Ticket prices

DevilDom

Seems to me like PR is supporting G with the team he has been able to recruit so I think its up to us to show some support back. If that means paying a couple quid more than normal to watch a friendly then i'm happy to do that.

I even had a call from PR today asking me if I was renewing my season ticket (i've already done it)!

jimmy snels

DevilDom said:
Seems to me like PR is supporting G with the team he has been able to recruit so I think its up to us to show some support back. If that means paying a couple quid more than normal to watch a friendly then i'm happy to do that.

I even had a call from PR today asking me if I was renewing my season ticket (i've already done it)!
agreed i also like that Paul rang you. as i suggested on a previous page i think this is a nice touch. i don't mind paying slightly more as long as the product is good. the problem is we play in a plastic tent with rubbish sight lines (i stand so unaffected) but casual fans might b put off if it gets much higher. the little things can make the world of difference to fans. i remember taking a friend to a game that brad was banned for. brad sat a short distance away and said hello to everyone. my friend was amazed our star player came n sat by us and was so nice. cost nothing but really impressed a newbe

Ger-Devils said:
jester said:
Who is the dearest btw?
Braehead for Adults in their Gold section £18
Panthers for Adults in their Gold section £17.50
Thanks Ger, dosent suprise me that those two are the most expensive but not by much

"Can i just say this attendance wise we are anywhere between a 4th -6th team, we dont charge the most in the league and we dont have the richest owner in the league, and yet we all want to be the number 1 team in the league. Now myself i dont believe in the Tooth fairy, and Santa only exists in my house when i dress up, so where does that leave us. Our prices to see a top competitive team are very very realistic believe me, dont forget the old very true saying about if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, this club will only survive and stay a top team if we all pull together, and we are renowned for that. Best City in the UK no sweat, Best fans in the league no sweat, Best club in the league no sweat, but it comes at a cost folks and thats where we come in, we are fans of the best friggin club of the lot, but aint the dearest so for me thats fine.
Can i just say this attendance wise we are anywhere between a 4th -6th team, we dont charge the most in the league and we dont have the richest owner in the league, and yet we all want to be the number 1 team in the league. Now myself i dont believe in the Tooth fairy, and Santa only exists in my house when i dress up, so where does that leave us. Our prices to see a top competitive team are very very realistic believe me, dont forget the old very true saying about if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, this club will only survive and stay a top team if we all pull together, and we are renowned for that. Best City in the UK no sweat, Best fans in the league no sweat, Best club in the league no sweat, but it comes at a cost folks and thats where we come in, we are fans of the best friggin club of the lot, but aint the dearest so for me thats fine"

Funniest most contradictory post i've ever read, however made me laugh. Thanks for starting my day off with a smile :lol:

Wannabe2 said:
Its worth the extra to be a member of the Red Army. ;)
Not really. I don't fancy paying £17 to see a Southern team for the 4th (or 5th/6th/7th inc CC and challenge games) time and don't fancy paying that to see any of the Northern teams apart from Clan. Will probably just get a flex ticket and go to 6 or possibly 12 games. Must be a few fans that think the same.

Paul Sullivan

pj_blaze said:
Wannabe2 said:
Its worth the extra to be a member of the Red Army. ;)
Not really. I don't fancy paying £17 to see a Southern team for the 4th (or 5th/6th/7th inc CC and challenge games) time and don't fancy paying that to see any of the Northern teams apart from Clan. Will probably just get a flex ticket and go to 6 or possibly 12 games. Must be a few fans that think the same.
So the '6 for the price of 5' Flex deal is perfect for you then PJ? £14.16 per game (cheaper than the pre-hike price) and you can even buy them in multiples to achieve exactly the number of games you want to attend.

