Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

I don’t care if he was as good as Gretzky, I wouldn’t want to see him in a Devils shirt. Totally classless.
Only a rumour I know, but UK Ice Hockey Rumours are reporting that Conway has signed for 23/24 in Slovakia but with a clause that he can tear up his contract and return to Belfast mid-season if he thinks things aren’t going his way!

If true, what happened to loyalty to the team and the fans and 'digging deep' and working harder to get through tough times and team first attitude?
As I say only a rumour but if true it gives you more than a little insight into his character, or lack of!

lloyd_jeff

Only a rumour I know, but UK Ice Hockey Rumours are reporting that Conway has signed for 23/24 in Slovakia but with a clause that he can tear up his contract and return to Belfast mid-season if he thinks things aren’t going his way!

If true, what happened to loyalty to the team and the fans and 'digging deep' and working harder to get through tough times and team first attitude?
As I say only a rumour but if true it gives you more than a little insight into his character, or lack of!
Players are playing for the money, the career and their own satisfaction. Fans are generally the irritation that comes with the job, loyalty works both ways and in professional sports players get binned, there is no loyalty, it’s a contract. If Conway came to Cardiff, wouldn’t bother me, most players are arrogant ar….oles, some just aren't as good at hiding it as others.

Wannabe2

Players are playing for the money, the career and their own satisfaction. Fans are generally the irritation that comes with the job, loyalty works both ways and in professional sports players get binned, there is no loyalty, it’s a contract. If Conway came to Cardiff, wouldn’t bother me, most players are arrogant ar….oles, some just aren't as good at hiding it as others.
So you know most players do you ???, bet they ain’t as arrogant ar- - -oles as you dude.

kristian

How to win friends and influence people

kettdevil1

A really strange season for Brittain, as Caldicot says, he never got going for us but it was so frustrating as you could see the basic ingredients were there and when with the right linemates (especially Fournier) he looked what his stats suggest he is.

Good luck to him at Dundee, I guess next season will tell us if he just wasn't used correctly by the Devils or if it's the sun is setting on his career

Wannabe2

Hope it works out for him in Dundee, they are my 2nd favourite team. It never really happened here in Cardiff but hopefully it will there.

moggy#9

I got the impression when he arrived that he expected to be around for some time, but that was never going to happen with his lack of production. I do have some sympathy though, as he may well have been a victim of the awful coaching last season. He certainly looked better at centre.

His was a prime example of why we shouldn't sign players solely on reputation.

Wannabe2

I think that’s Brittain’s level these days to be honest. A lower league EIHL team, he’s not good enough for a top 4/5 team. Same goes for Penny
Totally agree, don’t think last seasons coaching helped, but we need higher standards to win silverware and hopefully the guys still to come will produce. Like the signings so far and with our huge upgrade on the coaching side we will have something to shout about.