Panthers Vs Devils - League - 21st Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Diablo3

The goal was originally ruled out for goalie interference, but looking at it, that would have been harsh. Panthers deserved the win as we didn't turn up in the third.

kettdevil1

So presumably Russel will be banned and not on the bench for the Steelers game.
Given Franny's coaching record this season, that might give us the edge.

So frustrating our consistently poor performances in league games in Nottingham. Panthers have picked up recently but we were nowhere near our best. One more chance to put that right in a week or so

Finny

Having seen the GWG on X it looks absolutely fine. If PW was concerned that the officials had made a dud call by 're-allowing' it having originally called it as a no-goal, without reviewing it....

Why didn't he review the decision with a coaches challenge? (Happy for someone better informed on the finer points of the rules to educate me) Surely can't be a situation where the officials refused to review?

We still had the review available as we took the TO later.
Apparently the goal review system wasn’t working so he couldn’t challenge it.

Which would explain why Russell got so mad. Goal scored, Dman complains of netminder interference and the nearest referee agrees and washes it out.

The officials then have a chat, decide to change the original decision and give the goal. Before telling Russell that he can’t challenge it because the review system isn’t working.

E.D.S.

Which would explain why Russell got so mad. Goal scored, Dman complains of netminder interference and the nearest referee agrees and washes it out.

The officials then have a chat, decide to change the original decision and give the goal. Before telling Russell that he can’t challenge it because the review system isn’t working.

Oh dear! That puts his frustration into context.

The_Stick_

A team like Nottingham, with the rink they have to not have a working goal review system is actually crazy

BostonBart22

That old chestnut, bet it be working if it was the other way around.. should order a laptop from Belfast.

E.D.S.

On the plus side the Belfast Giants shirts for their cowboy night are a must see!
Wow!
I’m sure someone with better tech capabilities than me can link them. I almost prefer our logo… almost.

Wannabe2

You would have to be a right cowboy to design these horrific shirts, that idiot Sean McMorrow would be suited to this dire design. Can you imagine buying one.

ASHIPP

Wonder what our fans would have said if our Club had launched this jersey?!
It's uniqueness sits up there with the Glasgow Clan purple tartan hockey socks.
Can see it now....people would have been posting on the Inferno a few months later asking if other fans had any unique special edition jerseys for sale!

Devils86

I was tempted to click on 'Report'

No Giants logo, odd.

On a slight tangent - Devils are doing NHL takeover night (basically the NHL shop in the bar); kids night (where they did suggest an opportunity to design a jersey??) and Retro Night (which by looks of things has been adopted league wide again this year)...

But despite having a game on St David's Day - no St David's Jersey....

Which oddly is fine by me: I have at least one of every St David's Day (that I know of!, they've done 2 right?) and my wallet wouldn't like the SOHB/auction cost plus having to stomach the Vomiting Cow logo

Diafol

The logo is on, as Viz would have it, the "rusty sheriff's badge".
I'm surprised that the Giants thought of this first, seeing as the Steelers have always been the biggest cowboy outfit in the league !

I'll get me coat...