Panthers Vs Devils - League - 25th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

Wannabe2

Todd only cares about the ticket sales, if fans are coming, he’s doing a cracking job, as for the owners, as long as that £20,000 a game keeps coming into their bank, it’s a success. Simple as that.
When our team are playing crap and doing our heads in, we don’t need you having a pop at the best owners we have ever had , so please go away, or in my words sod off.

Wannabe2

Another loss with bowns when will dups learn bowns is garbage
Did you watch tonight’s game dude, if you did did you have one eye closed, if you didn’t then what you talking about, Bowns had nothing to do with tonight’s loss, we lost purely because we are shit, and have sod all leadership from the bench as usual. A very poor Panthers team 7th in the league won tonight because they played a far shittier team than they are, and that us, end of.

Definitely not bowns is fault tonight.We just look rudderless as a team.No direction,no leadership,no intensity and no game plan.Just pure boring predictable hockey this year.I don't know where we go from here we are marooned like the steelers

Wannabe2

I would keep only 1 D Man and that’s Ritchie, the rest Crawford included can do one, we need a shit hot Import nettie, 5 new forwards, and a propercoach.

jenks33

I hope he steps back from having too much say in recruitment again, particularly after getting rid of proven winners like Carruth.
This is mainly Kelman’s roster. Before Dupont was given the job permanently I think Kelman already decided which players he wanted to re-sign, plus Martin, Jardine, Bowns were his calls. Also Brittain was rumoured for years so I doubt he was DuPont’s decision. Personally I think the only players that were DuPont’s calls were Penny, Thompson, Crawford. So DuPonts 3 recruits haven’t been a great success but still 3 players out of 20 isn’t exactly your roster…

jenks33

Definitely not bowns is fault tonight.We just look rudderless as a team.No direction,no leadership,no intensity and no game plan.Just pure boring predictable hockey this year.I don't know where we go from here we are marooned like the steelers
Yeah not Bowns’ fault tonight. And to be fair he’s deserved the starting spot of late. Kozun has been the better goalie this season but Bowns has been the better goalie in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

ASHIPP

I would keep only 1 D Man and that’s Ritchie, the rest Crawford included can do one, we need a shit hot Import nettie, 5 new forwards, and a propercoach.
Yes the 1st and 4th lines are the only ones performing with any kind of consistency and chemistry.

The coaching team mustn't be exempt from scrutiny either. Leadership, motivation and tactics start there.

Wannabe2

This is mainly Kelman’s roster. Before Dupont was given the job permanently I think Kelman already decided which players he wanted to re-sign, plus Martin, Jardine, Bowns were his calls. Also Brittain was rumoured for years so I doubt he was DuPont’s decision. Personally I think the only players that were DuPont’s calls were Penny, Thompson, Crawford. So DuPonts 3 recruits haven’t been a great success but still 3 players out of 20 isn’t exactly your roster…
Shit recruitment by whoever it was, worse team for many years unfortunately, great shame.

hip check

I always try to see some positives in the most negative of situations so I rarely come on here and moan about a bad performance from our boys out there on the ice, but if I'm honest with myself I've found the entertainment value pretty poor this season,. I've followed this team since season one so have witnessed plenty of wonderful highs and some depressing lows but have generally found the hockey entertaining, this season for some reason I've not enjoyed the hockey win or lose, we seem to lack ideas on how to break down other teams even ones we should be taking to the cleaners, tonight being another example of losing without what would seem any fight from us (other than the Lou fight). Last week for the first time ever I left at the second period break, tomorrow once again I will be there but mainly because we're playing Guildford and in hope we can show that we are a match for them , washing the car actually seemed like a good alternative tbh. I don't expect us to win every week but I should be able to expect some effort, a game plan and fight, sadly these qualities are regularly missing.

BostonBart22

Problem was Martin was done and dusted as a devil as the playoff finals were on...that prob was a big wage, then reid Cox and Sandford were brought back and we all know reid is a big earner as with the latter 2 who deserve to be back . So the biggest part of budget prob went on forwards and the rest of budget on mediocre defence. Next season we gotta start from defence then build from there..just saying

Slartibartfast

This loss was definitely not down to Bowns but that said when you have a leaky defence you need some heroics from your goalie. Carruth saved a lot of breakaway goals. Bowns has saved a few but not nearly enough this season.
The last Panthers goal was probably goal of the season though and would have beat any goalie..

Wannabe2

I always try to see some positives in the most negative of situations so I rarely come on here and moan about a bad performance from our boys out there on the ice, but if I'm honest with myself I've found the entertainment value pretty poor this season,. I've followed this team since season one so have witnessed plenty of wonderful highs and some depressing lows but have generally found the hockey entertaining, this season for some reason I've not enjoyed the hockey win or lose, we seem to lack ideas on how to break down other teams even ones we should be taking to the cleaners, tonight being another example of losing without what would seem any fight from us (other than the Lou fight). Last week for the first time ever I left at the second period break, tomorrow once again I will be there but mainly because we're playing Guildford and in hope we can show that we are a match for them , washing the car actually seemed like a good alternative tbh. I don't expect us to win every week but I should be able to expect some effort, a game plan and fight, sadly these qualities are regularly missing.
Says it all Devils club, please listen to people who care, this says it all believe me>

Just to put this latest poor performance against the Panthers into perspective.
Nothingham have only managed 11 league regulation wins this season.
27% of Nothingham’s regulation league wins have come courtesy of us!!
They have also managed 5 OT wins and 1 of those was also against us!
In their 41 league games to date 18% of all of their goals have been scored against, yes you’ve guessed it… us!
That’s how poor they are and that how poor our performances against them have been!