Stars Vs Devils - League - 16th Feb 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
After a hard run of games, there's no letting up with another midweek trip to Scotland, this time to play the Stars. They beat Belfast last Friday so like all Scottish teams this year can't be taken for granted at home. Looks like we will have Kozun in net to start for this one and will be missing McNally as he serves the second game of his suspension. A win will edge us back into second place.

BostonBart22

After a hard run of games, there's no letting up with another midweek trip to Scotland, this time to play the Stars. They beat Belfast last Friday so like all Scottish teams this year can't be taken for granted at home. Looks like we will have Kozun in net to start for this one and will be missing McNally as he serves the second game of his suspension. A win will edge us back into second place.
Is carruth injured then ?

James

Administrator
Thread starter #3
No, Devils just implied it with their recent shirt off his back post saying Kozuns game worn will be available after the game Wednesday. I may be wrong.

Rempel16

Can't argue with the two games, but I'm not complaining about Louis' actions there. Richards first made contact with Carruth (if it had been incidental as DOPS say, then there's no way his hand would have swung to try and take Carruth's helmet off - he knew exactly what he was doing) and then he tried to mix it with Louis when he had the jump on him getting back up.

Louis rightly showed some passion and I'm sure Richards will think twice before he tries to take any liberties with our goalie / team again.

tim78

Initially thought Richards had knocked the goalie helmet off, maybe in the moment Mark thought it too and took him down. Richards punches him when down and Mark responded angrily.

I know the line mans stepped in but it's hard to cooldown quickly plus you are a wiling combatant if you throw a punch whilst others are down.

I always thought both lines men had to step into separate the fight. You could argue therefore if the linesman had left them fight then Richards could have defended better and Mark could have thrown a punch without trying to get too over frustrated. 2 games is reasonable, hopefully Richards isn't hurt but a bit wiser about starting a fight with someone a lot bigger.... If not then the game gets more colourfully interesting!?

Rob Batch

Ha ha, lucky the clown didn't have a mystical third eye ! I don't know why he upset Big Lou so much but he must of done something to make him react the way he did. I trust Big Lou to police the fools, I'm glad he plays for our team.:)

Devil94

A question for someone who has some officiating experience (if there is someone on here). One linesman (#90) jumps in between Louis and Richards, and that should be the end of it. When it isn't though and Louis carries on, linesman #77 just stands there and watches while #90 struggles with 2 players. Isn't it usual practice for linesman to take a player each in this scenario? Once one jumps in the other backs up? If they did do that, Louis wouldn't have been able to throw the extra 2 punches that got him banned.

I understand it's not always possible if there's a few incidents across the ice, but when this was the only scuffle, surely it would be better to get involved than standing and watching?