Panthers v Devils - 07/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Ocko

Re: Panthers v Devils - 07/01 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat

Yeah Lepine did give Frank a bit of a beating and cut him too. Started off a bit of a toe to toe but Lepine used his reach and picked him off.

Great win through, pierce was another level tonight and stole the show, as did Stevie.

drainage

To be fair apart from the odd clutching at straws comment I think so far the cage comments are actually sane and rational ..... No attacks, several comments praising us fair play :p

I love the ones that say Frank should have been called as instigating a fight with Lee - yes the one that got 2+10 for a check to the head!!

However so far most of the posts are fair and it's nice to see they appreciate the atmoshere the Devils fans created

Wannabe2

Can you imagine the noise and atmosphere 5000 Devils fans could make, now that would be something to behold.

Great win for you guys tonight. Our christmas slump appears to have been postponed till January!
I swear with the exception of Fox, Benedict and maybe Lacho the rest of the team played like .... (very badly) couldn't hit a barn door from 6ft away! :evil:

Hopefully they will play better tomorrow but I'm not holding out much hope

kettdevil1

OK, all together now "You're not sexy anymore!!"

This probably won't make too much sense as it really was one of those games but, I now have a new contender for "favourite away trip of all time"....

When we found out that not only Brad and Max but also Scott were out the average prediction was that we would lose by 5 or 6 but from the moment that we got the first goal we played one of the best road games I have seen us play for years.

Goodness knows how they picked the MOM as literally it could have been anyone. Stevie was immense all game, Scott Dobben played himself to a standstill and Phil Hill took every chance he had. I wouldn't argue with JP's MOM but really I would suggest that this was pick a player out of the head. There were no weak links at all.

A special mention for Chris Frank. He really did his job tonight. After a bad check he took on Lee and then he faced up to Lepine after G was cut.

Finally the away support was magnificent, just brilliant all game. A pleasure to be part of.

Goodness how the guys will drag themselves on to the ice tomorrow but for today - a fantastic win!

Fight

So this apparent fight at the nottingham game...
mnl seemed to die it down but DYG.com hypes it saying clear win lepine with blood.
anyone wanna meet me half way on what actually happened.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #28
Re: Fight

It was all a bit of nothing.

Adams was bleeding a fair amount, several players did help him so there is the possiblity the blood on his shirt wasn't his.

Then again Lepine did edge the fight, if he drew blood then oh well, it was a fight what did they really expect to happen?

Topics merged also.

kettdevil1

philrowlands31 said:
So this apparent fight at the nottingham game...
mnl seemed to die it down but DYG.com hypes it saying clear win lepine with blood.
anyone wanna meet me half way on what actually happened.
As Chris says it was pretty low key. They faced off, everyone stood in anticipation and frankly after a few blows it was over. Lepine edged it but it wasn't much of a fight. There was blood all over the ice at that time from G's cut so difficult to claim that it was Franks...

Well done Devils.. Great result and contribution to hopefully making sure Nottingham don't win the league!

Wannabe2

Frank got a small cut on the top of his head, these things tend to bleed a lot, hope its a cracker tomorrow.

dont think any of the devils who played tonight will be giving the ownership of any blood spilt out there a second thought, from lyle s awsome display to hills 2 plus 1, every one of you steped up to the plate and gave it %120 for the shirt. we had a couple of amazin results in nottingham last year but this result with all things considerd is even more amazin, well done lads, awsome ,

infinitely better than last year's victories at the nic.Cardiff were actually favourites last year for at least one of the fixtures!impossible to give a MOM award tonight.one of the great moments for me was,after the mom awards,meyers, standing and applauding the cardiff support with a look of envy,and more importantly,respect on his face.priceless,and classy! gav

Wow what a game last night was. Our fans were just awesome we didn't stop chanting. Alot of banter too near the end. None of Nottingham fans were alive until Lepine v Frank and Beauregard's goal. And fair play to Frank he stood up after Ben got hit and he stood up for his coach.

Gazza272

Chris said:

Adams was bleeding a fair amount, several players did help him so there is the possiblity the blood on his shirt wasn't his.

Then again Lepine did edge the fight, if he drew blood then oh well, it was a fight what did they really expect to happen?

Topics merged also.
The thing about Frank is for a guy who loves a scrap he isnt especially big. Just a bit nuts :D

The standing up bit is the important bit. Lepine can add a tick to his fight card but they wont get his two points dropped back :Banana :pickle

drainage

Gazza272 said:
Chris said:

Topics merged also.
The thing about Frank is for a guy who loves a scrap he isnt especially big. Just a bit nuts :D

The standing up bit is the important bit. Lepine can add a tick to his fight card but they wont get his two points dropped back :Banana :pickle
Couldn't agree more ......he stood up and was counted and maybe Lepine edged it but I am sure they would trade the points in a heart beat for Lepines win in a tussle!

voth26

roll on tonight at the bbt cant wait after reading about last nights game, why was max scratched? any chance he will ice tonight? well done to the guys sounds like a massive effort from everyone even jeff checking as well lol, hope g's ok anyone know if matzka icing tonight

Max has a groin strain and could be out for a two weeks they need him back for the 25th v Belfast

Gaz G

voth26 said:
roll on tonight at the bbt cant wait after reading about last nights game, why was max scratched? any chance he will ice tonight? well done to the guys sounds like a massive effort from everyone even jeff checking as well lol, hope g's ok anyone know if matzka icing tonight
Matzka tweeted last night that they are finally home with the baby and he cant wait to play tomorrow (tonight)

Crackin' result :D The Devils seem to have played 3 standout games this season and I've missed all of them :( I'm undecided on tonight, but will be taking financial incentives to stay away to guarantee a good game for you all :lol:

On the fight, looking at the photo of Frank it looks just as Wannabe has said (as if there'd be any doubt :) ) - that the amount of blood makes it look a lot worse than it was. Judging by the short clip at the end of the fight - I suspect it's one of those where the home town guy gets a slight advantage in a good trade off and the added blood makes everyone in the building think the 'loser' got battered. :D We'd all be exactly the same on the night as well (G v Turner springs to mind).