It was a fair one on one fight. I'm gutted Tyson lost the fight but that's how it goes.
Totally agree with milky.

We should play this game on our terms not Panthers!
Make no mistake we would play right into Janssens hands if we went looking for retribution, the guy is a tough cookie and would relish that scenario.

Doesn't mean we can't come out like an express train and hit everything! Nothing would give me more satisfaction than to see Hendo dish out a Wesgarth esc hip check on Janssen!

We need to come out of this with the win and let Panthers lasting memory of the BBT be the night they were out played, out worked & lost the physical battle.
And if Farmer is stupid enough to want round two with Batchy I'm sure he will accomadate.

Let's hope it's a barnstormer of game & one that we will talk about in future "Remember the last Panthers game in the Big Blue Tent"

Have Hope#35

Nice to see how much they value Dan Green:
"Dan can now get back to what he does best, backing up, and being there when we need him." Harsh!

voth26

Have Hope#35 said:
Nice to see how much they value Dan Green:
"Dan can now get back to what he does best, backing up, and being there when we need him." Harsh!
I would have expected a bit more credit for Green than those comments!! that's a right kick in the gonads for Green, and totally unfair I think. He may be a back up but he was the only fit nettie they had and he backstopped them to some wins along the way, however neilson seems to have forgotten that