Satire is Dead

Electro

Sarcasm is the love child of Satire, Satire had a one night stand with a member of the PC community and so Sarcasm was born, a method of humour that, unlike Satire, grew up in a time of restriction. A time that has to put a health warning on using an empty can of Heinz beans as a drum to promote a product, just in case our children, who lack common sense, cut themselves. A time when to call someone crazy, lazy, stupid or mock their parenthood, place of birth or skin colour in a joke is no longer viewed as humour, probably because today there is a high chance that person may well be crazy, stupid, lazy or easily offended. The Satire age people could cope with these comments far better, they also knew that a can would cut, you coped with that, nobody ever died or was disabled by such a wound, nowadays I'm sure a child would suffer long term damage to a nerve, never work ,a life of disability and there parent would need counselling, but the compensation would help, but never be a substitute for there disabled pinky.

The world has moved on, for better or worse. Sarcasm has simply replaced Satire.

Unless your a Devils fan watching in England, pointing out the Welsh desire for sheep is apparently is still acceptable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

E.D.S.

And to finish let's get back to talking hockey. Our team is one of the best we have had since I have been a fan and I am optimistic for a big 4 point weekend. Another W against the steelers will be huge but we have to get past an unpredictable blaze first.
See, now that is a post worthy of posting. You'll get a debate on hockey and our team and not a pointless argument on people's opinions and who is right or wrong, optimistic or pessimistic - satire or not.

Blaze will be hurting but surely they don't have the quality to live with us, unless that Stewart fella stands on his head again!
The Steelers.... who knows. Is there bigger game for us (since the last one)? Huge game. Got to be four points.

Loved listening to Lord post Clan game. Still seems like he's growing into his role. Whilst I'm still undecided on him what comes across in spades is he clearly has the dressing room. Love hearing him talk about accountability. Seems to have some real leadership qualities and comes across as a 100% honest and genuine guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk