Taking it to another level with Cameron Hughes

Get over yourself sheincar. If people don't want to clap they don't have to clap. Who the hell do you think you are to tell people how to enjoy a game?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sheincar

danhall76 said:
Get over yourself sheincar. If people don't want to clap they don't have to clap. Who the hell do you think you are to tell people how to enjoy a game?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Who the hell are you to tell me to get over myself? People want to just sit quietly & enjoy the game that's fine. So why bring in a cheerleader to create atmosphere?

Ocko

Yes but why is that an issue? If the product on ice doesn't get fans into the game not everyone screams, shouts and cheers as a second nature. It doesn't make them any less of a fan. Cheering isn't a prerequisite to coming to a game.

Sheincar

Not saying anyone is more or less of a fan so please don't put those words into my mouth. Where I sit we have plenty of atmosphere game in, game out. I regard it as supporting my team whatever. I get that some people don't want to do that but confused as to why they will when someone is brought in from outside. Will they continue that next game if they're not told to?

jimmy snels

august04 said:
tigertemme said:
I heard somewhere around 2500 quid banded about, and the ex blaze and devils d man mark smith made to be his bitch for the night, smith didn't look too happy about it
Is Smith employed by the Devils now? If so, what's his role? Could be handy if we run into defensive injuries,

Id suggest a couple of d men are underperforming massively and a fully fit, motivated smith might be more than cover...

Sheincar

Devil94 said:
If he gets people involved in clapping and shouting that wouldn't normally do it, surely that can only be a good thing.
Will they do it next game when they're not being told to? If yes, then worthwhile; if not then what was the point?

august04

Sheincar said:
Devil94 said:
If he gets people involved in clapping and shouting that wouldn't normally do it, surely that can only be a good thing.
Will they do it next game when they're not being told to? If yes, then worthwhile; if not then what was the point?
Who cares? It was a bit of fun on the night. Lighten up....

ASHIPP

Wow. Cam is a bit of a nutcase but he got results. Was is he living on? Adrenhaline? The guy worked his socks off getting the quieter blocks joining in. A lot of people were smiling and having fun. Got to love the North American enthusiasm and zest for life.
Anything like that sits uncomfortably with us reserved Brits. Other rinks could benefit from this. Is this a phenomenon that will catch on?

Milky

august04 said:
Sheincar said:
Devil94 said:
Who cares? It was a bit of fun on the night. Lighten up....
Yes to that!

It was something a bit different and it looked like it worked. On the whole everyone seemed to be positive about it but it was a one off so time to move on.

Besides, there's equally important things to debate on here like Taz looking like a strawberry apparently............ :DWD

Gazza272

Sheincar said:
So they'll clap when they're told to?

It was more there was a focal point though wasn't it?

A lot of the time a block will start a chant but it doesnt carry in time and then the drummers can sometimes be slightly out of sync. It's no ones fault it's just the acoustics.

Yet when you have someone very visable for everyone to be in time with as he does it progressively it seemed to garner a better noise. At least it seemed to through my headphones!

pjj365

Gazza272 said:
Sheincar said:
So they'll clap when they're told to?

It was more there was a focal point though wasn't it?

A lot of the time a block will start a chant but it doesnt carry in time and then the drummers can sometimes be slightly out of sync. It's no ones fault it's just the acoustics.

Yet when you have someone very visable for everyone to be in time with as he does it progressively it seemed to garner a better noise. At least it seemed to through my headphones!
An interesting and I think valid point

Being a reserved Brit it was not really my cup of tea but I thoroughly enjoyed him

ASHIPP said:
Wow. Cam is a bit of a nutcase but he got results. Was is he living on? Adrenhaline? The guy worked his socks off getting the quieter blocks joining in. A lot of people were smiling and having fun. Got to love the North American enthusiasm and zest for life.
Anything like that sits uncomfortably with us reserved Brits. Other rinks could benefit from this. Is this a phenomenon that will catch on?
He has visited Belfast twice before, obviously Todd Kelman decided that getting him to Cardiff was the thing to do.
The fella is wired to the moon, non stop shouting and chanting..,..quite entertaining and does what it says on the tin.
Enjoyed it initially but it becomes annoying after a hour, and that was in a larger building than the BBT, so I'm not surprised it wasn't to some fans taste.
He does this all over the world at numerous sporting events, he even got Novak Djocovic dancing at the US open tennis one year.