SORAC and the New Rink

To be fair to the rink staff the condition of our rink compared to a lot of other ones owned by PI shows quite an achievement by the staff , nowhere will ever be perfect for everyone :)

Foxy

I've lost all track of this now.

So do PI still hold the tender for the new rink or have they pulled out or had it taken off them for any reason?

Wasnt the structure of this temporary rink only guaranteed a limited life span ie 5 years before it HAD to be replaced?

did i mention accepting it? i was merely saying that in my opinion the rink staff do a good job compared to the other PI rinks i have been in! wow! wonder why i never comment very much in here.... :eek:

Foxy said:
I've lost all track of this now.

So do PI still hold the tender for the new rink or have they pulled out or had it taken off them for any reason?

Wasnt the structure of this temporary rink only guaranteed a limited life span ie 5 years before it HAD to be replaced?
Foxy,
As far as I can tell, Planet Ice still effectively are the sucessful tenderer. There seemed to be some apparent issue with being able to demonstrate that they can fund the project. As far as most people can tell, this is as far as the project has got, with no signs of Cardiff County Council having any intention of calling time on Planet Ice (as it seems as though it's PI that is stalling the commencement of the project).
The norm in most construction contracts would be that a failure to commence would be sufficient reason to terminate the contract, but I'm guessing that CCC & PI haven't even agreed the terms of a contract yet, so they're not subject to any contract yet.
The lack of communication from any of the parties involved in the development becomes more frustrating by the day!

icecoach2020 said:
did i mention accepting it? i was merely saying that in my opinion the rink staff do a good job compared to the other PI rinks i have been in! wow! wonder why i never comment very much in here.... :eek:
You're right mate. To be fair, the repair that's being done to the boards (from what I could see in training on Monday) is being done pretty well. Generally, the staff do a bloody good job, with the limited resource they're given.

Kipper

Lucas69 said:
icecoach2020 said:
You're right mate. To be fair, the repair that's being done to the boards (from what I could see in training on Monday) is being done pretty well. Generally, the staff do a bloody good job, with the limited resource they're given.
That is a good post.I think the rink staff are a good bunch who do their best under difficult financial circumstances

osh

buzzwagon said:
Any news on the out come of the meeting on Friday?

Further to the above, was there a meeting withCCC and, if so, could SORAC publish relevant items please as it may form part of the questions I wish to ask on Monday if I can actually get to the forum meeting ( struggling at the moment but still hoping )

Wannabe2

There was apparently a meeting between PI and the council on friday, whether that went ahead at the moment we dont know, the council guy Jon House wife has just had a baby so dont know if it was cancelled or not. We were hoping to hear friday, then Monday but so far nothing has been forthcoming. There are other things going on with Sorac at the moment that i dont want to repeat on a public forum, but we are far from dead in the water.

steve

What strategy does SORAC suggest now - we have PI expecting to get planning on Jul 8th. The only other 'suitable' tender has PR behind it - is that something were still supporting? (i believe the actual tender was made by another one of his dodgy companies that's not in liquidation?)

If we were successful in getting CCC to ditch the PI bid, what alternative is there now?

Finny

Force the council to build us what we were originally promised?
A 4000 seat arena with a full size second pad.

It doesn't matter who owns the Devils or who runs the rink - that is what South Wales needs.

steve said:
What strategy does SORAC suggest now - we have PI expecting to get planning on Jul 8th. The only other 'suitable' tender has PR behind it - is that something were still supporting? (i believe the actual tender was made by another one of his dodgy companies that's not in liquidation?)

If we were successful in getting CCC to ditch the PI bid, what alternative is there now?
Getting planning and actually financing and building a rink are two different things, I would imagine that PI need planning just to keep the tent up as surely any temporary planning consents will be running out soon.

This ISV has been billed as an International Sports Village, CCC has spent loads on consultants etc on the project. We should not accept anything that is not fit for purpose for all users. As Devils fans we probably spend the least time in the rink over a year anyway. SORAC is for all users and we will not accept a sub standard facility and will continue to campaign for it. Personally I don t care if CCC build it themselves or Planet Ice or even Chi Chi Panda ffs as long as it is suitable for everyone and is a fitting replacement for the WNIR