Trouble in Fife

Johnnybravo1927

Does having a drink thrown over you constitute an attack?
It certainly doesn't warrant being punched. What if a few punches had of
Caused concussion or something more serious? Would you say the same?
In the street of course he'd be arrested, for assault.
Violence is never the correct option.
So of somebody you didnt know threw a drink all over you, would you not lose your temper and retaliate? I know I would

Johnnybravo1927

I can't say I wouldn't, to be honest. But I shouldn't, nor should anyone. Not with violence.
Plus Nielsen is a professional sportsman.
Agreed and I wouldnt say he is completely innocent but he is only human and he made a mistake. Those fife fans are just as much to blame if not more in my humble opinion

KaneDevils

Agreed and I wouldnt say he is completely innocent but he is only human and he made a mistake. Those fife fans are just as much to blame if not more in my humble opinion
Yes without doubt, the fife fan needs a lengthy ban of some sort.
You can't have players punching fans though. I'd be amazed if that goes unpunished further.

Probably no point in this as opinions on what happened have already been formed.

Neilson was getting verbals after a shift, he squirted water into the stands which soaked a young girl. The guy then threw the dregs from his pint at Neilson at which point Neilson started punching the guy in his seat. He grabbed his face cage to try and get him to stop. At no point did the fan retaliate with his fists.

Then to cap it off, the fan involved won the 50/50!

Finny

Does having a drink thrown over you constitute an attack?
It certainly doesn't warrant being punched. What if a few punches had of
Caused concussion or something more serious? Would you say the same?
In the street of course he'd be arrested, for assault.
Violence is never the correct option.
How do you know the fan was punched?

I've not seen any video of it yet. Incredible though they Fife have no plexi separating the players bench to the fans.