Shirt auction

d20

few went for £300,400,500 plus and there were a few about £200 but joey martins red one went for £1200 and the white one £750 ish and it was the same woman that bought them !

Finny

TommyDevil13 said:
Didn't someone spend £6,000 on Rempel's CC shirt in 2006 after he scored a hat-trick in the second leg for a 4-1 win to overturn the 3-0 deficit?
£3000?
Shared between two people?

Although I did hear the money was never paid?

matbur

Yeah, it was good fun. Dangerous after a few beers though! I almost got Morissette's shirt but stuck within my predetermined figure! I enjoyed.

Electro

Total madness, as an investment it's ridiculous. As a way of donations it's just a silly as the club has owners capable of financing itself.

The only time I've experienced this is when ego's enter a room and instead of urinating on the walls decide to splash the cash in front of lesser mortals.

Plenty of charities needing a help.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #11
Electro said:
Total madness, as an investment it's ridiculous. As a way of donations it's just a silly as the club has owners capable of financing itself.

The only time I've experienced this is when ego's enter a room and instead of urinating on the walls decide to splash the cash in front of lesser mortals.

God you are one Bundle of joy aren't you. If people want to buy a shirt then guess what it ain't got sod all to do with you. What people want to buy, and what gives them a buzz is personnel to them and that's all that matters. Try lightening up dude, it's a short life.

Wannabe2 said:
Electro said:

God you are one Bundle of joy aren't you. If people want to buy a shirt then guess what it ain't got sod all to do with you. What people want to buy, and what gives them a buzz is personnel to them and that's all that matters. Try lightening up dude, it's a short life.

HOW DARE A BUSINESS SELL ASSETS OFF IN AN ATTEMPT TO SEE A PROFIT/SECURE FUTURE ASSETS

Electro said:

Who said these were purchased as an investment? If individuals want to spend their hard earned on these then so be it.

Must admit...I did do a double take at the best part of £2k for a pair of shirts but so be it.

Maybe the purchasers also give to charities..sweeping statement that is unfounded and no need to suggest that some peoples egos are the driving force in a purchase of this nature.

Electro

I have no issue with people spending money on shirts or the club providing them.

Even better if proceeds went into say junior development or bringing in kids that cannot afford kit.

It's when the ego's turn up it spoils it.

Like others have said I'm sure they'll end up on eBay for peanuts.

I'm just a bit more direct with my criticism.

pjj365

Electro said:
I have no issue with people spending money on shirts or the club providing them.

Even better if proceeds went into say junior development or bringing in kids that cannot afford kit.

Look around on game day. So many old shirts worn with pride.

Sure some end up on ebay and from experience are not always cheap - I have lost out on a couple which I wanted for sentimental (not ego) reasons

Don't think anyone buys for profit and I would not dream of condemning anyone who sells later circumstances change

Don't knock sentiment and don't assume these people don't otherwise give money, time and effort to charity. I know a few who sctually do this

Yes you are direct in your critism but I don't see whst is to critisice unless you have some inside knowledge about people's motives

voth26

Electro said:

What gives you the right to stick your nose into other people's business and make derogatory comments about something they were happy to do and can clearly afford. You have the choice to do the same if you so wish, or not as is the case now, I don't see any one levelling criticism towards you for not partaking in the auction. Maybe you just need to mind your own dam business, straight enough for you

kettdevil1

Interesting discussion.

Out of interest, why do egos spoil it? I actually found the auction an amazing spectacle.... and it was great to see so many people happy with their purchases.

Surely if people are willing to pay big bucks then that is up to them?