Recent content by Bedevilled

1. B

The Ghost of J.Pierce

I found the article amusing and pretty accurate. It seems to me that the skill players who aren't overly interested in other aspects of the game will shine up to a certain level and then disappear completely. They shine so long as they are playing at a level that allows their skills to come...
  2. B

Steelers v Devils - 03/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Steelers v Devils - 03/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat Having seen the game I would like to commend the guys on a really gutsy performance. We controlled large parts of the game and to do that against a very strong Steelers side on their ice is a great achievement. The game was exciting...
  3. B

Positive Suggestion

ridiculous idea ... it just says you don't trust G to coach the guys so you'll find a way of doing it instead. It's like parents paying their kids to score goals, turning them into selfish players. I hope the idea wasn't serious!
  4. B

Import players

There have been repeated comments on various threads about the imports not being interested or trying or similar terminology. However, with the exception of Pierce, who often struggles to concentrate or lacks intensity unless the puck is on the end of his stick or he sniffs a chance of a goal...
  5. B

Clan v Devils - 01/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

I agree that something needs to be done regarding the travelling as it was clear yesterday that we lacked the jump that we normally have at home. Fortunately Braehead, although only making the one trip before the game, seemed equally tired. Next week could be more costly against Sheffield. I'm...
  6. B

Steelers v Devils - 18/09 - 5:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Steelers v Devils - 18/09 - 5:00pm - League - Chat/Updat Saw the game last night. Steelers were no better than on Saturday but benefited from the bigger ice as they had more time to get passes away. Having said that I was surprised at the high number of turnovers by both sides. Devils were...
  7. B

2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Finners wind somebody up!? :lol:
  8. B

10 imports next season

I agree whole-heartedly with reducing the import limit to 10. This is a small reduction and, as has been said earlier, we've played some of our best hockey with 10 or less imports ... so why do some bang on about a reduction in quality! One more Brit ... even if not quite as good as the worst...
  9. B

PLAYOFF TICKET EXCHANGE THREAD

Thanks Ger-Devils!
  10. B

PLAYOFF TICKET EXCHANGE THREAD

I'm looking for one ticket for the weekend in Notts ... anybody got one? Could sort it at the tent on Sunday.