Revolving door at the NIC keeps revolving

Have Hope#35 said:
James said:
I like the fact the panthers site chooses to put the word retires in double quotes.
http://www.panthers.co.uk/content/joe-j ... s%E2%80%9D
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm not) but that is a "Standard" quotation mark :lol:
Surely the point is that it's in quotation marks at all and not what type of quote? its not required in that context and makes it sound like a fake retirement.

ASHIPP

Panthers sign their 57th import this season. Canadian winger Greg Jacina replaces Joe Jensen.

Easy to see why Giants are so consistent this season....very few injury problems and even few departures/new players. They are the most stable team in this league.

Rempel16

Isn't he Mike Ware's nephew?

Haven't seen any of them play, but i would much rather us have used all of our funds on Oreskovic, a player that will keep other teams honest, than a new n/m, d-men and a forward.

His impact on our team would have been far more than that of three/four new players combined (imo)

Would've loved this Phil to have signed for us,Agree with Rempel 16 this guy would've been a better fit for us atm. Can't see why Panthers need another tough guy though unless Henley is still carrying an injury?

stewie griffin said:
Would've loved this Phil to have signed for us,Agree with Rempel 16 this guy would've been a better fit for us atm. Can't see why Panthers need another tough guy though unless Henley is still carrying an injury?
Panthers are still struggling with injuries, particularly to import d-men.

Werner is injured, Murray and Henley are only just back from injury and (arguably 'import quality' Brit) Stevie Lee is long-term injured.

If rumours are to be believed he may not be the only 'new' signing Panthers will have in this weekend.

Ocko

benh84 said:
Yes would have been a good fit but I'm guessing his salary is possibly more that all the new imports put together with his experience.
I doubt it. He is only in the ECHL at the moment, we usually pay more than average ECHL salaries. Factor in the additional fans (income) he would draw in because players like him are what draw the punters because the Eurotrash we keep spurning out is hardly capturing the imagination.

TheStub

Ocko said:
I doubt it. He is only in the ECHL at the moment, we usually pay more than average ECHL salaries. Factor in the additional fans (income) he would draw in because players like him are what draw the punters because the Eurotrash we keep spurning out is hardly capturing the imagination.
Although some fans (like me) prefer the euro style hockey. Careful not to cover everyone with the same brush.

Remember that it isn't just the cost of the salaries. Getting a player in from North America costs more. It cost more in flights, paperwork and visas. It also takes longer.

We are filling holes quickly - there is the philosophical debate about play style, but our new imports seem to me to be signed to fill holes left by injuries, not to get the crowds through the door in themselves. It would be nice to have the money to fly a guy in, but the lower the crowds the lower our funds the lower the quality we can sign.

At least we will be able to ice a full roster on the weekend, and therefore give our top guys the shorter shifts they need.