rumoour from the rink last night.

So, does anybody know, or is anybody willing to say,

A. Who wants G out?

B. Why?

C. Who has the power to get rid of him apart from Matt Burge?

At the moment, I can't see it being for hockey reasons. It is true we have had a patchy start but have been blighted by our usual ice/injuries/suspensions etc. As has been said so many times, we are in year two of a three year plan, if there is an element or elements within the club who would derail this process for personal motives maybe someone should get rid of them and let G concentrate on the team.

august04

I haven't been a huge fan of Adams in the past and thought he would come under severe pressure this season if the team didn't deliver on the ice. However after a great 4 point weekend, tonight we could stand second in the league, 1 point behind the leaders. That's not the time to be making such a drastic change. If it was a major coup and the management wanted to secure the services of a big name coach, then perhaps it might be more understandable. I don't think Dave Whistle falls anywhere near that category though.

I heard someone wanted G out last summer, and was given an ultumatum coach only or nothing, hence why he stepped onto the bench.... Don't know how true this is, so I didn't post it.

Whis IMO was very over rated and I was disappointed when he won us nothing.

Dave "If I come back to the UK it will only be Cardiff - then signs for Sheffield" Whistle.

I wouldn't be hapy if we signed Whis. G has signed a brilliant squad this year.

Chris said:
Cracking post, just what G would want to hear. The word supporter contains the word support, so as for starting a poinless post like this would you consider yourself a supporter or just someone giving support? I wonder.
Hardly a pointless post, someone heard a rumour and put it on the boards.

For what it's worth, this rumour has appeared several times now, and from different people.

To question someones support of the team because they posted something they heard is ridiculous.

Chris.
Ridiculous is it? Take five and think how this sort of post could affect the team. They read these forums and to have fans posting this sort of thing will be doing more harm than good. We put 6 past the Panthers and then win up in Scotland for another 4 point weekend, then G returns home to this sort of thing. If i were him i would be pretty P%$$£d off.

Ridiculous is it? Take five and think how this sort of post could affect the team. They read these forums and to have fans posting this sort of thing will be doing more harm than good. We put 6 past the Panthers and then win up in Scotland for another 4 point weekend, then G returns home to this sort of thing. If i were him i would be pretty P%$$£d off.
Its a rumour, nothing more nothing less. Its not a "get G out" campaign and I'm sure G has had enough experience with rumours throughout his professional career not to get upset. If he thinks there's a grain of truth i'm sure he'll take it up with the devils' managment.

Posting the rumour doesn't make anyone any more or less of a supporter. Chill out, enjoy an excellent weekend, our great league position and look forward to us overtaking Nottingham at the top soon :)

Chris

Administrator
It's a rumour, it wasn't posted as fact or anything else.

If a rumour on an unofficial forum affects the morale of the team, then something is wrong.

Chris.

drainage

Hoping this rumour stays exactly that ..... never over impressed with Whistle back in the day and see no reason to gas G either.

yea we had some duff results/games but we are in a better place than some right now.

ditching a coach in season .... not for my money !

Gazza272

I'ed also counter that if G reads these forums (although given his past comments on Fans forums i'ed gather he doesnt :lol: ) then there has pretty much been 100% support for him, which if anything would i imagine give him a lift.

I'ed agree with Chris Though if teams are affected by things written on forums there is something wrong.

Wannabe2

Headlines
Today the Cardiff Devils sacked there excellent coach Gerad Adams, Gerad had to go as he put together a team that was far better than anything in the Elite league. A Devils spokesman commented that due to increased crowds, and the fact that the present team was the best assembled for many a long year, that something had to give. We havent had this kind of response and excitement for our fans for a long time, and if we are not carefull then we could easily return to the Glory Days, and that wouldnt be tolerated by anyone. Apparently Cardiff City Council have shown a sign of relief as the way the Devils were going, they would have been so succesful then heavens above they may have needed a bigger and better home.So there we are folks common sense hopefully will again prevail, and the happy WHISTLER will return, and use all his experience, and expertise to keep us in the position to win Zilch. Now that was a very close shave.
SCRAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Gingers Husband said:
if there is an element or elements within the club who would derail this process for personal motives maybe someone should get rid of them and let G concentrate on the team.
Couldn't agree more, if there's a rotten apple in the barrel get rid and fast and let G get on with his job.
Just out of interest here's a quote from Matt Burge's programme notes last night "I have every confidence in G and the playing team"

Diafol

Well I heard a rumour today that Scotty Bowman will be replacing G as coach.

OK I'll come clean - I just started a rumour that Scotty Bowman will be replacing G as coach.

Do you think G will be quaking in his boots ?

Give the guy a break...

EDIT:

Hang on, Cardiff City coach Dave Jones was at the game last night, do you think he fancies his chances ?

no point fixing that which isn't broken!

G's put together a team all Devils FANS can be proud of.

The team are working well - winning is a habit and the guys have picked it up really quick - especially when you take injuries and suspensions into account.

A great 4 point w/e including a drubbing of the League leaders - preceded by a dubious loss at home on penalties (The Giants must have thought Xmas had come early when their equalising goal was allowed)

The only thing that matters is as a previous poster put it - Matt Burge has complete faith and G and the playing team.
End of!!

wildthing74

Don't know why the poster who started this thread is getting stick?Whilst if true it seems a pretty dumb move to me and most of us but give the guy a break.
We spent most of the season looking at the rumours thread and that was not a problem then.Nothing wrong with that IMO.It's not as if the thread was started "we should sack G and bring back Whistle".

Wannabe2 said:
Headlines
Today the Cardiff Devils sacked there excellent coach Gerad Adams, Gerad had to go as he put together a team that was far better than anything in the Elite league. A Devils spokesman commented that due to increased crowds, and the fact that the present team was the best assembled for many a long year, that something had to give. We havent had this kind of response and excitement for our fans for a long time, and if we are not carefull then we could easily return to the Glory Days, and that wouldnt be tolerated by anyone. Apparently Cardiff City Council have shown a sign of relief as the way the Devils were going, they would have been so succesful then heavens above they may have needed a bigger and better home.So there we are folks common sense hopefully will again prevail, and the happy WHISTLER will return, and use all his experience, and expertise to keep us in the position to win Zilch. Now that was a very close shave.
SCRAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Is that true? Is it a rumour? Or is someone being a very naughty boy? By the way, Dave whistle didn't win zilch he came second at that because his team wasn't physical enough.

Finny

Dai Vader said:
I don't want to add fuel to the fire but i heard Shannon was doing the player signings during the off season and not G, only a rumour though ;)
Nonsense.

Anyone who has been on here for any length of time knows that I pick the players and Gareth Huish picks the line.
The exception being in 2000-01 where wannabe2 was allowed to pick 1 fighter, and chose 5.

mazza03

Finny said:
Dai Vader said:
I don't want to add fuel to the fire but i heard Shannon was doing the player signings during the off season and not G, only a rumour though ;)
Nonsense.

Anyone who has been on here for any length of time knows that I pick the players and Gareth Huish picks the line.
The exception being in 2000-01 where wannabe2 was allowed to pick 1 fighter, and chose 5.
Oooooooooo that's a lie he only chose four I chose the fifth. :lol:

If they did replace G I would lose all respect for the club. :roll:

Gazza272

Finny said:
Dai Vader said:
Nonsense.

I knew i'ed get the best out of Miller dropping him to the third line :lol: