peedoff

Finny

Ah sorry Sammi, I didn't realise that was what you meant.

I think they said they were looking into such a bar, or "in the pipeline" as you said. It did go very quiet in the end, though someone did mention to me that it never happened because of a problem with Planet Ice.

Finny said:
, though someone did mention to me that it never happened because of a problem with Planet Ice.
Planet Ice? You mean that very helpful awesome company that owns the lease to the blue tent - oh hang on, there goes another flying pig past my window... :lol:

Foxy

Finny said:
samidevils said:
Finny IMO whether you want the things advertised or not doesn't matter, if something is advertised - and not given it's false information.
Eh?
I'm confused as to what you are referring to Sammi?
The Meet The Players night had to be cancelled due to the players flying in later than planned. It was then changed to being on the ice and in the bar after that Coventry game.
The problem is the club shouldn't advertise or promise things that they don't know whether or not they will be able to deliver. I know the person who won the holiday was still waiting at the start of the season despite talking to the club. The simple act of returning a phone call is not rocket science. Its a basic requirement of any company to have an efficient communications system with its client base. Somewhat ironic with the owner owning a communications company :D . Plus how many times have you told people to phone the company if they have a problem when if you do a) the phone doesn't get answered or b) when it does get answered the calls are not returned. (Thats not a dig at you by the way & should be the fans first port of call :) ) I emailed the club in the off season about the season tickets but even that didn't get replied to and ended up having to go into the office to sort it out. So that system is obviously flawd as well. All these little things add up so its no wonder people feel frustrated. So yes the on ice product has improved hopefully the team will begin to reach its full potential but in my mind the back office has taken a step backwards especially where the season ticket holders are concerned.

As for the forum then i can't see what the complaint is. I feel it is fairly moderated and certainly not like some of the other forums i could mention. Providing criticism is constructive and backed up by facts then anyone should be able to express their views without the fear of being ridiculed or isolated. A good forum should allow for differences of opinions, not everyone is going to agree all the time but some posters do seem to have the rose tinted glasses on where the club is concerned.

I understand your frustration there but i would say as a whole the club has taken a huge step forward since the days of uncle bob and i think people seem to have forgotten that.
I wouldn't say people have rose tinted glasses, merely that they are not affected by these problems or are not as concerned by them. I think the club is doing an excellent job myself but there are still things i am slightly disappointed by such as the lack of highlights from the weekends game. I can understand certain parts of what peedoff is saying but i'd say the majority of the comments are over the top and some just rubbish.
People are allowed to post negative comments but they feel they cant make them purely because others disagree, that is always going to happen. Nobody is saying they're not entitled to those opinions, just that in their view, they are wrong.
I really think peedoff needs to grow a pair and use there own username, quite pathetic really.
My guess is its either the user schulersagoodun or el supremo as they never have a pleasant thing to say (although tbf el supremo is getting a bit better at that).

I ain't posted on here before and don't come on here a lot tbh but I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years probably now, and this year I didn't renew - basically I'm not always around on the weekends and tbh there's only so many times I can see us play the same team in one season. What shocked me is what other people have picked up on the shift has changed from season ticket holders to match night rubbish and lighting. I think the Devils management should be ashamed that as a season ticket for 6 years when I didn't renew there wasn't even a phone call asking why or what can we do better. This is the same with a number of guys I know who go down and didn't renew. If I had lost just one season ticket holder and I was running this club I'd want to know why! I love this club but to be honest if I had bought a season ticket holder I'd be out of pocket already! The New Devils have huge ambitions and that's great but look after these guys who fork out the money first, how stupid would I feel walking down a red carpet to get into a tent!?!?!

[
My guess is its either the user schulersagoodun or el supremo as they never have a pleasant thing to say (although tbf el supremo is getting a bit better at that).[/quote]

As someone who knows Schulersagoodun quite well, I can assure you that Peedoff is not him. In fact, I am quite insulted for him. If he has anything to say on this forum, you can bet that he will say it under his usual user name.

Finny

I'm pretty sure it's neither schulersagoodun or el supremo. Both of them are big enough to post on their usernames even if it is 'controversial'.

:x People put a lot of effort into running both the club and forums like this. Having been on previous committees myself, I recognise characters like Peedoff - always ready to complain but never prepared to step up to the mark and do any of the work themselves.

I have started watching the Devils this season, and would just like to say that we love the evening - it is a great night out with a great atmosphere and very welcoming. It is also good to be able to find forums like this to find out more about how the fans feel about the club.

I am all for raising concerns, but there are ways of doing it and getting on a soap box and knocking the people who do all the work is not the way. Why not come forward with constructive criticism, accompanied by positive recommendations for improvements?

Finny

Since posting their first (and only) message, peedoff hasn't even logged in since. In fact they were only logged in enough that first time so that they could post their message.

Shame that they aren't honest enough to admit to the username they usually post under. Though IMO it's pretty obvious really...... ;)

Does it really matter who it is or if they're posting under another name or not? They've raised points in an open forum as is their choice, and we've discussed them.

The question you need to ask is, if this has happened, why they felt the need to do it. Probably fear of being shot down i guess? But then that's part of the nature of open discussion.

Finny and the other posters, I really feel you shouldn't goad someone for not wanting to post under their usual username or real name. The OP raises some valid points and as fans of the Devils and supporters of the club we should discuss these matters - whether the poster posts under his own name or not is irrelevant really.

But that's my two penneth!

Could we maybe now drop the whole who is the poster debate and concentrate on the matters raised? Be they valid or not.

Finny

devilish said:
Finny and the other posters, I really feel you shouldn't goad someone for not wanting to post under their usual username or real name.
Most forums do not allow members to use multiple usernames, and ban people who do so.

Well i haven't checked the inferno, but going from your response i'll assume the inferno doesn't ban multiple users...so surely it would be fair to just let the op have their say. If they abuse this then by all means ban them. I'm just not comfortable with people saying oh it's a negative post so it must be so and so, that's highly inappropriate. It annoys me that sometimes posts which (in my opinion sometimes rightly) berate the club or the team result in a personal attack on the poster. It's disappointing that's all i'm trying to say, keep it on topic and not make it about the person behind the post. Cheers.

Finny

Nobody has ever been stopped on here posted negative comments. However, they have to remember that if they are posting comments that disagree with other posters, those other members are going to pick them up on it.

I find it quite amazing when people come on here and slag off players or people within the club - and then get all defensive and upset when people start disagreeing with them.

I like the saying 'You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all the people some of the time, You can't please all the people all of the time.'