rumoour from the rink last night.

Thread starter #1
Adams to go............. Whistle to rejoin.

shoot me down if you want but as this is a forum i thought i would ask people what they thought and whether they thought there is any truth in this.

Chris

Administrator
Heard this a couple of weeks/months back, but nothing more since then.

I'd be very disappointed if we cut Adams now...

Chris.

Finny

Dear lord I hope not.

How reliable were the people who told you this rumour? We clearly have some people who don't like G (I have no idea why) and are probably secretly gutted we won last night.

And why would Adams be leaving? Unless he wants to leave for personal reasons I would be shocked if the club would want him to.

I certainly haven't heard anything of the sort.

Wannabe2

Why the heck would anyone axe a coach who has put together a squad that put 6 past Blaze at theres, 6 past the league leaders and favourites for the title according to some. Personnally as long as the team play to there potential, Devils have been mine, and still are my favourites for the league. This team is the best team we have had for awhile now, and its Gs team, lets not forget that. Myself i think these are very silly rumours, and dont add up one iota, as for Dave Whistle, then that would defo be a backward move, Dave is yesterdays man, and G is todays man, as was proved last night.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Thread starter #8
i actually agree wannabe. I dont want G to be axed. I was only stating that i heard these rumours and thought about discussing them on a forum. Isnt that what a forum is all about.

Wannabe2

andydevils said:
i actually agree wannabe. I dont want G to be axed. I was only stating that i heard these rumours and thought about discussing them on a forum. Isnt that what a forum is all about.
It sure is my friend, and i wasnt having a dig at you, just responding that i really do believe its a really silly rumour, not put about by you i may add. This team can really win a few trophies this year, as long as they play every shift as they should, and one young man is showing how to do it, and thats a certain Tyler Michel, if i had the money i would buy Tyler, put him on the mantlepiece, and keep him as a Devils player for at least the next 5 yrs, followed closely by Ben.

Gazza272

Dave 'i'm only here for a beer and a paycheck' Whistle?

No Thanks, i thought he treated his job as coach as far to much of a holiday and seemed to struggle with the import limits set down and the fact that most of the guys who won him loads with bracknell and belfast had moved on to higher leagues or retired.

It is a big season for G in my opinion and i do think he is under more pressure to win things this season than in previous, and i certainly dont think it helps when stuff like this comes up.(not directing this to the opening poster by the way, i agree as a forum things like this should be open for discussion)

Not quite sure what the point of this thread is? Besides which, is it 'rumour' or just someone evesdropping on a conversation and completely misconstruing it. Or someone having a bit of fun, after all Dave Whistle is hardly the first person that would spring to mind for a new coach, I can barely remember him and I've been going since 86

Wannabe2 said:
andydevils said:
It sure is my friend, and i wasnt having a dig at you, just responding that i really do believe its a really silly rumour, not put about by you i may add. This team can really win a few trophies this year, as long as they play every shift as they should, and one young man is showing how to do it, and thats a certain Tyler Michel, if i had the money i would buy Tyler, put him on the mantlepiece, and keep him as a Devils player for at least the next 5 yrs, followed closely by Ben.
You might be able to fit Ben on your mantlepiece - not sure about Tylor though :lol:

Cracking post, just what G would want to hear. The word supporter contains the word support, so as for starting a poinless post like this would you consider yourself a supporter or just someone giving support? I wonder.

taffmcwilliam said:
Cracking post, just what G would want to hear. The word supporter contains the word support, so as for starting a poinless post like this would you consider yourself a supporter or just someone giving support? I wonder.
Bit harsh...

I'd say 10% of 'rumours' on ice hockey forums in this country turn out to be factually correct. Only last week Devils 'supporters' rumoured that Silverthorn was Sheffield bound because he'd been cut from the ECHL. A rumour is a rumour and has very little to do with how much of a supporter you are.

Thanks for the original post Andy. I've heard the rumour of Adams being cut a couple of times during the off season and since then, although I can't see it happening at this stage of the season.

Holl_5 said:
taffmcwilliam said:
Bit harsh...

I'd say 10% of 'rumours' on ice hockey forums in this country turn out to be factually correct. Only last week Devils 'supporters' rumoured that Silverthorn was Sheffield bound because he'd been cut from the ECHL. A rumour is a rumour and has very little to do with how much of a supporter you are.

Thanks for the original post Andy. I've heard the rumour of Adams being cut a couple of times during the off season and since then, although I can't see it happening at this stage of the season.
I agree with you Holl_5 and i also heard the same rumour about somebody in Devils organisation allegedly wanting "G" out in the Summer, i won't say any more.

Koop11

Whistle is overrated in my opinion. Would be very disappointed if ever came to this club.

I have every faith in Gerad and can't see the club getting rid off him. His heart is in the Cardiff Devils, somthing Whis never had. I think this is just another made up rumour. Move on.

Chris

Administrator
Hardly a pointless post, someone heard a rumour and put it on the boards.

For what it's worth, this rumour has appeared several times now, and from different people.

To question someones support of the team because they posted something they heard is ridiculous.

Chris.