Stars Vs Devils - League - 16th Feb 22

Hedd Wyn John

So then folks I came down with a really nasty migraine shortly before face off and I've been in a heck of a lot of pain and puking my guts up all night until just now.

Was my night as bad as watching the Dundee game?

Wannabe2

Well fortunately for us we didn’t have to watch a very poor performance all night, only for 55mins. What probably would have been worse would have been having your Migraine and watching this game, the final score flattered us big time, and to be honest that performance could have given a statue migraine,but hey ho we now move on. It’s not the losing it’s the way you lose,hope everyone gets home safe that’s the most important thing.

moggy#9

I'm surprised
Well fortunately for us we didn’t have to watch a very poor performance all night, only for 55mins. What probably would have been worse would have been having your Migraine and watching this game, the final score flattered us big time, and to be honest that performance could have given a statue migraine,but hey ho we now move on. It’s not the losing it’s the way you lose,hope everyone gets home safe that’s the most important thing.
Watch out wannabe, the twit-verse will be after you for having a melt down. ;-)

Wannabe2

It’s all good nature banter, if it’s taken out of context that’s other peoples problems. Up to the team now to give us a 4 point weekend, if I was to lose a game to anyone it most definately would be the stars, so that eases the pain a little.

BostonBart22

Good to see we played a full 5 minute game again
Left 55 mins on a luxury plane ride as well, suppose they can claim jet lag , time to start having bus rides to scotland, look at fife last week 11 hour journey with stops to guildford and won 5....1, why? because they wanted that win so they could have a jolly on the bus home for another 11 hour ride..

Mazzoak

I guess the reality of 21/22 season just washes over some fans, they watch willing the woes of the weeks & months before to magically disappear in a cloud of pink smoke. Oh well, nothing like optimism, the glass half full and his cash are quickly departed.
It’s blatantly obvious which games are important & which aren’t, l know the boss has stated we always aim for success, im not so sure he’s told the team or has he. See the league was going to be a long hard slog from day one, for reason I’ve repeated many, many, many times. Sheffield are still salty about the ending of last season, their fans, owner, everyone will have demanded they hit this season hard and they have & we haven’t, simple, this year was never going to be our league year, it was never our aim, not this year, sorry EDS, such is life.
We can challenge for the Cup, we can certainly compete for the play offs, fingers crossed we come away with something. If we don’t w don’t, that’s the reality of life, aim high, expect nothing.

Hedd Wyn John

I guess the reality of 21/22 season just washes over some fans, they watch willing the woes of the weeks & months before to magically disappear in a cloud of pink smoke. Oh well, nothing like optimism, the glass half full and his cash are quickly departed.
It’s blatantly obvious which games are important & which aren’t, l know the boss has stated we always aim for success, im not so sure he’s told the team or has he. See the league was going to be a long hard slog from day one, for reason I’ve repeated many, many, many times. Sheffield are still salty about the ending of last season, their fans, owner, everyone will have demanded they hit this season hard and they have & we haven’t, simple, this year was never going to be our league year, it was never our aim, not this year, sorry EDS, such is life.
We can challenge for the Cup, we can certainly compete for the play offs, fingers crossed we come away with something. If we don’t w don’t, that’s the reality of life, aim high, expect nothing.
Realistically our league challenge was over when we lost 4 in 5 before Christmas.

Sheffield went out recruited well & put a really strong team together, so did Belfast.

Let's be honest our recruitment didn't go as well & it was a always going to be an uphill task this season.

I think our team is in a much stronger position now but I still don't think we're quite the finished article. Scoring wise we are not up there with Sheffield while D wise we are bit weaker than Belfast. I think most of players are good enough to come back next season. I would like to someone knew brought in for the D & I still think we need some more size up front.

jenks33

The frustrating thing is we’ve actually got a good record against the top two. I think we are played 10 won 6 against Belfast/Sheffield. Unfortunately it’s our record against teams like Dundee and a poor Nottingham side that have killed us. I think we’re played 5 lost 3 against both of those teams in all comps.

