Sundays healthy scratch opinion

GHuish

Personally, I'd go with scratching Kearney. But does Lord feel he needs to be just on the bench in a final so he can solely concentrate on coaching?

Wagstaff

Personally, I'd go with scratching Kearney. But does Lord feel he needs to be just on the bench in a final so he can solely concentrate on coaching?
In my eyes Andrew Lord needs to be on the ice, he is the best captain in the league, I mean this in a kind way as I don't doubt his coaching skills but Devils are a better team when he is out there demanding the commitment from his team mates by example, I hate it when he ices against us!

august04

For me there is no room for sentiment in a final. Play the best team available.
I think I would agree if Kearney was head and shoulders above the likes of Culligan and Doucet in terms of ability. From what I've seen so far, he isn't though. He's a good player, no doubting that, and perhaps offers a little extra but for me he was brought in as an additional body down the stretch that can contribute, rather than a game changer. I may be doing him a huge dis-service as its early days for him but that's how I see it at the moment and under those circumstances I'd rather see those who got us to the final, play in it.

For me, it would have to be Kearney. Only reason being he is the only player that did nothing to get us there. Just more fair I would say.Wouldnt want anyone else to be dropped for this game. Do love Kearney though. Think I'd like to see him back next year.

solelace84

If I was Lordo (and I'm definitely not) I'd play Murdy for the 3rd tomorrow if we have a decent lead, and rest Bowns. But that's easy for me to say!

solelace84

Sounds like Culli has a slight injury according to Lord on the recent icetime interview - maybe that makes his decision a little easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim78

I'd have to say Brine (otherwise benti or ulmer) only because the other players are used to playing in the BBT and I don't see the need for a defense center for that game.

I'd have to say Brine (otherwise benti or ulmer) only because the other players are used to playing in the BBT and I don't see the need for a defense center for that game.
Brine can't be the scratch, he holds the EU passport so will definitely be playing. Culli for me if he's got a niggle. See what happens tonight first

JC23

Can't be Brine or Benti...both are EU passports.

tim78

My Bad for the BB's.

Ulmer why not, I think the majority of the team from the BBT are still with us and have the experience in competing in that arena and does give him a chance to rest until Sunday's game. Is there anyone on this forum that thinks we would lose a game if 1 specific player is missing?

solelace84

My Bad for the BB's.

Ulmer why not, I think the majority of the team from the BBT are still with us and have the experience in competing in that arena and does give him a chance to rest until Sunday's game. Is there anyone on this forum that thinks we would lose a game if 1 specific player is missing?
Scratching our most recent top scorer, whilst he's in top form is crazy talk... sorry.

Jonesy83

My Bad for the BB's.

I'm assuming your saying to leave Ulmer out against Manchester tonight??

This thread is asking who to leave out of the line up for Sunday's Challenge Cup final game.

solelace84

Still.... scratching our top scorer, in top form, with no injuries, when every single league point is crucial.... crazy talk!