Something strange happening on this site

DevilDom

Thread starter #21
Ok enough said.

Whilst certain people would seek to inflame the situation I would like to draw a line under it.

I apologise if certain people think I have overeacted, however I was annoyed that a post of mine was deleted that I think did not say anything too bad and was not any different to countless other posts I have seen on this site.

I have calmed down a bit now and whilst I still think the post should not have been deleted without me being told at least the reason why, I'd like to drop the matter. It was the whole essence of what I see as certain people able to say pretty much what that they like and wind people up whilst others seem to get jumped on straight away that I think annoyed me most though. However I will try and fall into line.

I respect the work done by the moderators and the guys that run this site immenseley and its a great forum.

I rarely post on the forum although I read almost everything. This is a lingering fear from the old Devil's forum where the smallest comment would be flamed at. I'm glad to say when I do post on this forum, after taking a deep breath and waiting for flames no matter how innocent the comment, I never have the negative reactions that so often appeared on the old forums and for this we can thank the mods (and the now better trained posters ;) ). Without them doing what they do this forum would quickly spiral into the dark times of the old Devils forum and I don't think anybody wants that. Great work guys - keep at it!

Chris

Administrator
Double standards and favoritism, a way of life I'm afraid.
It has absolutely nothing to do with either of those.

I've explained to you via pm why your posts were previously moderated or, why I had posted the way I did and you seem unable to accept this.

If you cannot handle being moderated, then either think your posts through first or feel free to go and setup your own forum without the over moderation you dislike so much here.

Chris.

DevilDom

Thread starter #30
Chris - I am happy to be moderated as long as its consistent. If not then the site loses the huge integrity its has built up.

A

Anonymous

Im referring to what DevilDom and myself have experienced, that some people can say what they like and other posts are deleted for little or no reason, do we not have a point? Yesterday I posted " yes sir " and that was deleted. Hardly offensive in my book. And Chris the comment "make up your own forum" is highly boring now. Perhaps I can PM you my views and opinions then you can let me know if its acceptable or not? Just because your a Mod doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

Chris

Administrator
Im referring to what DevilDom and myself have experienced, that some people can say what they like and other posts are deleted for little or no reason, do we not have a point? Yesterday I posted " yes sir " and that was deleted. Hardly offensive in my book. And Chris the comment "make up your own forum" is highly boring now. Perhaps I can PM you my views and opinions then you can let me know if its acceptable or not? Just because your a Mod doesn't mean I have to agree with you.
Because your post was not needed, just like the other post I have deleted, bringing my grand total to 2. I'm not sure why you had to post "yes sir" after being told to drop the issue.

I'm still waiting to hear who is in this 'clique' that has been mentioned, and i'm still wondering who else has had entire posts deleted, because so far it's only you and DevilDom that have complained about posts going missing. I've now explained why the posts were deleted and Steve has also mentioned why he has edited posts.

I've never mentioned that you have to agree with me, but if you're going to continue to question the way I moderate my own forum, then why not stop posting or think your posts through and perhaps edit them before they go up so neither myself, or the other mods have a reason to edit, delete or censor them.

As far as i'm aware my posts have been reasonable on this thread and you've decided to start with the sarcasm again, just like you did when I had the same conversation with you via pm.

Chris.

A

Anonymous

Sheincar said:
How do you know other people haven't had posts deleted. Just cos they don't make a song and dance about it.
I was just backing up Devildom as Ive experienced the same kind of thing. I'm not really the one making a song and dance. The thread isnt mine :?

DevilDom

Thread starter #35
Chris said:
Because your post was not needed, just like the other post I have deleted, bringing my grand total to 2. I'm not sure why you had to post "yes sir" after being told to drop the issue.

I'm still waiting to hear who is in this 'clique' that has been mentioned, and i'm still wondering who else has had entire posts deleted, because so far it's only you and DevilDom that have complained about posts going missing. I've now explained why the posts were deleted and Steve has also mentioned why he has edited posts.

I've never mentioned that you have to agree with me, but if you're going to continue to question the way I moderate my own forum, then why not stop posting or think your posts through and perhaps edit them before they go up so neither myself, or the other mods have a reason to edit, delete or censor them.

As far as i'm aware my posts have been reasonable on this thread and you've decided to start with the sarcasm again, just like you did when I had the same conversation with you via pm.

Chris.
Chirs I understand now. Please stop quoting me. I have apologised for stepping out of line.

DevilDom

Thread starter #36
"yes sir" hardly sounds like something that needs to be deleted.

Others say much which worse with no sanction. That is where you need to look for your clique.

DevilDom said:
Chris said:

Chris.
Chirs I understand now. Please stop quoting me. I have apologised for stepping out of line.
He didnt quote you he quoted The DevilTorn !!
And you wonder why people think you're paranoid !!

Chris

Administrator
Please read who the quote actually came from, it was TheDevilTorn, not yourself.
"yes sir" hardly sounds like something that needs to be deleted.

Others say much which worse with no sanction. That is where you need to look for your clique.
The post wasn't needed, that's why it was deleted.

Myself and the other mods edit a lot of posts, just because they haven't posted a thread similar to this, or brought the moderating up in the general section of the forum does not mean there were no sanctions, or warnings handed out behind the scenes.

If there are threads we have missed the comments on, there use the report post feature to bring it to our attention. We all have jobs and lives outside of the forum and the chances are we've missed something if it hasn't been edited or deleted and clearly should have been.

As far as i'm concerned there is no clique, i've had my own posts edited before now and just about everyone who posts regularly has had one of their posts edited in some way.

Chris.

A

Anonymous

If all unneeded messages were deleted there would be nothing left to read :lol: (Please note, this is an attempt at humor, please don't attack me, I come in peace)

Chris

Administrator
The last 2 replies have been deleted. By me.

Reason? I want this topic to stay on topic to the opening and most of the other posts.

Chris.