Successor to Vother

Re: Successor to Vother

Bruce Graham has been voted best power forward a number of seasons in the CHL, hits hard and scores points and goals for fun... Does not fight alot but if he was signed in the EIHL he would put up plenty of points, and if you signed a tough D.man and also had Adams and a agitator like Michel / Lloyd / Finnerty type then the Devils would have plenty of toughness and grit.

kettdevil1

This is a little bit tongue in cheek but how about Derek Campbell (the one with the ill fitting headware rather than the hitting like a train version)?

Can be a complete muppet but when he is focussed on playing hockey he is a real threat and he has the happy knack of playing on teams that are successful...

He can agitate, fight and score.... :D

kettdevil1 said:
This is a little bit tongue in cheek but how about Derek Campbell (the one with the ill fitting headware rather than the hitting like a train version)?

Can be a complete muppet but when he is focussed on playing hockey he is a real threat and he has the happy knack of playing on teams that are successful...

He can agitate, fight and score.... :D
I've said for a long time id take Campbell in Belfast.. Gritty player who puts up decent points every season..

I think he'll be back in Hull though after the season he had up there.. Him and Silverthorn on the same line were very impressive..

kettdevil1

Although clearly, a lot depends on the Hull ownership situation....

Off topic but, Silver is an underated player for me, when he was with us he was double and even triple shifting in some games and yet continued to give 100%. Not a first line player if you are challenging for the title but would be great as a depth player.

Adam Smyth ( Arizona Sundogs ) is some one I'd like to see over here, He'd just be an out and out enforcer it seems.I always quite liked Bergin,He had his cheap slashing/Elbow moments but put up points and could scrap-plus he looks like the principal from Ferris Buellers day off!

Re: Re: Successor to Vother

BLOCK 3 DEVIL said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
Would like to see someone like Kevin Bergin Replace Voth or maybe someone like Szwez/Robbins but also have a Big D Man who can rough it up as well, not only with fights but can lay the body too, i feel we are not physical enough in front of our own net.

Someone like Brian Lee, Tim Cook, Scott Langdon maybe someone in that build to partner Richie (if he is back) or Kenton so they have more of a free roll to get forward.
Wouldn't disagree with the Swez (spelling) option but Kevin Bergin..... you've got to be joking ?

someone LIKE Bergin, he can hit and fight, he is a big body and big figure on the ice, scored goals.

stewie griffin said:
Adam Smyth ( Arizona Sundogs ) is some one I'd like to see over here, He'd just be an out and out enforcer it seems.I always quite liked Bergin,He had his cheap slashing/Elbow moments but put up points and could scrap-plus he looks like the principal from Ferris Buellers day off!
Cant see Smyth type in the EIHL next season, dirtiest player and fighter in the CHL... The league is signing more guys like Hoffman, King, Lepine, Keefe, Frank, Siddall, Clark.ect guys that can play and fight, very few out an out fighters..

TheStub

This league doesn't have the budget or import slots for an out and out fighter.

The most effective guys in the EIHL are the true power forwards - you want guys to put up the points, make big hits and maybe drop the gloves occasionally.

For me fighting is the least important aspect. What saw Voth step his game up was the move away from fighting. Last season Voth was at his most effective when players were looking to fight him, and he just skated away.

Personally I want a David Clarkson. Big hits, meaningful fights, 30 goals, randomly falling over.

special fried rice said:
BeatBox said:
Chris Frank?
X
Not for me, think we can do better to be honest.
I would agree SFR, just thinking if Frank does play as a forward perhaps he will be given that role? Colt King is top of my wishlist if we sign a "replacement" for Vother.

ASHIPP

Bruce Graham - he's the real deal in this role. :cool: Was discussed to death last year as a possible new player to this league and was linked with the Giants, I believe, and also the Devils. He continued in North America and won even more accolades.

If Colt King was motivated on the right team with the right team spirit, we'd see his full potential over here. :shock: