Posters - who's gonna print them?

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #23
Fubar said:
Rhythm said:
Especially as - ahem - you can print them out at work in many cases....
you can print them off at work AFTER YOU ASK PERMISSION of course, is what Rhythm meant to say...isnt that right Rhythm?
Ummm no.... I meant to say exactly what I said, strangely enough :lol:

Were the 'ahem' and the 'many cases....' unclear ;)

But yes, do be sure to get the bill payers permission at all times!

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #24
JPM42 said:
Any chance we can get these a week ahead rather than the day before a game so people have a chance to plan ahead?
I will make the request, no problem. That said, they do advertise 4/5 games per poster (though the headline game does dominate)

TheStub

In terms of the competition, maybe include an extra page in the poster PDF with the details... or anything else you want to convey.

In terms of the posters, maybe the correct dates for games would be a step in the right direction also. I've just printed off the nottingham one (B&W) and the game is advertised as the 23rd. Do I win something for spotting the deliberate mistake?

I think a second page with the fixture list on might be good. If people can't get to the headline game they might earmark another.

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #28
Gingers Husband said:
In terms of the posters, maybe the correct dates for games would be a step in the right direction also. I've just printed off the nottingham one (B&W) and the game is advertised as the 23rd. Do I win something for spotting the deliberate mistake?
Yep.

I will personally buy you a flex ticket to give to a person of your choice for that one.

In return I look forward to one post from you about something good Devils related, off the ice.

I know you like a challenge :lol:

Rhythm said:
In return I look forward to one post from you about something good Devils related, off the ice.

Ha-Ha. Can you give me a day or two? I seem to have come over all tired and headachey, way past my bedtime you see. I will get back to you though, there must surely be something. Musn't there?

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #30
Gingers Husband said:
Rhythm said:

Ha-Ha. Can you give me a day or two? I seem to have come over all tired and headachey, way past my bedtime you see. I will get back to you though, there must surely be something. Musn't there?
Shall I start?

We don't have Bob anymore.

Your turn! :lol:

Sheincar

I've printed them off virtually every game but it's pointless when they turn up the day before like the one for tomorrow's game especially as I'm not in work tomorrow - on strike :eek: .

I've put them up in work & have 2 in my car. I even emailed to Brent with a photo. Do I get a prize :lol:

Probably a bit off topic but seeing as it's slightly about increasing attendance at the bbt then .....

What about advertising flex tickets to the big employers in Cardiff (Council,Cardiff Bus, Admiral Insurance etc) and maybe doing a deal on them.

£12 a ticket or something.

People normally will buy them if they think they are getting a bargain.

Sheincar

Sheincar said:
I've printed them off virtually every game but it's pointless when they turn up the day before like the one for tomorrow's game especially as I'm not in work tomorrow - on strike :eek: .

I've put them up in work & have 2 in my car. I even emailed to Brent with a photo. Do I get a prize :lol:
On Wednesday I was 2 away from winning SOHB & I was 2 away from winning Stevie's shirt. Now it seems I can't win a competition in which I was the only 1 who took part :lol:

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #34
Sheincar said:
Sheincar said:

On Wednesday I was 2 away from winning SOHB & I was 2 away from winning Stevie's shirt. Now it seems I can't win a competition in which I was the only 1 who took part :lol:
Hang on, didn't you recently win a match night giveaway? ;)

Sheincar

Rhythm said:
Sheincar said:
Sheincar said:

Hang on, didn't you recently win a match night giveaway? ;)
And :D Just find it funny I can't win in a weekly competition that no one else joined in. Now that's what I call unlucky :lol:

I had an idea of maybe putting a section on the bottom that people can rip off giving them 50p/£1 off a ticket to that game.
Each pull off would have to be numbered so each person that prints it out can only do so once.
Then you could even look at an incentive for the person who gets the most pull offs used by recording the numbers on the pull off at the gate. Like £10 ticket for their next game/or something equivalent for season ticket holder.
Not sure how feasible it would be as for the preventing general fans just printing for own use and agreement of pi. But wouldn't cost club much with just a small amount off and I think it would probably draw in more than just a poster.
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

TheStub

Some thoughts on posters...

As Sheincar said, they come out a bit late, and then I think we loose them at the bottom of the email. So

1. Send out a separate email on a Monday morning. People are still buzzing from the weekend. This contains ONLY the next game details and a defined call to action.

2. Have a static address that always downloads the latest poster.

3. Get the poster on the website - with a link like Devils Talk.

Really make a thing of the competition. Get the photos on the screen match night - make people really want them.

All small and simple things that could help spread the word.

Sheincar

Wonder when the poster's going to come out for the next game? If we had them now they'd be in place for a week & get plenty of exposure.

ASHIPP

On that subject, wonder if there are any plans to print any more flyers advertising the crucial CC semifinal leg on 25th? :? Or advert in The Echo? This is another massive game.

Probably too late to advertise Steelers on 18th......still time to really push the Giants' game, though, especially as it's midweek.