16/17 jersey

Finny

august04 said:
Social media and the forum are the only real representations of public opinion for most things Devils related which concerns the fans (in this case apart from actual jersey sales and we'll see how they do). It wasn't a very bad representation when the club tried to move face-offs to 4pm and public opinion on the Inferno and Twitter showed a distinct lack of enthusiasm (to put it mildly!) and the club took notice, much to their credit. Opinion polls are widely used and pollsters canvas the opinion of a fraction of the population too. Your argument is a load of nonsense. If you had 100 negative comments on here and social media and 50 positive (I think that's a stretch too in this instance), I'd be taking notice if I was part of the organisation.
Jersey designs and face off times are two entirely different things though. The jersey design isn't going to stop someone going to games. Unless they are completely bonkers.
Face off times would stop someone going to games. And I think you'll find it was the phone calls/emails/discussions in person that convinced the club to quickly reverse that decision. Perhaps if enough people write in to complain about the jerseys then they'll reverse that decision too.

You are correct though that the only definitive way to judge it will be in jersey sales. And my guess is that they'll be around the same number as in the past.

KaneDevils

[/quote]
Wasn't going to waste more energy on responding to one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen...[/quote]

Is it stupid because you can't answer it? Same concept really as Welsh who say they hate the English, but spend their lives speaking their language instead of their own. ( notice how I know how to use there and their, correctly) ;)

Finny

If the dislike of these jerseys is as strong as you are suggesting then it probably a means we'll get a one-off jersey for the 30th Anniversary game in November. And that will definitely have a logo on. And it'll go for big bucks in the shirt auction after.

KaneDevils

I think the jerseys are ok, but a backwards step from previous ones. Will I be buying one myself? No. I'd rather an older, smarter one that's also cheaper. Simples.

august04

Finny said:
august04 said:
Social media and the forum are the only real representations of public opinion for most things Devils related which concerns the fans (in this case apart from actual jersey sales and we'll see how they do). It wasn't a very bad representation when the club tried to move face-offs to 4pm and public opinion on the Inferno and Twitter showed a distinct lack of enthusiasm (to put it mildly!) and the club took notice, much to their credit. Opinion polls are widely used and pollsters canvas the opinion of a fraction of the population too. Your argument is a load of nonsense. If you had 100 negative comments on here and social media and 50 positive (I think that's a stretch too in this instance), I'd be taking notice if I was part of the organisation.
Jersey designs and face off times are two entirely different things though. The jersey design isn't going to stop someone going to games. Unless they are completely bonkers.
Face off times would stop someone going to games. And I think you'll find it was the phone calls/emails/discussions in person that convinced the club to quickly reverse that decision. Perhaps if enough people write in to complain about the jerseys then they'll reverse that decision too.

You are correct though that the only definitive way to judge it will be in jersey sales. And my guess is that they'll be around the same number as in the past.
It was just the phone calls/emails/discussions in person?! Yeah, right - the club chose to ignore the pages and pages on here and the many season ticket refund requests through Twitter? Do me a favour.

Pleximan

Finny said:
august04 said:

Goodness me! What a ridiculous statement! The club ignored all the hysteria on the Inferno when the 4pm face off time was being suggested?? Utter nonsense! This forum actually provides important market research for the club if the topic/feeling is strong enough and on the 4pm issue it certainly was! You are suguesting that the club ignored the overwhelming rejection of the 4pm on here?

No!.........No!...........No!

Electro

Utter rubbish, if you ring any business and complain you'll just get ignored or politely fobbed off.

Ignore social media , no that'll be another mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Finny said:
Pleximan said:
Caerdydd on the jersey means very little to the majority, for me it's something I associate with seeing on a Cardiff bus.
Let's hope then that one of our 'larger' fans doesn't end up wearing one of the green shirts and gets mistaken for a Cardiff Bus!!! :lol:
That would be me! [emoji3]

KaneDevils

Electro said:
Utter rubbish, if you ring any business and complain you'll just get ignored or politely fobbed off.

Ignore social media , no that'll be another mistake.

How many members post here on a regular basis?
Not only that, there were actually quite a few of those who would of welcomed a change to face off times.

Anyway, was the actual reason for no change ever divulged?

Electro

The inferno is not for everyone, l believe that has an impact.

As a society everyone has and is entitled to express an opinion, the negative impact of this is some believe they have the right to argue your opinion. The days of people simply listen to or reading an opposing viewpoint rarely ends there.

After being unimpressed with the shirts i have to say they do look better in person.........but part of me still feels that something was missing mainly the Devils logo on the front........especially being our 30th year.

august04

I think many posters beforehand thought the red jersey looked fine. For me, it's certainly the best design. That will sell the most I'm sure and hopefully be worn at many of our home games, rather than the other 2 or 3.

I really love it. And it's not just because the stripe pattern is much easier to remember than usual for drawing. I like the font used on the front and the red this year is nicer than the shade they used last year.

Foxy

Devil_Abroad said:
Why would someone who'd never seen the Logo identify it as Hockey?

Didnt say they had never seen the logo said they didnt follow ice hockey. I have many friends who dont watch but the majority would all recognise the logo. These shirts show nothing

pjj365

I've been a fan of these jerseys from the start even if like Gwynfor, I want, but can't buy a Caerdydd one

Even so,from the photos, I did think the logo on the shoulder looked a bit small. But having seen the jersey for real I think the prominence of the logo on both shoulders works. I understand why the large front logo is missed but it could only really be seen front on. The size and positioning of the logos on the new jersey means they can be seen from most angles

Returning to Gwynfor - I wonder if we could get Diafol Caerdydd on the back for a sensible cost

Devil_Abroad

Foxy said:
Devil_Abroad said:

Didnt say they had never seen the logo said they didnt follow ice hockey. I have many friends who dont watch but the majority would all recognise the logo. These shirts show nothing
I still don't follow the argument?

The previous shirt has a logo that people would only identify with ice hockey if they're told so.

The new shirt has a logo - Cardiff/Devils/Caerdydd - which people will only identify with ice hockey if told so.

What's the difference?

BTW the logo is on the new shirts, twice.

Happy days.

davew

Having slept on my thoughts after seeing them in real life:

The red one looks better than in the pics, BUT, I don't like them. The use of the NHL style hoops at the bottom of the shirt detracts from the overall "devilishness" look, the wording is OK for a third or warm-up shirt, but is a weaker corporate image than either of our logos.

I'd like to see the green one with the original logo, but incorporating the welsh language on the "banner", and this to be the home shirt, with the red shirt with the new logo used for our away shirt.

Would I buy one as they are? No. I don't even think I would bother buying SOHB tickets.

Foxy

Devil_Abroad said:
Foxy said:
Devil_Abroad said:

I still don't follow the argument?

The previous shirt has a logo that people would only identify with ice hockey if they're told so.

The new shirt has a logo - Cardiff/Devils/Caerdydd - which people will only identify with ice hockey if told so.

What's the difference?

BTW the logo is on the new shirts, twice.

Happy days.

Just re-read my post again........ i dont have to tell people........