Stingrays v Devils - 30/01 - 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

Im guessing there is no evidence that this occured on a night before a game and so what they do in their own time is up to them, professional sportsmen or not. I don't think its fair to go posting personal photos up on a forum and its a good thing they removed it.

After watching the guys tonight, I do feel at times they don't play in sync. Sometimes it's every man for himself, and they lose sight of the team. Having said that the game flowed, not too many dodgy calls, just one or two. The stingrays are finding their feet, but lack finish. The Devils have so much power, but aren't utilising it.

I was the steelers fan who text in tonight, and the 3 of us who went enjoyed a damn good game of ice hockey. It was a pleasure, I'm just sorry you guys didn't get the result you wanted. The steelers don't play with any of the flare both teams showed tonight.

I thought the Stingrays changing goalie, wouldn't make a difference to them. Well, he proved me wrong big time. He was outstanding - caught everything, no rebounds, and made some ridiculous diving saves (once to cover his own bad pass mind).

Didn't think the Devils did too bad at all, they had the majority of the clear cut chances. The D was a bit of a shambles the first few minutes, and we took 2 silly penalties in a row in the third. Overall though, we looked like a better team. We scored when he had traffic around there goalie - he can't save what he can't see and I was surprised we didn't try this more.

The 5-on-3 at the end was a missed chance. The guys passed well, and didn't lose it sloppily to their credit, but couldn't find an opening. Penalties are luck of the draw, although i'm sure Lyle would like both the ones he let in back -- he left a huuuuge gap to one side of him (not blaming him, he had a cracking game otherwise and made a few 'friends' with the stingrays fans :twisted: ).

A points a point... Stingrays have looked much better there last few games so it's not that bad a result.

Finally, well done ref. He let the game flow and called everything well.

Finny

Angelic_Devil said:
Whatever the way I feel I would give me st away right now!!! :roll:
Seeing as no one else has taken you up on your offer, can I have your season ticket for a friend? Would it be possible to collect before tonights game?
Many thanks.

Koop11

b.goldberg said:
Sheincar said:
OK how about Steve Thornton then!!
Thornton never won league,he won 2 mickey mouse trophies last year!
I wouldn're regard the CC as a Mickey Mouse trophy. Whilst the Playoffs have traditionally been the most coverted piece of silverware after the league title, the playoffs as a tournament in recent years has become one of the most easist titles to win due to the pathetic changes to its formatt. The CC is by a much more difficult trophy to win.

If you still feel the CC is Mickey Mouse then I trust you'll be disappointed if we come away with that piece of silverware this year.

I agree the challenge format is alot tougher than playoffs but league and playoffs in my eyes are the real trophies.The league is being the best in british ice hockey and playoffs are last trophy of a long season, but i agree two legged playoff is terrible,120mins of hockey and your season could be ended should have gone back to years gone by where had 2 groups of 4 and play 6 games home and away with top two from each group going to finals weeked would be better.But i dont think that would happened to getting ice time for arena teams.

Finny said:
Angelic_Devil said:
Seeing as no one else has taken you up on your offer, can I have your season ticket for a friend? Would it be possible to collect before tonights game?
Many thanks.
Naughty boy Finny, me thinks you could be conspiring to break the terms and conditions of a season ticket there :lol:

Don cherry said:
This is why we may loose alot of away games !!!
Why exactly shouldn't a sportsman, professional or not, enjoy a few beers with his mates ? Assuming that the photo that you were prepared to post on this forum, to embarrass certain individuals, was not taken the night before a game.

Finny said:
Angelic_Devil said:
Many thanks.

I think you need to check your staff handbook about the use of season tickets :roll:

obviously the thread was getting too negative for you, so you attacked the poster instead :roll: hasn't really added much to the debate, please allow people to discuss their feelings for the club and games without resorting to attacking them with sarcasm and arrogance

thank you

Finny

Jack Reacher said:
obviously the thread was getting too negative for you, so you attacked the poster instead :roll: hasn't really added much to the debate, please allow people to discuss their feelings for the club and games without resorting to attacking them with sarcasm and arrogance

thank you
Eh?
How have I attacked the poster?
How have I used sarcasm and arrogance?

They posted that they were so fed up of losing away games, they no longer wanted to watch home games and were going to throw their season ticket away.
I have asked if I can have that season ticket instead for a friend to use. At the moment they can only come now and again but perhaps if they start going every week they will get hooked and buy their own season ticket next year.

Win - Win situation surely?

steve

Sorry this is a Devils vs Stingrays thread.

Can you guy's do me a favour. If people think forum rules have been broken can you report the post using the 'report post' button, and not start an argument about what people said/might have sadi/meant/might have meant etc., that takes everything off topic.

Keeps happening, gets a bit frustrating. If it carries on i'm going to suggest charity sumo fights during the period breaks where we can vent forum frustrations in a more entertaining way!!!