Search results

1. G

Time for Pope to be sacked??

Coaches have different strategies for period breaks,some will let the players do what they want for 5 minutes whilst he figures out what to say, others will talk 1on 1 with players regarding their roles and sometimes they leave it to the leaders in the room to sort out any issues. In sort just...
  2. G

Devils v Giants - 08/09 @ 18:15 - League - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Giants - 08/09 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates Looking to order this the webcast is it worth it re picture/stream capabilities. Also some queries regarding price is it £8 or £8 plus a bit extra? A comfortable win tonight for the Giants 5 0 against the Caps, hopefully gives us a...
  3. G

Doug Christiansen to Steelers

Doug didn't give the giants any notice just a phone call saying he was away, not beyond the realms that other coaches would do the same.
  4. G

Doug Christiansen to Steelers

Adams to Belfast? TK says he has been approached by former players and coaches from the Giants as well as coaches from the Elite league. Has Adams thrown his hat into the ring, the chance to work with an arena team must be very tempting ie new challenge, chance to win championships etc.
  5. G

Next Years Season Tickets

The Odyssey have taken control of the team and will dictate the player budget for next season, regarding ticket prices i believe the O took the rent from the ticket sales and the rest went to the Giants, now the Odyssey will take the lot plus game night merchandise food and drinks etc. As for...
  6. G

By way of comparison here is the Giants season tickets prices http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/s ... t-savings/ Seems a great offer and good incentives with early sign up, think i may take up the offer this year.
  7. G

The Belfast Giants offer the direct debit service and have done for a couple of seasons now http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/s ... next-week/ With the free kids promotion running longer than first thought some kids season ticket holders overpaid by a few quid, if we are now under control...
  8. G

Play-off qualifier match. Home game.

Not cockiness but the Devils have only won 4 Games since the start of the year, and they were all against Gardiner conference sides. Of course your injuries haven't helped but I don't think there would be many Devils fans that would have Whitley back as number 1 next year, also the Giants have...
  9. G

Play-off qualifier match. Home game.

So its in the Devils interest to beat the Panthers twice and hope Belfast win against Blaze and Steelers, if Panthers win the conference then the winner of the Gardiner conference will take 2nd seed pushing Giants into 3rd. Coventry V Steelers is set in stone as they can't change positions in...
  10. G

Danny Taylor

It depends at what age he left Britain at and how many years training he had. The same rule applies with Owen Nolan who left Northern Ireland as a child and received all his training overseas hence making him an import in the EIHL. I believe Nolan could apply for a british passport wich would...
  11. G

Giants v Devils - 14/12 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Decent enough game with Giants coming out on top. Hicks didn't call the hit and then 2 devils jumped Mason and Colbert got involved, after plenty of discussion he called him for 5 + match and penalties for roughing for the other players involved. Bissonette seemed to be riled easily tonight...
  12. G

New signing ?

The Giants will be doing a team signing tomorrow and selling merchandise so folks can get presents autographed etc, think some people have been misinformed or misread information giving out on twitter/facebook. The Giants have said they are looking to replace Fournier who may be out for 8 weeks...
  13. G

Fighting with your Helmet on

McMorrow was well known for removing his helmet and spinning it on the ice, he also always seemed to end up at centre ice though probably more for his own ego so he could celebrate afterwards. The Giants have yet to play the Blaze this season and Edinburgh also for that matter but Keefe and...
  14. G

We aren't very good!!!!!

I hear all this talk about moving into a new rink and how the Devils will become competitive, how do they plan on doing that in a new rink when they can't fill the one they have now? Is there hundreds of fans who don't turn up to the BBT who will for a new shiny arena, also running costs maybe...
  15. G

Giants v Devils - 13/10 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Looking forward to this game, the Giants will want to be going to Sheffield on Sunday with momentum so have no fear of them coasting tomorrow night. The Devils are more than capable of coming to the Odyssey and nicking a point or 2, if the Giants can stay out of the box then i think the Devils...
  16. G

Do we really need

Todd Kelman goes to the Odyssey management with the dates that he would like to play on, usually Friday and Saturday nights as these are the best nights for ice hockey in Belfast. The Odyssey will then go through the year and say "OK here's he dates you can have", now its almost certain that...
  17. G

2012/13 Confirmed Signings - All teams

Nottingham, Blaze, Devils and Hull i believe have finished, Steelers are going to start with 10 imports by all accounts and assess after a few games what they need. Belfast have 2 left to sign most likely 1 forward and 1 defenceman, the northern conference still have plenty of players left to...
  18. G

How do we stack up???

Think people don't give Murphy enough credit and instead say its because its the quality of our D in previous seasons, i certainly wouldn't'swap him for any other goalie in the league. Of course the fact that he is of import standard whilst being a brit is a double bonus and gives us that extra...
  19. G

2012/13 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

The D man above rumoured to the Giants was out for a long time as he had a nasty injury whilst playing hockey in Europe. He made a hit during a game and was unaware he had did some serious damage, he was doubled up in pain a few days later and went to hospital where they found he had ruptured...
  20. G

Next Seasons Shirts

All clubs have agreed to a new colour scheme for home games to try and add to the atmosphere and make it a focal point ie Red out the Rink. From memory Steelers: Orange Giants: Teal Panthers: Yellow/Gold Devils: Red ( i would presume ) Blaze: Blue ( in some sort) Giants away shirt will...