As far as last night is concerned I think it’s difficult for anybody to defend that. Had they watched it of course. Fair play to Skalde he was pretty scathing in his post match interview. The loss didn’t bother me so much, we were out of the title race before the game in my opinion so I wasn’t worried about losing. The performance was abysmal tho. 31 minutes into the match the shots on goal were 21-6 to Dundee. Just the 6 shots on goal halfway through the match and we’d had 3 powerplays!! It was awful. We were a bit all over the place defensively as well. The scoreline should have been 5-0 to Dundee going into the last 5 minutes of that game. I’m not worried about the loss, the manner of the defeat was very concerning tho with a huge match against Sheffield coming up next Wednesday.

Mazzoak

We’ve lost games that didn’t matter and won games that did, and when l say games that matter, let’s be honest upcoming games are more important than yesterday.
Our league challenge was never an option, loosing 4 in 5 was probably close to expectation, heck it may even have been better than expected considering a major factor in our recruitment capability pissed off to the USA, with some great players.

Hedd Wyn John

We’ve lost games that didn’t matter and won games that did, and when l say games that matter, let’s be honest upcoming games are more important than yesterday.
Our league challenge was never an option, loosing 4 in 5 was probably close to expectation, heck it may even have been better than expected considering a major factor in our recruitment capability pissed off to the USA, with some great players.
If we had our current squad at the start of the season I'd say the Devils would be right up there.

E.D.S.

You are too cute. Thank you for thinking of me Sweetheart but there's no need to apologise to me for the Devils not winning the league. I'm ok with it. It's been great reading your posts though and to hear how you are on the inside and know with 100% certainty that our aim was not to win the league this year, even when one of the owners set the record straight on that one. You knew best. I'm definitely inclined to believe you more though. I mean what would Steve King know? Thankfully next year we'll smash it as we won't have those factors that have only impacted us like "Brexit" and "Covid" to deny us and we definitely won't be a rebuild team. It'll be easy.

I bet Steve didn't know that Todd told Louis not to fight as he wanted to create a family environment at the rink. That was another belting insight from you. Although my personal favourite was when you called Pride a "PR Stunt" but then back tracked massively to gloss over your highly offensive summary of Pride being a fad, when Lloyd gave a very personal and powerful account of what Pride meant to him and how important it was. That one was awesome.

Keep up the good work kiddo. You are the gift that keeps on giving and I bloody love you.

Thank you for the apology. You're ace.

Much love

x

Last edited:
You are too cute. Thank you for thinking of me Sweetheart but there's no need to apologise to me for the Devils not winning the league. I'm ok with it. It's been great reading your posts though and to hear how you are on the inside and know with 100% certainty that our aim was not to win the league this year, even when one of the owners set the record straight on that one. You knew best. I'm definitely inclined to believe you more though. I mean what would Steve King know? Thankfully next year we'll smash it as we won't have those factors that have only impacted us like "Brexit" and "Covid" to deny us and we definitely won't be a rebuild team. It'll be easy.

I bet Steve didn't know that Todd told Louis not to fight as he wanted to create a family environment at the rink. That was another belting insight from you. Although my personal favourite was when you called Pride a "PR Stunt" but then back tracked massively to gloss over your highly offensive summary of Pride being a fad, when Lloyd gave a very personal and powerful account of what Pride meant to him and how important it was. That one was awesome.

Keep up the good work kiddo. You are the gift that keeps on giving and I bloody love you.

Much love

x
. One of the more memorable shutdown posts I have read for some time.

Mazzoak

Much love

x
Let it go, constantly defending your belief the team this year was put together to get close to the league title is just pathetic..........and owners who need people to buy tickets aren’t going to state anything different.

E.D.S.

Let it go, constantly defending your belief the team this year was put together to get close to the league title is just pathetic..........and owners who need people to buy tickets aren’t going to state anything different.
You’re such an angry little bear. Shall we get a room? I can feel the chemistry.

I asked for a ‘competitive’ team that’s it. We’ve got that. There was no entitlement to win the league, you’ve kinda made that bit up and now you’re calling the owners liars/deceitful. You are on fire!

Mazzoak

You’re such an angry little bear. Shall we get a room? I can feel the chemistry.

I asked for a ‘competitive’ team that’s it. We’ve got that. There was no entitlement to win the league, you’ve kinda made that bit up and now you’re calling the owners liars/deceitful. You are on fire!
At least this month you’re happy with the team.

BostonBart22

Covid and brexit got nowt to do with our team every team started on equal terms regardless of squads .19 players each ..I'm happy with ours , todd is happy, owners happy and most of all most fans are and we still got a hockey team to be proud of ...