Panthers v Devils - 07/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com
I’d been preparing to write a fairly grim preview; if I’m honest; as given the Panthers form of late I’d honestly been expecting us to lose both games, but given the spectacular mess they made of their mid-week game this week… clearly anything is possible? Could the Panthers Mid-season Meltdown be here?
Skippy has put a game preview up which can be found on the main website, or by clicking the following link... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/weeke ... -panthers/

Chris.

Re: Panthers v Devils - 07/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

If any of my regular texters are making the trip to Nottingham please text me to confirm.

OJ

ASHIPP

McAslan apparently playing this weekend. :shock:

Hate to say it but Devils will be going into this weekend as the underdogs, nothing more or less. :evil:

Forget all previous results between these 2 teams. Over the last 6 weeks, Panthers have been one of the 2 most consistent teams in the league.
They have a top netminder, the highest scoring defenceman, 3 top notch British forwards and scoring potential from absolutely everywhere. :shock: Believe Fox and Levers sustained injuries in the last game.

They have the speed and agression to smash through grinding teams like Hull, and the silky skills and intelligence to outwit top teams like Sheffield.

Simply put, allow them to turnover and keep the puck, they take control of the game and it's pretty much nailed-on they will score. At the mo, nothing seems easy for the Devils, and they will need to be prepared/focused to battle hard for everything this weekend.

Lets hope Maxi is able to play as well, according to Devils talk, they will make the decision if he is to play tomorrow after a morning skate. He hasn't skated all week to rest his injury. Lets hope thats worked.

Thanks Jono but looks like I have a full team of texters.

Join me at MNL from around 6pm

OJ

Gazza272

Wonder why Matzka isnt icing? Hope all is well with his new little arrival.

Martynwo

Sounds a great physical battle out there tonight....so I thought, I wonder who the official is tomorrow night, guess who......yes, you've guessed right *icks :?

drainage

Wow thought this would be at best a tie !! Fair play missing players and still got the result!! What was Franks last pen he seemed to feature a lot tonight kept Carson busy ! :D

When are Scott and Max back ?

I really wasn't expecting anything tonight especially when I saw Scott and Maxi weren't playing but - wow- well done guys.

Just shows it's not the number of imports you have but the quality, and it sounds like the Brits played really well although from 'watching' the MNL is seems poor old Ben seemed to be a focus for the Panthers tonight.

Well done and please more of the same tomorrow, hope G is okay

James

Administrator
Wow. Well done Slived. The Cage will be fun tonight with the Panties traditional new year slump continuing. The NIA has always been a tough place for us to get points. Let's hope we have something left in the tank to do the same tomorrow.

Absolutely amazing road win tonight. Several imports down or out. Fantastic effort. Excellent coaching and tactics. Opportunities taken and a bit of physicality. Well done you Devils. All the Best for tomorrow and hoping for good recovery from injuries for all on the injury list.

Wannabe2

cardiffdevil said:
I really wasn't expecting anything tonight especially when I saw Scott and Maxi weren't playing but - wow- well done guys.

Just shows it's not the number of imports you have but the quality, and it sounds like the Brits played really well although from 'watching' the MNL is seems poor old Ben seemed to be a focus for the Panthers tonight.

G,s teeth went thru his lip, he has 4 stitches inside his mouth, and 2 outside.

Gaz G

Wannabe2 said:
cardiffdevil said:

G,s teeth went thru his lip, he has 4 stitches inside his mouth, and 2 outside.
Excellent road win tonight and one in honesty I didn't think we had much chance of.

Pressume G will play tomorrow with full face mask?

According to the cage Lepine beat Frank tonight is that correct, not that I really care, as long as we win the games it's not important. I was just interested as they seem to treat Lepine as the second coming.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #19

The second fight was a bit rubbish really, but yeah Lepine probably edged it.

I'll post something more constructive when I manage to walk home without getting stabbed or shot :E

Chris.

Wannabe2

Chris said:
The second fight was a bit rubbish really, but yeah Lepine probably edged it.

I'll post something more constructive when I manage to walk home without getting stabbed or shot :E

Chris.
Take your Devils shirt off then you should be okay.