Stars Vs Devils - League - 19th Nov 21

Wannabe2

Have loved Dundee stream for awhile now, lovely people running it, characters commentating on it, so many great things about this club my 2nd favourite team without a doubt. Would love to see them finish 2nd in the league.

Devils86

This all comes back to a very good point made by Jenks after the Guildford win last Saturday: consistency.

Most import tonight was the 2 points, achieved. Next, score some goals, achieved. Letting the Stars back in should be the slight wakeup call which Skalde will deliver having still got the win.

Throw in 2 goals for Dupont and 1 for BOC - good nights work

But means nothing without another 2 points on Sunday

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Was Dupont involved? I’ll need to see it again. I thought O’Connor was the only one at fault
Dupont lost the puck in the O zone then tried to recover in the neutral zone but missed the puck completely giving the Stars a two on one that O Connor made worse by trying to poke check and losing it. If you have the webcast its at 3:20
Yes Dupont is scoring now that he is on the Cox Sandford line and his second goal was beauty but I still have reservations about this guy. I hope he proves me wrong.

E.D.S.

This all comes back to a very good point made by Jenks after the Guildford win last Saturday: consistency.

Most import tonight was the 2 points, achieved. Next, score some goals, achieved. Letting the Stars back in should be the slight wakeup call which Skalde will deliver having still got the win.

Throw in 2 goals for Dupont and 1 for BOC - good nights work

But means nothing without another 2 points on Sunday
Couldn’t agree more. You have to take the positives from this team and where they are at their stage of development. To expect a Sheffield like performance or make a comparisons to that game isn’t fair or right in my book. It’s unrealistic. Too many variables. We played a totally different team, different style, different venue. We aren’t a team that dictates how a game goes and consistently stamps our mark and style on it. We simply aren’t there ….yet.

DuPont, granted is taking a while to get up to speed but as per what others said about Ulmer - he was definitely slow to adjust.

Without the dual goalie strategy we could have come unstuck here and like I’ve said, Scotland trips season after season cause us to drop points. I’m taking the 2 points and the positives and moving on.

jenks33

Dupont lost the puck in the O zone then tried to recover in the neutral zone but missed the puck completely giving the Stars a two on one that O Connor made worse by trying to poke check and losing it. If you have the webcast its at 3:20
Yes Dupont is scoring now that he is on the Cox Sandford line and his second goal was beauty but I still have reservations about this guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
There’s no question that we still need to see more from him. I thought we saw glimpses yesterday of the player we thought we were getting but still a long way to go.

tim78

It's a bit wierd as Dupont passes the puck really well and is probably the strongest skater on the puck but ends up making a simple cough up. Which reminds me of Linglet buy without the flare.
The only downside I noticed is the urgency/our pace on the line changes, but in fairness he had 2 strong starting shifts in the Guildford game but they captailised on both of them which is a bit of a downer for a player.
He's definitely some who can bring alot and make a difference, just needs to get a few more good games in to break the negative views.

Devil94

Dupont was excellent again last night. Still squeezing the stick that little bit tight, but he dominated the game, as did Register.

Can see for sure that the team plays better with him in the line up.
Dupont was great again, but I thought Register had his weakest game for us so far. A lot of turnovers and bad passes. But he's definitely not someone to be worried about, just one of those nights.

Earnie

How about the Devils goal that was missed?
I saw it on TV, my wife saw it, a friend who is up there saw it. Someone on Twitter saw it?

moggy#9

Couldn’t agree more. You have to take the positives from this team and where they are at their stage of development. To expect a Sheffield like performance or make a comparisons to that game isn’t fair or right in my book. It’s unrealistic. Too many variables. We played a totally different team, different style, different venue. We aren’t a team that dictates how a game goes and consistently stamps our mark and style on it. We simply aren’t there ….yet.

DuPont, granted is taking a while to get up to speed but as per what others said about Ulmer - he was definitely slow to adjust.

Without the dual goalie strategy we could have come unstuck here and like I’ve said, Scotland trips season after season cause us to drop points. I’m taking the 2 points and the positives and moving on.
Yeah
I saw it on TV, my wife saw it, a friend who is up there saw it. Someone on Twitter saw it?
I was just reading the Twitter thread about this. I thought that all the teams were supposed to have goal line technology. There's some stuff going on on this league that would have been embarrassing in the HBL days.

jenks33

Was that the Sanford shot in the second period? If so to be honest I looked at the replay a couple of times and I’m sure it hit both posts and came out. Or are you talking about another incident?

kettdevil1

Dupont was excellent again last night. Still squeezing the stick that little bit tight, but he dominated the game, as did Register.

Can see for sure that the team plays better with him in the line up.
Yep, that's how I see it. He looked as though he was struggling to adjust at the start of the season but at the moment he is dominating when on the ice. His disruptive play is superb, stick detailing excellent and he gives Cole and Sanford space which they didn't get when he was injured. The two goals were great to see on Friday but in reality it is the parts of his play away from the puck that we missed when he was out.

voth26

Players will always lose the puck at some point, not ideal but that's hockey same as a footballer will score an own goal!. I don't get the constant grief Dupont is getting if I'm honest granted its taken him some time to get going but the guy scores 2 goals yet all he's getting is grief because he lost the puck as you commented in your post even to the degree of mentioning the time it happened. I don't see many negative comments when Reid doesn't score

Slartibartfast

Players will always lose the puck at some point, not ideal but that's hockey same as a footballer will score an own goal!. I don't get the constant grief Dupont is getting if I'm honest granted its taken him some time to get going but the guy scores 2 goals yet all he's getting is grief because he lost the puck as you commented in your post even to the degree of mentioning the time it happened. I don't see many negative comments when Reid doesn't score

To be fair, Reid has been a goal machine and rarely loses the pucks so why should he get negative comments. Dupont has been lacking goals until recently and seems to lose the puck a lot, including twice in recent weeks that has led to soft goals against. Thats why he gets such negative attention. The other reason he gets so much attention is because of his pedigree. He clearly can be a top class player but he hasn't for us. Why? Injury, fitness, effort? I don't know what the reason is. I even defended him in the early days but he has frustrated the hell out of me and others. He has moved up and down the lines but didn't seem to fit in anywhere. But he looks like he could settle on the Cox Sandford line and bring some muscle to that line and cause some chaos in front of goal. I really hope this is the turning point for him.

By the way the reason I mentioned the time of the goal is because someone said it was O Connors fault (which it did seem at first glance) so I had a look at the replay and gave the time for anyone wanting to judge for themselves.