Supporters club reincarnation version 666

Paul Sullivan

Out of curiosity, as the recent RASC / CDRA / AN Other announcements have made CDSL effectively ineffective, what is the agenda for discussion at the meeting?

I would just like to confirm that the AGM for the Red Army Supporters Club was indeed held on the 9th July 2013 and a vote was taken and it was agreed to disolve the company known as the Cardiff Devils Supporters Limited (CDSL). Full details of the result of AGM has now be sent to all of the membership..

Further to my recent post I would like to take this opportunity and make the following statement:

The AGM of the Red Army Supporters Club was held on the 9th July 2013 and it is with deep regret that I have to announce that as a result of a vote it was agreed to dissolve the holding company known as the Cardiff Devils Supporters Limited (CDSL) and the Red Army Supporters Club. It is now for my fellow director Paul Hinton and I to dissolve
the company in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Companies Act.

As a director of the Red Army Supporters Club I was really upbeat, looking forward to a promising future following the recent planning approval of the new arena, negotiation and publication of the new 2013 – 2014 membership package combined with the successful creation of the Red Army Stakeholders Group that members of the supporters club had
actively promoted and campaigned for since 2008.

However events took an unexpected turn recently when Paul Ragan sent the Red Army Supporters Club a set of terms and conditions and insisted that the committee should agree to them in order for the supporters club to remain a member of the new Red Army Stakeholders Group. However after careful consideration the committee rejected these terms and conditions because they felt they were too onerous and were above and beyond what were considered to be reasonable. And following the rejection of these terms and conditions Paul Ragan subsequently expelled the Red Army Supporters Club from the Red Army Stakeholders Group and also stripped them of the “official” title. Paul Ragan then went on to instruct Brent Pope to form a new supporters club and he also announced that it was his intention to forward the funds and membership details of the new 2013 – 2014 season tickets (ST) onto the new supporters club.

Subsequently at the recent AGM the members of the now exiled and “un official” supporters club felt that they had no other option but to dissolve the Red Army Supporters Club because there was no reasonable prospect of the “unofficial” supporters club competing against the new “official” supporters club because they did not have access to the funds or the details of the new 2013 - 2014 membership. In addition members did not want any of the Cardiff Devils players or officials getting into trouble, face disciplinary actions if they were ever to attend any future fund raising events organised by the “unofficial” supporters club.

Therefore in accordance with the result of the vote at the AGM the Red Army Supporters Club will now be dissolved and it was also agreed by the members that if there were any funds remaining following the payment of any outstanding creditors, that these remaining funds shall be used to purchase ice hockey equipment for the junior DCF teams.

And finally a question was raised at the AGM about the ownership of the IP Rights and I would like to clairfy that the Red Army Supporters Club does not have, has never held the IP Rights for the Cardiff Devils. I acknowledge that Paul Ragan did approach members of the Red Army Supporters Club committee to discuss the possibility of a transfer of the IP Rights across to the “independent” supporters club. And the committee subsequently discussed this proposal and agreed in principle to the idea but requested sight of any legal documentation before agreeing to, signing for the IP Rights. However Paul Ragan has
never forwarded any documentation to the supporters club for review and or consideration, and subsequently the supporters club has never received the IP Rights. I recognize that this maybe contrary to what has been understood to have been reported in any related press statements or news articles. However I do hope that this statement
will now dispel any uncertainty linking the ownership of IP Rights with the Red Army Supporters Club.

Regards,
Andrew Bradbury

Director - Red Army Supporters Club

Such a shame to read the above post. CDSL in its day was such an active organisation and we raised thousands of pounds for the Devils during the time I was involved.

Just hope the new outfit can do the same. Good luck on that score!

Earnie

It is indeed a shame to loose CDSL.

Andrew's letter spells it out. People are not stupid. CDSL was shunted into a situation where they were unable to operate.

Foxy

Pandora said:
Such a shame to read the above post. CDSL in its day was such an active organisation and we raised thousands of pounds for the Devils during the time I was involved.

Just hope the new outfit can do the same. Good luck on that score!
+1
keeping out of it now. From now on Season ticket only as i want my seat. A supporters club should never have been treated that way.

DevilDom

Thread starter #115
That is a pretty damming account of how poorly CDSL was treated, however i am wary that this account comes from one side of the fence. What were the terms and conditions put down by PR that CDSL thought they could not adhere to? Has the new supporters club signed up to the same terms and conditions?

I think Andrews post was very diplomatic, I had heard that PR wanted to choose the committee which was deemed as un democratic and not in line with the set up of the supporters club. This suggests that the supporters club is now being seen as a way to make extra cash as opposed to a club FOR supporters. I have no problem with a club making cash for the club but FFS call it a booster club

To be honest this is no difference in 2004 to 2006 when Bob wanted cdsl to do exactly the same in providing money for the running of the club instead of us raising money for the juniors and providing a service for the supporters. His point then was that we couldn't use his 'assets' without making monies for the running of the club. We them had no choice in dissolving the company. Sad times indeed

Martynwo said:
To be honest this is no difference in 2004 to 2006 when Bob wanted cdsl to do exactly the same in providing money for the running of the club instead of us raising money for the juniors and providing a service for the supporters. His point then was that we couldn't use his 'assets' without making monies for the running of the club. We them had no choice in dissolving the company. Sad times indeed
I know what you are saying Martyn but the assets are the people who work at it and organize, by the same theory BP had no right to use the goodwill of the volunteers, at least BP actually called it a Booster club in the end.

A supporters club is for the supporters, a booster club is for the club funds, simples

James

Administrator
jodysstillagirlsname said:
I think Andrews post was very diplomatic, I had heard that PR wanted to choose the committee which was deemed as un democratic and not in line with the set up of the supporters club. This suggests that the supporters club is now being seen as a way to make extra cash as opposed to a club FOR supporters. I have no problem with a club making cash for the club but FFS call it a booster club
you heard wrong. I was copied into the email along with the other members of the stakeholders meeting and whilst its not my place to divulge the conditions, that certainly wasn't one.