Stars v Devils - 09/10 @ 18:30 - League - Chat/Updates

DevilDom

Just watched the highlights. A good win and good comeback after what I thought was a very disappointing showing against Blaze on Saturday.

I do however find it slightly worrying that 3 of the 4 goals scored were whilst our go to line was out (Mo-Martin-Asselin) and that our other lines including some of the big name signings has as yet failed to get going. Hopefully we'll see something special at home this coming weekend when the owners are in town.

KaneDevils

Looks like it could of gone either way. Some good saves at crucial times by bownsy.
Still concerned at the ease in which we give away the puck on times, especially in
Our own zone. Seemed to lose a fair few battles on the boards too. Still, a wins a win.
Lets hope it's the start of a good run of results.

pjj365

Just watched the highlights. A good win and good comeback after what I thought was a very disappointing showing against Blaze on Saturday.

I do however find it slightly worrying that 3 of the 4 goals scored were whilst our go to line was out (Mo-Martin-Asselin) and that our other lines including some of the big name signings has as yet failed to get going. Hopefully we'll see something special at home this coming weekend when the owners are in town.
Strange game this one of ours. What is a go to line?

Last night in Leafs v Sens a 19 year old rookie 3rd liner in 1st NHL game after a year in Switzerland scores all 4 Leafs goals. Who would have thought him the go to player

DevilDom

Strange game this one of ours. What is a go to line?

Last night in Leafs v Sens a 19 year old rookie 3rd liner in 1st NHL game after a year in Switzerland scores all 4 Leafs goals. Who would have thought him the go to player
My definition of the "go-to-line" would be the line that Lordo relies on in big situations because it usually delivers. The point being we need more than 1 line scoring and yes I am aware that other lines have different roles.

Devil_Abroad

Also I think its true for most game threads in the history of the-inferno that a win gets fewer comments than a loss.
Guess it's easier to make a comment on something if you think you know what's wrong? If there's nothing wrong because a win is a win then there's no comment to make apart from the 'hooray we won' comment which therefore can't be argued with and thus lead to a long discussion?

Did I make sense at all there? Anywhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk