16/17 jersey

august04

What's the betting on a signing announcement of a tough guy in next couple of days to placate the masses after this jersey fiasco?!

Thread starter #23
ASHIPP said:
ASHIPP said:
Panthers, Flyers and Stars have all done the NHL 3rd jersey retro look.

Takes a bit of getting used to but Club needed something striking for important milestone year. Like the homage to our hockey history and Welsh heritage.

And they will still be the best quality jerseys in the league.
:D
P.s. No obvious reference to 30 years.....perhaps that could have been included underneath the writing on the jersey front?

The 30 year logo is on the shoulder.

I am really not sure about them though I quite like the red one but would prefer the logo on the front.

Also I may have read the article wrong but I have read it that we have 4 jerseys this year as it says the black and white jersey have Cardiff written across the front. Does anyone else read it that way?

d20

Absolutely bloody awful ...... All three , should've gone with the old logo on one ,the new logo and then one with it written on or even given us a retro one from the first year , I'll be saving money this year for my boys I won't be buying , who the hell chose them !!!

august04

Tinkyadrian said:
ASHIPP said:
ASHIPP said:
Panthers, Flyers and Stars have all done the NHL 3rd jersey retro look.

Takes a bit of getting used to but Club needed something striking for important milestone year. Like the homage to our hockey history and Welsh heritage.

And they will still be the best quality jerseys in the league.
:D
P.s. No obvious reference to 30 years.....perhaps that could have been included underneath the writing on the jersey front?

The 30 year logo is on the shoulder.

I am really not sure about them though I quite like the red one but would prefer the logo on the front.

Also I may have read the article wrong but I have read it that we have 4 jerseys this year as it says the black and white jersey have Cardiff written across the front. Does anyone else read it that way?
Yep, it looks like a fourth white jersey without a logo too! Ridiculous decision for me....
Someone has been very busy removing all the negative tweets on the Devils Twitter page too!

Pleximan

This set of jerseys are a big disaster as far as I'm concerned. Looks like someone tried to design a retro look but in my opinion they have got it spectacularly wrong!

Why drop our awesome Devils logo?? I'm confused about this look!

I had intended to buy a new Devils jersey this season but I have changed my mind now, I won't be buying this......sorry but it's a terrible mistake. Bring back our logo!

pjj365

Love them but looks like green not available as a replica so no option to get one with Caerdydd on it - maybe this will be the white

jimmy snels

I honestly thought my m8 was joking when he sent me a picture of these :shock: unbelievably awful. I've been critical of the main title sponser taking prominence in the past but seriously all is forgiven!! These are horrendous! Identity lost!? :DWD whoever actually likes these on this thread must surely have had a few sherberts? :Ninja worse than that whoever approved these is frankly out of touch with his own fan base. I was proud of our logo, people outside of hockey regulars might not even know what bloody sport it represents now if we were to be walking our labrador in a luminous jacket... :oops: :oops:

Ocko

The only hope for me is that in person the logo on the shoulder stands out enough to make up for not having it on the chest. Then it might be a lot better in person than the photo suggests.

I'm definitely making excuses here but you never know.

Jonesy83

I can't put in to words how bad those jerseys look. I'm gutted as I really wanted a black jersey this season but no way would I pay £50/£60 for one of those.

BostonBart22

are pope and raygun back on board..its the type of stunt they would pull,,i hope the green one is away top or a training top so i dont see it, BLOODY AWFUL :shock:

Electro

A shirt design taken from each of the decades would have been better. These do look like the office lackey knocked them out whilst the rest where on the golf course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

I find it ironic that a team with only 2 (3 with Callum) Welshmen on the roster get to wear a warm up jersey with Caerdydd on it yet the fans who sing the national anthem in Welsh week in week out, home and away cannot buy a replica
My twitter has crashed but when fixed I will post asking for a like to make a green replica available
For those non Welsh speaking fans who have learnt the anthem (and respect here - it is not easy) it will read

Pleidiwch hoffi am crys replica gwyrdd

James

Administrator
Kipper said:
Having seen them close up I think they are great
The red on Corky had in the shop did indeed look good. Had the other colours had the traditional logo or even the old logo I'm sure it would be a popular shirt. Personally I just don't like none of them having the traditional crest. It's the best in the league so it seems a shame not to have it on the front.