Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

mjh

From what has been announced this evening, it looks as if hockey is safe, for now. Players getting positive tests is more of a threat at the mo. Turns out the stuff last night was bogus (great word). More details tomorrow. Happy Christmas all.

Kevlar68

This morning headlines: on Wales news -

2m distancing in offices
Nightclubs closing
Extra measures put in place for public businesses
Household mixing limited

From 27th Dec

Last edited:

Milky

Why should we do what boris and muppets say after their antics last Xmas...throwing a party when we were all in lockdown. And 600 people died that day with covid.
It will have nothing to do with Boris. It’s the clown Drakeford that’s running the Assembly that is enforcing the restrictions in Wales.
He says he’s not politicising Covid yet his actions of clearly having to go further than whatever Westminster do would clearly indicate otherwise.

matbur

It will have nothing to do with Boris. It’s the clown Drakeford that’s running the Assembly that is enforcing the restrictions in Wales.
He says he’s not politicising Covid yet his actions of clearly having to go further than whatever Westminster do would clearly indicate otherwise.
Nothing personal to the poster, but can we keep this strictly hockey related because comments like this are misguided and aren't helpful.

august04 2.0

Nothing personal to the poster, but can we keep this strictly hockey related because comments like this are misguided and aren't helpful.
So you state that these comments are misguided and unhelpful but don’t want others to give an opinion?! That’s a bit rich. Our imminent future is related to the politics of the Senedd, whether you like it or not and Drakeford is running the Senedd and enforcing restrictions here. We've debated the rights and wrongs of that throughout the pandemic - what's so different now that you’re asking to be censored? I used to get worked up by it all, gone past caring now to be honest but people should be allowed to discuss whatever they want here.

Last edited:

Finny

So you state that these comments are misguided and unhelpful but don’t want others to give an opinion?! That’s a bit rich. Our imminent future is related to the politics of the Senedd, whether you like it or not and Drakeford is running the Senedd and enforcing restrictions here. We've debated the rights and wrongs of that throughout the pandemic - what's so different now that you’re asking to be censored? I used to get worked up by it all, gone past caring now to be honest but people should be allowed to discuss whatever they want here.
Of course people are allowed an opinion - but what was his opinion other than calling Drakeford silly names?

This thread and social media in general the last couple of days have shown that people's political bias means they will believe any nonsense if it allows them to have a dig at their political enemies.

In the end, nothing has changed for the Devils for this week. The Senedd Cabinet will be meeting on Monday to discuss Sports events, but that sounds more like outdoor ones.
We don't know yet how the changes from the 27th Dec will affect IAW. Hopefully an agreement can be made that allows us to keep games on.
My suggestion would be the introduction of vaccine passports and no food/drink to be permitted in the main arena so masks are worn at all times. Those exempt must present evidence when asked.

august04 2.0

Of course people are allowed an opinion - but what was his opinion other than calling Drakeford silly names?

This thread and social media in general the last couple of days have shown that people's political bias means they will believe any nonsense if it allows them to have a dig at their political enemies.

In the end, nothing has changed for the Devils for this week. The Senedd Cabinet will be meeting on Monday to discuss Sports events, but that sounds more like outdoor ones.
We don't know yet how the changes from the 27th Dec will affect IAW. Hopefully an agreement can be made that allows us to keep games on.
My suggestion would be the introduction of vaccine passports and no food/drink to be permitted in the main arena so masks are worn at all times. Those exempt must present evidence when asked.
If he wants to call Drakeford silly names, that’s his choice but it was also commented that Covid was being politicised so not just about name calling! But then your main contributions to this forum this year have been to defend Welsh Labour so it’s not surprising that you interjected here too. It's not for others to say what's allowed and what’s not, unless it’s the moderators!
Agree with your suggestion though - which should have been implemented before now in my opinion too.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Here is a picture guide of the omicron symptoms which are the same as the flu or early first variant covid or even a common cold, so no help at all really :D

51880783-0-image-a-2_1639670532552.jpg

Gospel

Difficulty is that the league covers 4 countries. All are at different places right now with Covid/restrictions but if there are restrictions in ANY of the 4 countries it wont be good for the league.

Doesnt matter which one imposes it first.

terry hunt

I agree with you Finny this is a hockey forum.It is not a vehicle for english immigrants to support the most incompetent and corrupt prime minister in living memory

Kevlar68

I'd prefer if politics was left out if it all together and let the medical experts decide the covid rules, they know more about it then any politician, conspiracy theorist, fakebook member or shitter user.

James

Administrator
I had to download a vaccine passport to go see Spider-man tonight. Its easy to see those rules being extended to the hockey. Would be a headache dealing with season ticket holders unable to attend though.