Recent content by Dickie Dunn

1. D

our jerseys

I'm confused, Isn't this the set that was auctioned off up at Nottingham?
  2. D

Devils v Giants - 15/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

If it was a direct quote, then why was it not explained. It's been a long hard day for sports fans here in Wales, frustrations are running high. oh well, not being too downhearted about it, but if it was meaning major upheaval on the ice and the coaching staff, as well as last weeks off ice...
  3. D

Devils v Giants - 15/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Re: Devils v Giants - 15/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Upd This has just added to confusion, what does it really mean. G moving on or player changes? bad wording & poor timing. would have preferred a little more clarity
  4. D

Pilot Devils Offers this Saturday!!

controversial. ........ I'm sure the MNL fees for a public house are at least £1.50
  5. D

Devils v Steelers - 17/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Steelers - 17/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updat And we seem to be returning the honour by leaving him as the header picture on our website :o
  6. D

Devils v Giants - 10/09 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

So we get an extremely unprofessional piece of PR aimed squarely at the league & officials, just like this time last year. The leagues dirty washing should not be aired in this manner by anyone contracted to work for the club. There is obviously no governance or leadership to control this type...
  7. D

Leaner Devils Organisation

I'm a little concerned as to who exactly this is aimed at. I'm presuming investors or money men. As in one paragraph he appears to alienate the whole basis of how Ice Hoceky has to operate in this country. The Cardiff Devils still have the exact same personnel working for them, albeit in a...
  8. D

What purpose does a Supporters Club have?

a "fan club" is a very outdated notion of a "tufty badge" and a monthly newsletter. modern communications methods have really rendered them useless. in fact using FB or twitter the actual target of the "club" can run their own engagement of fans very simply and efficiently the idea of an...
  9. D

Festival of Hockey - First Four Legends Announced

Is that due to the lack of PR or the standard of PR that we have? :shock:
  10. D

Do you think G should be on the ice

I think G is still very much a utility player for this league. He does make a few defensive goofs at times, but very much respected as a player and a coach by his peers because of finances you've asked a slightly academic question, but i think he still has a year or two left in him as a player...
  11. D

Pivotal week for the Cardiff Devils

Kipper These are the exact same questions and suspicions that were alluded to at the Fans Forum, yet none of them were answered. WHY? These are the questions and suspicions that have been scratched and surfacing on here since the news of Rink Corp going into administration. Yet no one has any...
  12. D

All the "panic the rink might close" threads combined

Re: Council Grow A Pair And Give P.I. The Boot? Genuine questions that I don't know the answers to are: Considering the the debt Rink Corp has accumulated, did they actually have finance to build a multi million pound arena? They are a £million down right now Would the council even look at...
  13. D

All the "panic the rink might close" threads combined

Re: Council Grow A Pair And Give P.I. The Boot? So we have the Devils administration playing politics with the season ticket money / holders And now we have Planet Ice playing politics with the staff livelyhoods. How many work in the building? inc cleaners & part time staff etc. What about...
  14. D

Liquidators Report of Rinkcorp

I disagree. We were competative last year. The team did do well. The on ice worked better than most had hoped for at the start of the season. Off ice though was a different matter. We as fans cannot blame the council for the owners' business model failing. Or PI or playing from a tent. If...
  15. D

Smith Confirms New Festival Pricing

I'd like to see it go ahead, but i can't see it selling out and raising that much money. it's a good idea, but timing, political situation and financials are going against it I also don't think there are now the ties between the clubs to be all cosy about pricing and sharing costs etc...