Stingrays v Devils - 30/01 - 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

NOISYGIRL said:
I'd rather sign a young hungry team who wanna prove themselves, like Tyler, not players who have historical injuries etc and those just wishing to spend their time partying and site seeing

At this rate I'll be supporting the ENL boys next season, if I didn't have a season ticket I'd be doing it now
I'm right there with you!!!

[quote="BLOCK 3 DEVIL") I would rather have him 80% fit than not at all and hope that he returns to his lethal best for next season.[/quote]

I believe this season is smithy's swan song and is retiring in April, so don't expect him back next year.

Diafol

NOISYGIRL said:
At this rate I'll be supporting the ENL boys next season, if I didn't have a season ticket I'd be doing it now
That looks like a classic case of someone throwing their toys out of the pram.
I'm as peeved as everyone else, but surely now isn't the time to turn our backs on the team, however disappointed we are.
We still have the Cup and the Playoffs to aim for, it can be done.

PS
And as you have a season ticket, you could be doing it now. For free :lol:

Angelic_Devil said:
NOISYGIRL said:
I'd rather sign a young hungry team who wanna prove themselves, like Tyler, not players who have historical injuries etc and those just wishing to spend their time partying and site seeing

I'm right there with you!!!
Thats 2 more seats available for genuine Devils fans who support their team through thick and thin !!! :lol:

Derby Devil said:
[quote="BLOCK 3 DEVIL") I would rather have him 80% fit than not at all and hope that he returns to his lethal best for next season.
I believe this season is smithy's swan song and is retiring in April, so don't expect him back next year.[/quote]

We'll just have to see.....

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #26
Bit fickle that really isn't it? especially as they're doing so well away. I agree its frustrating but wanting to get rid of your season ticket because they aren't winning... :roll:
They didn't say they wanted to get rid of it...
Thats 2 more seats available for genuine Devils fans who support their team through thick and thin !!! :lol:
Ah, so because they have an opinion that isn't viewed as positive on here, they're not 'genuine' fans...

For what it's worth, i've been fairly disappointed by Smith and Birbraer and a couple of other players so would happily settle for a mixing up of the lines in the off season.

There's clearly a problem with our away performances, we have 2 coaches available and yet we still seem to make ridiculous mistakes and neither seems to be able to get the best out of the players. There were occasions tonight where we had a powerplay and again only had 4 players on the ice...

Something should have changed, but we've pretty much run out of time now unless we can pull off some quick signing tomorrow. With Michel and Adams injured, there goes our extra import advantage :(

Chris.

nmase20 said:
NOISYGIRL said:

Bit fickle that really isn't it? especially as they're doing so well away. I agree its frustrating but wanting to get rid of your season ticket because they aren't winning... :roll:
Sorry you've lost me there ! so well away ? when was that then ?

Its my opinion and I'm entitled to think what I think, if they put the effort then so will I simples :shock:

I don't have the time to support 2 teams whoever said the comment about as I'm a Season Ticket holder I can support the ENL boys for free, I'd pay to see them, thats not the issue

But oh I don't have a right to say my opinion because I'm not a PROPER supporter get real

I was ment to say home games, and i never said your not a PROPER supporter anywhere in my post, however, i still think its a bit fickle that you'd rather be watching the ENL just because the devils aren't doing great. As has been said, we should be supporting them through thick and thin. i don't believe the players aren't putting the effort in, im sure they want to win just as much as we want them too. The tactics clearly aren't working and it seems the coach is unable to find the tactic to fix the issue.

Diafol said:
NOISYGIRL said:
That looks like a classic case of someone throwing their toys out of the pram.
I'm as peeved as everyone else, but surely now isn't the time to turn our backs on the team, however disappointed we are.
We still have the Cup and the Playoffs to aim for, it can be done.

PS
And as you have a season ticket, you could be doing it now. For free :lol:
Look, I've seen it every year, bla bla bla, same thing gets said all the time every year, oh the play offs etc, there's always an excuse, I'm not having ago at you, just the excuses all the time, realistically we don't have a chance. I have supported the team through thick and thin, I'm struggling to afford to go, when money is tight I can think of other things I could spend my hard earned cash on, you don't know me to know how passionate a supporter I am so don't say hurtful things to me, thank you

nmase20 said:
I was ment to say home games, and i never said your not a PROPER supporter anywhere in my post, however, i still think its a bit fickle that you'd rather be watching the ENL just because the devils aren't doing great. As has been said, we should be supporting them through thick and thin. i don't believe the players aren't putting the effort in, im sure they want to win just as much as we want them too. The tactics clearly aren't working and it seems the coach is unable to find the tactic to fix the issue.

Each to there own!!!!

BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
Let me assure you that Noisygirl has been a genuine Devils fan for many, many years so lay off someone who is more than entitled to her opinion.

after 20 years of watching the devils its hard work to go and watch them its about time the owner or coach done something to move as forward :evil:

Thats 2 more seats available for genuine Devils fans who support their team through thick and thin !!! :lol:[/quote]
The way things are going there will be more than 2 more seats mate!!!! :lol:
Its not a case of not supporting the team its a case of at least giving 100% and then fans wouldnt be so disheartened!!! but by what you here they dont seem that bothered half the time??? :cry:

Ah, so because they have an opinion that isn't viewed as positive on here, they're not 'genuine' fans...

For what it's worth, i've been fairly disappointed by Smith and Birbraer and a couple of other players so would happily settle for a mixing up of the lines in the off season.

There's clearly a problem with our away performances, we have 2 coaches available and yet we still seem to make ridiculous mistakes and neither seems to be able to get the best out of the players. There were occasions tonight where we had a powerplay and again only had 4 players on the ice...

Something should have changed, but we've pretty much run out of time now unless we can pull off some quick signing tomorrow. With Michel and Adams injured, there goes our extra import advantage :(

Chris.[/quote]

Thanks Chris!!!

nmase20 said:
Not you, Block 3 mentioned that gem ! No I don't have a blue peter badge for attending the most games

Lifes too short to be tittle tattling on here I've said what I feel

rolf

we picked up a point, got beat on penalties, they scored 2 and we got 1. not often teams score 2 from 2 but they did. i'll have that and beat a 10 man(ish) vipers tomorrow whilst quietly watching the top 3 drop unexpected points. sheffield now look a much better bet than they did early season, they could still do us a few big favours yet. the fat lady ain't even on the bus let alone in the building and she ain't even thought what song she will be singing yet. what the fockle is wrong with you lot? plenty of life left in the season. oh yea of little faith.

we're in a cup final, still in the rest of the competitions (just) and we wanna write off the team and the coach. sheeet what a bunch of whingers.

set me on fire, call me names, do what you like. just be prepared to eat it in nottingham in april, cos i'll freekin feed you, that, you can take to bed with yerselves...............

So as none of us here went to the game I thought I would copy something a Stingrays fan has posted on THF

"What a great game fast and furious, If Cardiff play like that away they should win more than they lose - I hear you say "they were only playing the bottom placed team" but this Hull team with Raitums backstopping them are oozing with confidence".