Taking it to another level with Cameron Hughes

tigertemme

Thread starter #1
call me a cynic, but is this dude really needed, 1000 plus devils fans in the tent on Halloween vs the blaze.... i dont think he is going to have too much to do.
Unless its a pure marketing ploy to get the devils mentioned in the same sentence as his previous clients (NHL, NBA ETC) then I cant see a point

osh

tigertemme said:
call me a cynic, but is this dude really needed, 1000 plus devils fans in the tent on Halloween vs the blaze.... i dont think he is going to have too much to do.
Unless its a pure marketing ploy to get the devils mentioned in the same sentence as his previous clients (NHL, NBA ETC) then I cant see a point
Ok, you're a cynic.

Ocko

Even if it isn't my taste I always have an outlook on these sort of things that it won't hurt to try. If half the fans like him then I'm sure the other half won't be offended. The club are just trying different things, they can't be knocked for that. You aren't forced to pay attention.

Sheincar

You mean the people who haven't worked out how to clap suddenly learned tonight because of the possibility of a free sweaty t shirt. If only they would do that every week even if no freebie on offer.

august04

Sheincar said:
Whereas I hope never to see him again.
What a terrible attitude.....I suspect given the crowd reaction in the BBT you are in the minority. Very rarely have I seen so many smiling faces in the BBT, young and old. He was thoroughly entertaining. I welcome the club doing something different like this, why not.

Sheincar

august04 said:
Sheincar said:
Whereas I hope never to see him again.
What a terrible attitude.....I suspect given the crowd reaction in the BBT you are in the minority. Very rarely have I seen so many smiling faces in the BBT, young and old. He was thoroughly entertaining. I welcome the club doing something different like this, why not.
Sorry you don't like my opinion. Seems we now have to be told when to clap too. I'd always thought we had a good atmosphere but it seems we needed to have a cheerleader.

More entertaining than what was happening in the ice for most the 2nd & 3rd period but can't say I was a fan.
I'd personally rather just watch some decent quality ice hockey but I can see why others enjoyed him. He was amusing (in very small doses).

DevilDom

I was sceptical before he came as i think siting in block 3 we are normally pretty good at creating our own atmosphere, however got to admit he was a bit of fun and good at what he does. As a one off gimmick I guess it was fine, however I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing. I also wonder at his cost coming all the way from Canada (flight, accommodation, fee, 1000 t-shirts) but that's for Todd to worry about.

As others have said get the on ice performance right and the crowd will look after themselves.

tigertemme

Thread starter #18
I heard somewhere around 2500 quid banded about, and the ex blaze and devils d man mark smith made to be his bitch for the night, smith didn't look too happy about it

He's was alright, had a quick chat with him, he's said he was enjoying and was impressed with the devils and the fans

Said we're much better than some Canadian crowds

august04

tigertemme said:
I heard somewhere around 2500 quid banded about, and the ex blaze and devils d man mark smith made to be his bitch for the night, smith didn't look too happy about it
Is Smith employed by the Devils now? If so, what's his role? Could be handy if we run into defensive injuries,