Panthers v Devils - Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Russky

It is my opinion and a valid one, despite some very personal ridicule (bordering on flaming) from particular posters, I am standing by it. As I have said before one is able to formulate an opinion on something without having to'be there' or seen it for oneslf' . I wasn't at the assassination of JFK as it was before I was born but it doesn't stop me being able to formulate an opinion about it based on written documentation. Its no different in formulating an opinion from interpreting or 'reading between the lines' of what is posted on MNL. Doing so does not make it any the less a valid opinion.

As for lifting your netminder despite having already conceding an empty net goal is crazy to me. Has nobody heard of the expression 'damage limitation'?

Last edited:

Milky

MNL coverage is good enough and detailed enough for me to form a valid opinion, without the need of a wehcast.
And therein lies the problem.

No disprepect but nearly all of your posts have in them words to the effect of 'I wasn't at the game but according to what I've read on MNL I think.......'.

Every time we've lost you've heavily criticised the team and made cliched comments which is starting to become tedious. You have no idea about the context of what has happened in play and what has occurred off the puck.

So last night, we out shot the panthers by 38-26 and Wiikman had another good game against us. We were sloppy at the back at times and our passing was poor.

We were clearly tired from the weekend and were caught out way too often on the transition.

Am I disappointed? Yes.
Was I expecting it? Honestly I didn't have us winning there. Our record at Nottingham is poor.

But comments like ' we didn't crash the net enough' are pointless.

And therein lies the problem.

No disprepect but nearly all of your posts have in them words to the effect of 'I wasn't at the game but according to what I've read on MNL I think.......'.

Every time we've lost you've heavily criticised the team and made cliched comments which is starting to become tedious. You have no idea about the context of what has happened in play and what has occurred off the puck.

So last night, we out shot the panthers by 38-26 and Wiikman had another good game against us. We were sloppy at the back at times and our passing was poor.

We were clearly tired from the weekend and were caught out way too often on the transition.

Am I disappointed? Yes.
Was I expecting it? Honestly I didn't have us winning there. Our record at Nottingham is poor.

But comments like ' we didn't crash the net enough' are pointless.

Well said buddy!
We lost a game, Lords an idiot
We win, Lords great

All these armchair critics are ridiculous!!

Milky

As for lifting your netminder despite having already conceding an empty net goal is crazy to me. Has nobody heard of the expression 'damage limitation'?
Genuine question, what damage are you limiting when you are a few goals behind with only a couple of minutes left?

As someone else said, 0 points is 0 points.

KaneDevils

And there lies another problem.
Sheer frigging arrogance.

Russky doesn't get the opportunity to go to games or watch the webcast, does that mean he can't voice an opinion? He's a fan, just like the rest of us. If you disagree, fine, but there's no need to be bloody rude about it. The bloke gives up his time to host mnl, and he does it great, so ditch the belittling and the arrogance and give the guy a break.

Milky

Arrogance ...... What on earth are you talking about????

I was polite in my response and in no way rude in articulating my disagreement.

And what has his hosting of MNL got to do with anything? (well done to him for doing it though) Does that give him a licence to have views and comments that are deemed to be gospel that we can't disagree with?

Clearly from the responses from a number of different people in this thread I'm not alone in my disagreement with him.

KaneDevils

Arrogance ...... What on earth are you talking about????

I was polite in my response and in no way rude in articulating my disagreement.

And what has his hosting of MNL got to do with anything? (well done to him for doing it though) Does that give him a licence to have views and comments that are deemed to be gospel that we can't disagree with?

Clearly from the responses from a number of different people in this thread I'm not alone in my disagreement with him.
Did I say you personally? No.
James has posted about personal remarks, so somebody must of. just show a little more respect is my point. The arrogance being "I was at the game, therefor" .

#sigh

DevilDom

Did I say you personally? No.
James has posted about personal remarks, so somebody must of. just show a little more respect is my point. The arrogance being "I was at the game, therefor" .

#sigh
No arrogance, nor slating of Russky's opinion from me. Simply corrected the chronology of events and stated I enjoyed the never-say-die attitude.

Can I suggest if you are going to take exception to anything I say you have the balls to quote me or reply direct rather than sly little digs?

Wow. All 3 of the first Nottingham goals were pretty lucky.... Devils definitely not as bad as the score line suggested!

Even panthers first empty netter was pure luck!

and the Steelers... over 3000 Cardiff fans supporting two teams this weekend!
I forgot they were playing Sheffield this weekend too! Tough weekend for them. But if I had to pick one team for them to take 2 points from, it would be Sheffield at this point! Never thought I'd see myself hoping for a 4 point weekend for the Panthers o_O

kristian

We just need to win nothing anyone else can do will make difference then.

But another 8pt weekend would be very nice indeed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk