11th import to be announced tomorrow

BostonBart22

Sheincar said:
Under-whelmed. Can forgive him not fighting & not shooting as he was injured. Cannot forgive the number of times he gave the puck away. Smacks of Plan B to me.
would rather have tyson back than that waste of space milam with THAT rocket of a shot we didnt see :RAWK

BostonBart22 said:
Sheincar said:
Under-whelmed. Can forgive him not fighting & not shooting as he was injured. Cannot forgive the number of times he gave the puck away. Smacks of Plan B to me.
would rather have tyson back than that waste of space milam with THAT rocket of a shot we didnt see :RAWK
Dunno about that.....one nearly hit me at the back of Block 5 as I recall! :eek:

Nearest he got to a goal I think in the short time he was with us.

Saying that....I'm trying to recall which way he was shooting at the time :lol:

BostonBart22

Tyke Devil said:
BostonBart22 said:
Sheincar said:
Dunno about that.....one nearly hit me at the back of Block 5 as I recall! :eek:

Nearest he got to a goal I think in the short time he was with us.

Saying that....I'm trying to recall which way he was shooting at the time :lol:
Is that the puck i found in toys r us car park :lol:

Sheincar

BostonBart22 said:
Sheincar said:
Wouldn't argue with that but would have preferred to wait a little longer.

Slartibartfast

I thought defensively he was a very good player. He took the body really well and took forwards out of the way. However at least once a game he would pass the puck to the opposition. If he can get his passing sorted out he can be an asset for us.

All in all a good signing. Had an iffy mid season with mis passes. Buuuut I think he was playing as a d enforcer even so he got 6 goals. This season we have alot of enforcers that will take the load off marsh who will probably end up dropping them anyway. My prediction is he will have more goals amd points and be a better d for it

Have Hope#35

He was 15th in the league for points scored last season as a D'man... That isn't bad considering his injury and the teams injury woes! I fully expect him to be in the Top 10, maybe 5 if he stays fit this season.
Welcome back Tyson!!!

Gazza272

I think Mike Hartwick is a name I would throw into the mix here.

A guy who didnt pull up many trees in his first season but really grew in the second knowing fully what was expected of him and had adjusted to the grinds of playing many minutes in the league.

Marsh was no where near being a terrible player, and as Finny rightfully said he has a bag of ECHL and AHL experience.

With a lesser role this year I feel he will flourish as some pressure will be taken off. Good signing for me.

Paul Sullivan

I liked Mike of the million dollar smile. Great guy and very hard worker.

However in skill and ability to produce, comparing Marsh to Hartwick is like comparing Matt Myers to Matt Towe

Gazza272

Paul Sullivan said:
I liked Mike of the million dollar smile. Great guy and very hard worker.

However in skill and ability to produce, comparing Marsh to Hartwick is like comparing Matt Myers to Matt Towe

I wasn't comparing their skill levels.

I was just pointing out how much of an improvement there was in Hartwick from season 1 to season 2 and how we should give Tyson that opportunity.

Finny

I've been trying to think all day of a player who played for us a couple of years back. He didn't impress many fans in his first season but then shone in his second.

Or maybe I imagined it?

Finny said:
I've been trying to think all day of a player who played for us a couple of years back. He didn't impress many fans in his first season but then shone in his second.

Or maybe I imagined it?
Ben Davies? :? :D

Finny

Sheincar said:
BostonBart22 said:
Sheincar said:
Wouldn't argue with that but would have preferred to wait a little longer.
But then we would have people complaining that we had started the season an import short.

To be honest, unless we waited until October I doubt any further players would become available.

Wannabe2

Finny said:
Tyke Devil said:
Finny said:

Or maybe I imagined it?
No.

Maybe Prpich?
Mike only played 7 games in his first season for us,he was a player we should never have released, bad move me-thinks.

voth26

Taking the positives of tyson re-signing when he's on his game he's as good as anyone, he can score and he has a decent shot on him from the blueline, he will drop the mitts ala olson cross checking deeds from behind marsh was straight in. he's here,the devils have a full rosta, G and Franny must think he can do the job otherwise they wouldnt have brought him back even if it was plan z!!!!

Wannabe2 said:
Finny said:
Tyke Devil said:
Finny said:

Or maybe I imagined it?
No.

Maybe Prpich?
Mike only played 7 games in his first season for us,he was a player we should never have released, bad move me-thinks.
Prpich was a good find by Devils. Was hoping we'd see him again.

Koop11

Defensively Marsh is reliable. He breaks up the play as good as Weller did. Where he then seemed to let himself down was the turnovers, sometimes on the same play he had won the puck. Those plays did cost us some goals.

He fought two of the top dogs last year and won both bouts on points IMO. His toughness is unquestionable. I think however we would have liked to have seen it more last year, especially with the soft approach the team adopted. The fact he was on the ice when Faulkner got injured and did nothing was disappointing to say the least. Having said that, I know he struggled with a shoulder injury.

A fully fit Marsh who can concentrate on his offensive game in a team with plenty of toughness could be a master stroke. Welcome back Tyson. Hope this signing works well for everyone.

zoesdevil

I think he's a good re-signing for the Devils but lets just leave all the judging until the season has started and he has played a few games first, not put him down before the season has even started!! I hope he proves all the doubters wrong!!