Swimming Pool Car Park

Wannabe2 said:
Believe me its the truth HONEST.
A friend gave me a lift the week before and he always parks there and gave them a £1 but they never gave him any kind of receipt whatsoever! Hope they are there next Sat as our home game is Sunday :lol:

have spoken to the council today and they had no idea this was going on,will wait for them to call me back with an answer to this,was also told that the car park will also be used for the rafting center next door

Will be interesting to see the outcome with the council. I have parked in the pool car park in the past but refuse to pay, would rather my money went to the Devils than someones pocket. If all Devils fans drive past and park in the rink car park for a couple of weeks they will probably get bored. If they end up refunding all the money they take as the only people using it are pool users then it doesn't seem cost effective to have someone or a couple of people standing there all night.

Still seems very dodgy to me but as mentioned above I hope we returned the favour by charging when all the pool users filled our car park and stopped us getting to the game Sunday.

jimmy snels

after talking with other fans i decided to write a complaint to the pool asking some questions....
i would like to ask why are the cardiff devils matches being charged £1 for parking in a car park that is free any other time of the day? i would also like to know where this money is going to and whether the council also know about this charging? i would like to know if the people carrying out the collecting have permission to do so. i would also like to point out that last weekend at the swimming Gala the rink car park had plenty of people from the swimming pool parking in our car park for NO charge. i find this entirely profitiering from YOUR facility and i for one will no longer use the pool facilities until this is rectified

http://www.leisurecentre.com/centres/4/contact.aspx is the thread 029 2072 9090 phone number if anyone fancies having a go or just annoying the managment..... ;)

I wouldn't deliberately annoy the pool management, although it may seem tempting. I have a strong gut feeling that the guys collecting money on match nights are either nothing to do with the pool, or do work there and are just making a bit of extra money for themselves on the side while on their lunchbreaks or whatever.

If it is the pool management organising it all, let the council deal with it. However if my suspicions are true and they're not behind it, then I'd rather have the pool management on our side. It would hopefully make sorting this whole thing out a lot easier.

I talked with the one of the managers at the pool about this, and apparently it is an official thing.

They're looking at getting some ID badges for the staff sorted out as they're aware there is some confusion. (Some?!)

Whether the council are happy for them to charge for car parking is another matter. Especially as they seem to only charge when the Devils' are playing, and when the pool is closed. Still, I doubt the council will move that quickly.

Easy for it to escalate, and Planet Ice start charging £2 a car at any swimming events.

have spoken to john jones at the council and they had not got a clue that this was going on,it has been passed onto the people at the isv as they are in charge of the car park,so waiting for a response from them!