Stars v Devils - 09/10 @ 18:30 - League - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

Apologies I slightly misquoted you on MNL. I put the word 'Morgue' instead of funeral, but it conveys a similar atmosphere.
Does it though? A funeral has singing and music and normally one deceased. A morgue has many deceased and no singing or music.

:D

august04

1st period start shift Forward units
1st line Asselin Martin Morrisette
2nd line Haddad Ulmer Bentivoglio
3rd line Doucet Lord and Myers
4th line Brine Jones/Piggot Bordeleau
Thanks Russky. I'm pleased to see the Haddad Ulmer Bentivoglio line back together as I thought they showed some real promise at the start of the season. For whatever reason (and it's a decision that still baffles me), Lord swapped Haddad for Doucet which just did not work with a knock on effect on the effectiveness of Ulmer and Bentivoglio (and Doucet too for that matter). Maybe Lord will give them some time again now and stop tinkering where it's not needed.

kettdevil1

There is a thread running about the best Devils lines of all time...... the Mo-Asselin-Martin line is fast becoming a contender. Tonight it was a complete joy watching them. At one point, Mo fed Asselin behind our net, he beat a couple of players, spun round and fed Martin with a no-look pass, throwing the puck between his legs. The chemistry, skill and understanding was of a level I have seldom seen. Just brilliant.

Electro

Does it though? A funeral has singing and music and normally one deceased. A morgue has many deceased and no singing or music.

:D
You been in many morgues.

My sis used to work in one, apparently used to play "Bat outta hell" whilst embalming clients.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back on topic, Very happy to get the 2 points lastnight against a tough Dundee side. Didn't see the game or catch MNL so have no incline as to how we played but to be honest I'm not that bothered. It was the 2 points that counted and after the recent doom and gloom that came out of the Coventry game, a 3 point weekend isn't bad at all right?

Great result even if we didn't play to good and the lines are still being messed around!!
To me people always blame the d when things go wrong. The turnovers and cost of goals to many 2 on 1s etc. They imo are doing ok and are only conceding 2 a game which is about average.
It's our forwards who are not doing there job. If a d man jumps the play and helps the attack then surely it's up to the centre to cover him and I just don't see that happening.
Also the d men are looking for a pass out from the zone but the forward isn't making himself available then that's the d men's fault too? Surely not.
Ulmer has gone really quiet and doucet can't buy a goal. Last thing is can lord stop changing the lines?? They need to stay the same for god sake.

Great result even if we didn't play to good and the lines are still being messed around!!
To me people always blame the d when things go wrong. The turnovers and cost of goals to many 2 on 1s etc. They imo are doing ok and are only conceding 2 a game which is about average.
It's our forwards who are not doing there job. If a d man jumps the play and helps the attack then surely it's up to the centre to cover him and I just don't see that happening.
Also the d men are looking for a pass out from the zone but the forward isn't making himself available then that's the d men's fault too? Surely not.
Ulmer has gone really quiet and doucet can't buy a goal. Last thing is can lord stop changing the lines?? They need to stay the same for god sake.
Anyone would think we bombed. We didn't play our best but still got 3 out of 4 points on offer. It's getting those junk wins & overtime points that might just win us the league when the lads hit their stride. We won't win every game but if we can pick up a point if/when we lose it' might make all the difference

kettdevil1

Actually at times I thought we played excellent hockey, the first line was outstanding and it was good to see a degree of 'nastiness' being shown (especially by Batch and Louis). There are still things to work on, we need to get some of our snipers firing and I am still not 100% convinced that the line chemistry on the 2nd/3rd line is quite right but.... I have enjoyed this season so far and have seen nothing to dissuade me from my view that we will be up there challenging at the end of the season.

Interesting that a loss yields a seven page thread whilst a win results in minimal comment on the game and a contest over who knows the most about morgues....

august04

Interesting that a loss yields a seven page thread whilst a win results in minimal comment on the game and a contest over who knows the most about morgues....
Hardly surprising (except for the morgue bit which must be an Inferno first!). One was a home loss in front of over 3000 people, the other was an away game in Scotland witnessed by much fewer fans. In the main, people prefer to comment on games they've seen for themselves.

KaneDevils

People want to know why when you lose.
No one cares why you win.

The morgue was supposed to be a joke between russky and myself. Then electro got involved.
No need to get your knickers in a twist. It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile!

Electro

Didn't we have several pages on the Bordy/Klotz rumble in the jungle, although more like a fart in jumanji, the several pages of Coventry hype became another Mega Monday.

I guess when we win the half full brigade are less likely to analyse it.

I'm sorry, l didn't me to gate crash your private joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk