Steelers v Devils - PO Semi-Final - 15th April 23 - 1900 FO

Ocko

PP = SHOOT.THE.PUCK

Honestly, I would love to know what goes on at training with the PP. The players must be tearing their hair out if this is the 'system' they must follow.
PP doesn’t = SHOOT.THE.PUCK, unless you don’t really know anything about powerplay systems. Powerplays are about retaining possession and creating openings for good scoring chances. Not hit and hope from the point.

Our powerplay isn’t poor from a lack of shooting, we just don’t have the correct individuals in the right positions and too many important players having bad seasons.

jenks33

Interesting to see what happens to Fox now. To be honest there’s a lot to like about him as a coach in my opinion but bottom line is Sheffield haven’t won enough during his time at the club.

moggy#9

Interesting to see what happens to Fox now. To be honest there’s a lot to like about him as a coach in my opinion but bottom line is Sheffield haven’t won enough during his time at the club.
Let's not forget that they've been abysmal last season and this. Their pp was worse than ours. They have a rebuild to do. If expect them to get a new coach to do it.

jenks33

Let's not forget that they've been abysmal last season and this. Their pp was worse than ours. They have a rebuild to do. If expect them to get a new coach to do it.
I think he builds pretty entertaining teams they’ve just never been consistent enough under him. Sheffield have always been cutthroat so it’s probably the end of him.

PP doesn’t = SHOOT.THE.PUCK, unless you don’t really know anything about powerplay systems. Powerplays are about retaining possession and creating openings for good scoring chances. Not hit and hope from the point.

Our powerplay isn’t poor from a lack of shooting, we just don’t have the correct individuals in the right positions and too many important players having bad seasons.
Well fundamentally that is the problem isn't it. You can keep possession on the PP for a full 2mins, but if you put only 1 or even 2 shots on net, what is that doing!? I'm not talking about blindly shooting from the point, I'm talking about heads up play and when a lane opens up, let it go. We don't do that. The PP this year cannot be defended & considering our top PP line are quality players, it begs the question of what system they are actually being taught.

Quite ironic that we win on a powerplay goal.

ASHIPP

Game sums up the season, a rollercoaster until the last few minutes of regulation to equalise. Then the nail biter of overtime. How ironic it was a pp goal to win.

Very cruel way to lose a semi final for the other team. But look at the opposition in the Final....Giants coasted through their game today against the Panthers. Let's hope the Devils are really motivated to give them a game tomorrow.

moggy#9

I'm absolutely astonished about the squeakers complaining about the ot penalty. No way they can claim the one on Brandt was genuine, but not that. Always good to see the Steelers suffer.

august04 2.0

Not a vintage performance by any stretch, in fact just before we tied the game, I felt the crowd was beginning to turn on DuPont and the team after some dreadful play at the start of the third. But take a bow Ben Davies, I think it was his first shift in the third period after DuPont had shortened the bench. That lad has scored some huge goals in his career and that one was right up there. And after a shaky first 20, Bowns needed to be better for the rest of the game, and in fairness, he was. Coughler with a lovely finish in OT after a questionable call against the Steelers (but those refs owed us after a blatant missed high stick on Coughler and the Brandt penalty, which I thought was harsh). Not great but we got the crucial win against a pretty average Steelers team. Now the big one tomorrow but we have to be so much better to beat the Giants, than we played today. Regardless of the result tomorrow, big changes still needed for me next year. But let’s enjoy this character win, onwards and upwards tomorrow.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #97
I know there are reported posts on this thread, thanks to those that are using the feature.

Unfortunately it's proving to be a massive pain in dealing with them so I'll sort tomorrow.

For the rest, please stop attacking each other, needlessly trolling each other or whatever nonsense you have planned.

We've just won, the next game thread is sorted, let's all be nice :)

Attachments

moggy#9

Not a vintage performance by any stretch, in fact just before we tied the game, I felt the crowd was beginning to turn on DuPont and the team after some dreadful play at the start of the third. But take a bow Ben Davies, I think it was his first shift in the third period after DuPont had shortened the bench. That lad has scored some huge goals in his career and that one was right up there. And after a shaky first 20, Bowns needed to be better for the rest of the game, and in fairness, he was. Coughler with a lovely finish in OT after a questionable call against the Steelers (but those refs owed us after a blatant missed high stick on Coughler and the Brandt penalty, which I thought was harsh). Not great but we got the crucial win against a pretty average Steelers team. Now the big one tomorrow but we have to be so much better to beat the Giants, than we played today. Regardless of the result tomorrow, big changes still needed for me next year. But let’s enjoy this character win, onwards and upwards tomorrow.
I agree with everything except the comment about the ot penalty being questionable. There was no question for me, though I admit that some people might think that whistles should stay in the ref's pocket in ot.