The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Dan

what station is this on? espn america? or has c5 got the game tonight, be interesting to see us going up against the bruins big defence, as you said, should be a real physical battle.

Great recovery and a great win over an unstoppable team yesterday. Good to have a little revenge over the bruins, and WTF!? was up with the stars beating the rangers 10-2? :lol:
Talk of the NHL right now is that the rangers are looking to bring that joker avery back

didnt know whether to laugh or cry at the rangers stars game. got 2 mates from work who are rangers fans and both were in shock when I told them the result xD gotta love the 3 goals in 70 seconds routine. glad turks is finding his form again, he playin awesome at the moment and offense is doing the rest :mrgreen: im one happy stars fan atm

TheStub

I think the Bruins are looking too good to rule out of the Cup. They have just been so consistent - throughout the entire team.

But, the NJ Devils have finally found a great piece of steady form. Here's hoping they can keep it going.

I've broken my leg, so have currently got myself a two NHL match a day habit.

The Bruins are look great they have had Bergeron and Kessell out a lot this year and they still find the ways to win big games, Thomas has been awsome in net for Bruins, and i would not count them out for the cup

TheStub

Watching (the apparently insane) amount of hockey I have recently, I would favour the top three teams in the East over the West.

The West teams seem to be doing well by star effort. Sexy plays with fancy goals - with the possible exception of the Sharks.

But the sheer work ethic I have seen coming from the Bruins, Capitals and particularly the Devils, they have to be favourites. These teams have the top class All Star players - but they work hard, and play together. They get the nice goals, but they get plenty of ugly goals. Also, they are able to find those equalising or winning goals in the dying seconds. That is why Bruins and Devils have managed to ride out their injury crisis. They have four lines who work hard for them every night.

Although, with Crosby back - I wouldn't rule out the Penguins yet (if they actually qualify). If only they would replace the sieve with an actual defence, they may start winning consistently. They have Crosby AND Malkin ffs!!

TheStub

I download them. Found a good site - but I wont post the link, as I'm not sure what the policy is.

Don't think it is harming anyone, I wouldn't be able to see the matches I watch in this country, no matter how much I spend. At the moment I am watching easily 2 matches a day, 3 today (although one was an Elite League)...plus NHL on the Fly most days.

I can feel the hockey sloshing in my head.

Chris

Administrator
Feel free to post the link, we should be ok :)

If anything does come up, i'll just remove the link but i'll give you a pm then anyway.

Chris.

TheStub

http://www.nhltorrents.co.uk

Have most the matches within a few hours of being played. You will need a bit torrent client to download the files (I can provide an into to bit torrents if needed) - but the rates are fairly fast.

It is a private tracker site, and enforces ratio from all the members. So you have to sign up, and upload (seed) as well as download (leech). Don't worry if you can't upload as much as you download, they give you a bonus for every hour you seed, which you can trade for GB of upload. So, just keep at least one file always seeding when you are online, and the hours soon rack up.

If you don't have a team, and just want to get into what is happening with the league, I suggest downloading the NHL On The Fly programs. This is a bit like match of the day, and will give you a good overview about how the teams are playing, and what the standings are like.

Also, in the forum there is a thread where they post a game of the day. That is often worth checking out and nabbing - see some excellent matches that way.

i just watch it on ESPN america (was nasn) and setanta ireland whenever they show hockey, also watch nhl on the fly when i can on ESPN america.
Good to see we've continued our dominance over the thrashers even with richie and upshall out. It seems briere has returned to training but how many times this season have we said that? I certainly think the top 6 of the eastern conference are stronger than the top 6 of the western, and the atlantic division is a great scrap!
Also have to mention how amazing mike green is playing now and was extremely unlucky not to play in the all-star game, pretty much shows the downfall to fan-voting.

TheStub

I'm just glad that the Devils are hitting form. That win over the rangers was a joy to see.

What is really nice about the Devils team, there are no real stand out stars. Yes, they have their big guys, but they are winning through real team efforts. 4 lines doing a big job, and winning matches. It says something when you get such a spread of goals and points through the team. Against the Rangers, six different Devils got points on the first two goals.

I wonder if we should be sending these matches to the Cardiff Devils. It is the brand of hockey I have seen them play plenty of time - and what we should be doing to win games.

TheStub

Parise is their star, but looking at the stats. The depth in the scoring is amazing.

The goals are coming from all the lines. They are solid on the defence, and great in the transition game. Hopefully it will last!

I'd much rather that than the Penguins, who have one line who keeps them in there. Without Malkin and Crosby, I'd dread to think where they would be.

Flyers vs Rangers on ESPN america at 5:30 pm later!
cant wait, should be a good physical game between 2 teams that hate eachother, and our thrashing over the islanders last night will help a bit.
guaranteed cote and asham will have their daily routine punch-ups :D

EDIT:
well, is was a pretty pants game but i cant complain with the result and score :D
very unlike a flyers vs rangers game, quiet and low tempo.
well done too richie with his 5th shorthanded goal and it was a 5 on 3!

MikeRichards18 said:
Flyers vs Rangers on ESPN america at 5:30 pm later!
cant wait, should be a good physical game between 2 teams that hate eachother, and our thrashing over the islanders last night will help a bit.
guaranteed cote and asham will have their daily routine punch-ups :D

EDIT:
well, is was a pretty pants game but i cant complain with the result and score :D
very unlike a flyers vs rangers game, quiet and low tempo.
well done too richie with his 5th shorthanded goal and it was a 5 on 3!

i missed the game forgot it was on :lol:

TheStub

It's a bit late to be changing coaches - they needed to be bringing in some more defensive players.

This season, Pens have really poor - and that lays with the players. They have one big offensive line, and they rely on them to score more than the other team.

A shake up in the lines, and better defence needed. Not sure a new coach will do the trick now though.

Thread starter #80
The Pens have finally sacked Michel Therrien! It's about time we tried to kick start some life in to our season. Still going nowhere in the play-off's with the lack of scoring depth in our wingers.

Aslo Mike Green broke an NHL scoring record on Saturday for most goals scored in consecutive games by a Dman. I was lucky enough to be at the game; the Bolts were just woeful for most of the game and the Caps won at a canter. Even if Ovechkin did miss an open net on a 2 on 0 breakaway.