It's like a bespoke ticket package :lol:

pj_blaze said:
Ger-Devils said:
jester said:
Who is the dearest btw?
Braehead for Adults in their Gold section £18
Panthers for Adults in their Gold section £17.50
But you could also choose to buy bronze or silver tickets which are both cheaper than devils
But the petrol for me to get to any of these would far out way any ticket reduction. :p

We haven't renewed 2 of our 4 season tickets but one of us will probably utilise a flexticket or two. Cost wasn't an issue with us we are just a bit disillusioned with the sport in general. I have wondered though, if the attendances are not at the numbers required,
A. Will Mr. Ragan drop an import or two leaving us with the rumoured 9?
B. Will the ticket prices then go back down?
I believe the answers are yes and no in that order. I hope I am as wrong as the mayor of wrongtown on national wrong day but only time will tell.

Wannabe2

Gingers Husband said:
We haven't renewed 2 of our 4 season tickets but one of us will probably utilise a flexticket or two. Cost wasn't an issue with us we are just a bit disillusioned with the sport in general. I have wondered though, if the attendances are not at the numbers required,
A. Will Mr. Ragan drop an import or two leaving us with the rumoured 9?
B. Will the ticket prices then go back down?
I believe the answers are yes and no in that order. I hope I am as wrong as the mayor of wrongtown on national wrong day but only time will tell.
Quick question what exactly has disillusioned you from last season to this.

I think whatever the quality of imports our price of tickets, if the crowd numbers are lower than forecast import numbers woukd have to be cut. If your outgoings are greater than your income cutbacks have to be made, especially in a minority sport like ours.

Ragan has tweeted that we're only four season tickets from 650 and almost at 800 if you include corporate.

Wannabe2 said:
If I could put my finger on one thing Glynne I could probably get over it. Unfortunately, it's a mix of everything that appears wrong with the sport in this country and our league in particular, the egos within our own club that believe they are bigger than the club and are somehow worthy of more than the average fan because they have been going for X amount of years or are best mates with X player or have inside information on everything from signings to who has the darkest poo on the team. I just don't enjoy it anymore, in fact it's only mentalists like yourself and the prospect of a few weekends away with said mentalists that have got me interested at all this year.

Wannabe2

Gingers Husband said:
Wannabe2 said:
If I could put my finger on one thing Glynne I could probably get over it. Unfortunately, it's a mix of everything that appears wrong with the sport in this country and our league in particular, the egos within our own club that believe they are bigger than the club and are somehow worthy of more than the average fan because they have been going for X amount of years or are best mates with X player or have inside information on everything from signings to who has the darkest poo on the team. I just don't enjoy it anymore, in fact it's only mentalists like yourself and the prospect of a few weekends away with said mentalists that have got me interested at all this year.
Thats a great great shame, because its fans like you that this club cant do without and thats a fact. I truelly believe that it is best to put the crap in one box and concentrate on the hockey. I have a saying and believe in it that the closer you become to a club the less you enjoy the sport, myself i can seperate the two, fortunately for me, due the fact i point blankely refuse to let anything or anyone spoil my pleasure of the greatest sport on the planet, now we aint all the same and thats a good thing, but this great club cant afford one iota to lose people like your good self, and i would be one happy bunny if there was any chance of you having a re-think, the club is only as good as the people that follow it, and that really is a fact of life.
HOPEFULLY HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. ;)

voth26

DevilDom said:

Good point you made there DD, we are always banging on that pr needs to give G the money to allow him to sign quality imports, by the look of this years team he's done that so now as you say IT'S UP TO US FANS to play OUR part and turn up game in game out, the increase is £1!!!! and before i get flamed I travel from aberdare and bring 2 adults and a hockey mad grandson!!!.

I travel from Cwmbran and i dont think it matter where you travel from to watch you team play.

There was nothing wrong with last years prices and im a firm beliver that if we kept the prices the same with this season and this years team we would increase crowd numbers and the income.

No groupon deals just should have kept last seasons prices.
Ive not bought a season ticket since our second season in the big blue tent but i had one for many many years in the WNIR. The reason for me not buying them anymore is that i cant make any mid week games and sometime miss the odd weekend game so it wasnt cost effective for me anymore.

Remember the good old days of £300 for a season ticket and im sure our attendances were higher with those prices :)

Who know but if we start the season well and we have some good PR over the radio and new channels i think our attendances will rise to where they need to be.

I just hope that when we get our new rink we dont increase the tickets again and become to costly for a good family night out