This team

The_Stick_

Just look back at what happened to Skalde last yr, why be different to Dupont.
Difference is last season we had a ready made replacement in DuPont. It’s well known DuPont and Horn are a package and they would go together. Franny has another job outside hockey so he wouldn’t be able to take the full time coaching reigns. There is also absolutely no way a new coach could then be found in time for playoffs

Earnie

Two good articles in the Belfast Telegraph/sports/Belfast Giants by Garside and Keefe regarding what they did this season to correct a malfunctioning team. For one there were seven changes of imports from November to February.

E.D.S.

Two good articles in the Belfast Telegraph/sports/Belfast Giants by Garside and Keefe regarding what they did this season to correct a malfunctioning team. For one there were seven changes of imports from November to February.
Impossible. There weren't any suitable imports available apparently.

listening to the Neil Francis interview from 2 Ales and Hockey tales, this is what points came to mind .

1. Brodie Dupont is on a yearly contract
2. Neil Francis saying this team has fallen short this year
3. winning the league is more important
4. Hopes Dupont has a chance for Next Year and will be unfair if he doesn't
5. Had a bit if critisism of the fans with their behaviour towards the coach

E.D.S.

Good for him sticking by the coach. He has no choice. We have the choice and the criticism in most parts is very valid. Borefest this year, woeful PP, unsettled lines, slow starts, lack of organisation and just bang average really. Someone has to take the rap for that. Falls at the coaches door in my book.

Earnie

With better recruitment next season DuPont, with one year experience under his belt, might be able to do something with them. Just saying…….
Not so sure about his sidekick unless someone can explain exactly what he achieves?

lloyd_jeff

Difference is last season we had a ready made replacement in DuPont. It’s well known DuPont and Horn are a package and they would go together. Franny has another job outside hockey so he wouldn’t be able to take the full time coaching reigns. There is also absolutely no way a new coach could then be found in time for playoffs
I‘d get Katrina a whistle and do the weekday drills, come game night Fran is all you need, let’s be honest it wouldn’t be worse than currently.

moggy#9

With better recruitment next season DuPont, with one year experience under his belt, might be able to do something with them. Just saying…….
Not so sure about his sidekick unless someone can explain exactly what he achieves?
Lol. To be honest I think he could have Connor mcdavid on the team and wouldn't know what to do with him.

august04 2.0

listening to the Neil Francis interview from 2 Ales and Hockey tales, this is what points came to mind .

1. Brodie Dupont is on a yearly contract
2. Neil Francis saying this team has fallen short this year
3. winning the league is more important
4. Hopes Dupont has a chance for Next Year and will be unfair if he doesn't
5. Had a bit if critisism of the fans with their behaviour towards the coach
Coaches are not always involved in recruitment. So, if the team has fallen short and DuPont wasn’t totally involved in who to have back this year, then whoever was involved in the recruitment (Owners, management, Franny? etc), got it wrong by his own admission. A good coach gets the best out of what he has at his disposal though - I don’t think we can say that about DuPont by any stretch of the imagination. This team has talented players but has arguably got worse as the season has progressed, with special teams in particular an absolute embarrassment and man management questionable at best given the lack of effort/consistency seen on a regular basis. He can dress it up all he likes, it’s time for change behind the bench.

kingmo19.1

Both the recruitment and coaching has been off, however, we’ll never know if a different coach would have got more out of our bunch of misfits.

I get the impression they will stick with DuPont for another season. If he fails it’s then a more easy-out for those that appointed him than admit it right now - we had to give a young coach time etc etc.

With Skalde previously not being successful I doubt they’ll gas DuPont yet as they are then technically admitting they’ve failed again in appointing the right man.

Likely to turn into a test of patience between the fans and the powers that be with the only winner (in a very strange sense) being DuPont himself!

moggy#9

If there were one area off the team that could be held up as a success under Dupont I might be more charitable towards him, and see an argument for him getting more time. Unfortunately this team has under performed in every area. When we won the play offs last season I argued that the team was just carrying on skalde's systems, and we hadn't actually seen anything of Dupont's approach. Now we have, and frankly it sucks.

Now, there's enough blame to share around. Todd and franny must accept that signing players on reputation alone simply doesn't work. Similarly, it was unfair on Dupont to put him in the position that they did.

lloyd_jeff

Should’ve been Skalde‘s second yr, with Carruth in net, we’d be contenders for everything, in fact, the glimpses of what the team can do appeared when Todd went skiing. Simple fact is, it’s not the coaches, the stroppy players, it’s the guy who thinks he’s chocolate sauce on every desert, it’s Todd, Mr Do it my way or 88k8 off. Sorry l know l keep banging on about it, until he steps back and believes in those he employee, there won’t be change.

Diablo3

Should’ve been Skalde‘s second yr, with Carruth in net, we’d be contenders for everything, in fact, the glimpses of what the team can do appeared when Todd went skiing. Simple fact is, it’s not the coaches, the stroppy players, it’s the guy who thinks he’s chocolate sauce on every desert, it’s Todd, Mr Do it my way or 88k8 off. Sorry l know l keep banging on about it, until he steps back and believes in those he employee, there won’t be change.
Complete twaddle. You are clearly not a Devils fan and just like to wind people up (including me)