The Red Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to bump this old thread, but with there being a few cdsl members on here im just wondering if one of them could explain why their committee appear to be doing their best to not support this anymore?

CDSL has been mostly useless for the past few seasons, now the club is trying to unite the key stakeholders and move forwards, you've all got wound up and are now not attending meetings and actively trying to disrupt the planned events for this offseason.

Things are continuing to go well off the ice, the team is shaping up nicely. So whats the matter with you CDSL?

Earnie

RASC, CDSL committee and members, Red Army - I thought it was now all the same as one big 'happy' family?
I don't see the point and question the accuracy of the remark about CDSL committee ?

RASC, CDSL committee and members, Red Army - I thought it was now all the same as one big 'happy' family? I don't see the point and question the accuracy of the remark about CDSL committee ?
Well you thought wrong. The key stakeholders, those representing the groups of fans were asked to come together, and therefore work together to help the club move forwards off the ice. For the first few meetings this worked well.

4 members of the CDSL committee were involved in this at first, 3 of these are now refusing to attend meetings and furthermore some of them are actively trying to disrupt or even stop the 'family fun day' event. It seems this is because they've not been leading the event and are angry that their ineptitude has been realised and people are now working together without them.

But it doesn't help the club when the official supporters club now refuse to work with the club and the other off ice groups towards making events everyone can attend and are actually publicised well in advance.

Earnie

DevilsPete said:
RASC, CDSL committee and members, Red Army - I thought it was now all the same as one big 'happy' family? I don't see the point and question the accuracy of the remark about CDSL committee ?
Well you thought wrong. The key stakeholders, those representing the groups of fans were asked to come together, and therefore work together to help the club move forwards off the ice. For the first few meetings this worked well.

4 members of the CDSL committee were involved in this at first, 3 of these are now refusing to attend meetings and furthermore some of them are actively trying to disrupt or even stop the 'family fun day' event. It seems this is because they've not been leading the event and are angry that their ineptitude has been realised and people are now working together without them.

But it doesn't help the club when the official supporters club now refuse to work with the club and the other off ice groups towards making events everyone can attend and are actually publicised well in advance.

Well,that's news to me. We need to get together surely?

Is this the CDSL / RASC that the Devils IP rights were transferred to?
Did that ever happen?
So if the official supporters club now refuse to work with the club, what are they official supporters of? :?

Let me dispel this myth immediately because nothing could be further from the truth..

The Red Army Supporters Club have always actively encouraged, supported the creation of the Stakerholders forum and since its formation have continued to support it..

Everyone involved with the supporters club totally refute the allegation, claim that they were “..actively trying to disrupt or even stop the ‘family fun day event’ ” Because in truth all they did was express their legitimate concerns about certain key aspects of the event which have now been addressed. End of story.

Members of the supporters club have played an active part in the formation of the Stakeholders group and were involved in it aims and objectives, in summary to act like an umbrella organisation where all interested and independent parties i.e. Red Army Travel, Inferno and the supporters club etc could meet and share mutual support, aims and objectives with the Cardiff Devils organisation.

And with this in mind the supporters club will look to continue to work together with all those parties involved in the Stakeholders group for the greater good of the team.

I don't think I can add too much more to Andrew's post above (but I probably will because I can talk for Wales).

Just to give some background, the Red Army Stakeholders Group how now met 4 times. Much like what is currently happening on the ice, being involved in the Stakeholder Group has been a very positive experience - with lots of good ideas and expertise being shared which should become more visible very shortly.

Members of the Supporters Club (representing the Supporters Club as a whole) have played an active part in these meetings - and their contribution as a stakeholder is much valued.

As has been the nature of all meetings to date, much passionate discussion has taken place. Over the last few days this has been in reference to delivering the best possible event on the 26th May. Legitimate points of concern were raised by a number of parties which correctly needed to be referenced - and these were addressed in a meeting held last night.

I would just say (and this applies to all of us that have participated in the Stakeholder Group) that passionate discussion and passionate people has led to some differences of opinion. This has been absolutely beneficial for the group because not only does it shown a huge level of enthusiasm for the club - but it has allowed us to more clearly define/refine our roles and responsibilities.

I can confirm that everyone that I have dealt with so far is on exactly the same page in that we only want what is best for the Cardiff Devils - and we are all desperate to play our role in ensuring that this potentially very exciting new era for the club is as successful as it possibly can be.

Cheers,

John Donovan

Current* Chairman of the Red Army Stakeholders Group
*(until the rest of the group realise the mistake they've made!)

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #31
And on that note, i'm going to lock this topic.

In a couple of weeks when my exams are over I might think about unlocking it, but Johns post above seems to answer the initial query :)

Status
Not open for further replies.