Steelers end kit kat toss

Swarley

Apparently it was canned due to complaints from players, not sure how true that is but either way I'm kinda glad they won't be doing it again I like the fact the Devils have something special going on.

Clan being the exception as they have Mars bars on Saturday thanks to Wally lol

trapped

I can't imagine that the players complained too much about it. It is probably more the logistical nightmare of dealing with that many kit kats on the ice. There looked to be thousands out there. The people needed to clean that up and distribute would probably be something they hadn't accounted for.

Bit of a kill joy, particularly as they have been taken to food banks etc, but it is what it is, I guess.

kingmo19.1

Considering a Kit-Kat is far more brittle than a Mars bar or a Twix, the impact at ice level would have resulted in extensive chocolate shattering and breakage. Also taking into account the steep stands at the House of Rust, the angle of decent and velocity would be extensive and thus untold damage would be unavoidable.

There is no way a standard 2 or 4 bar Kit-Kat could survive the impact unscathed. No way!

Might I suggest to the Sheffield hierarchy a change of product may be worth considering - I can vouch that the following would be far more suitable:-

A Picnic, Boost or Starbar !

Last edited:

moggy#9

Thread starter #7
Considering a Kit-Kat is far more brittle than a Mars bar or a Twix, the impact at ice level would have resulted in extensive chocolate shattering and breakage. Also taking into account the steep stands at the House of Rust, the angle of decent and velocity would be extensive and thus untold damage would be unavoidable.

There is no way a standard 2 or 4 bar Kit-Kat could survive the impact unscathed. No way!

Might I suggest to the Sheffield hierarchy a change of product may be worth considering - I can vouch that the following would be far more suitable:-

Do they still make boost bars? I haven't seen one of those since they were getting crushed in the road outside Durham ice rink.

Christopher

What if the kit-Kats were thrown at the players instead of the ice, would they still shatter ?
Answers on a postcard please !!!

Diafol

Word on the street has it that the idea was dropped following a misunderstanding between Evan Mosey and Barry Brust:

Mosey:
"Can I please have a KitKat Chunky?"

Brust picks a KitKat Chunky up off the ice and brings it back to him.

"No," says Mosey, "I wanted a normal KitKat, you fat **** !"

moggy#9

Thread starter #10
Word on the street has it that the idea was dropped following a misunderstanding between Evan Mosey and Barry Brust:

Mosey:
"Can I please have a KitKat Chunky?"

Brust picks a KitKat Chunky up off the ice and brings it back to him.

"No," says Mosey, "I wanted a normal KitKat, you fat **** !"
The only problem with that story is that I can never imagine brust willingly giving up any form of food.