2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

D

Deleted member 1337

Re: WHATS HAPPENING WITH SHANNON?

VOTH'1230 said:
Loads of rumours, bouncing around, thats Shannon Hope, has been sacked, can anybody clarify this, if so, why?, any infromation would be helpful! :?
Why on earth would shannon quite or be sacked he's "brill"

Not a rumour really but Thommo has signed his 8th import. Annoucement to be made in a day or two. I'm hoping it's a protective player who can chip in the points here and there.

D

Deleted member 1337

Are you serious? For me, Mark Richardson is the most reliable defenseman we have; especially in a very offensive style team we had this season. If you're looking at reliability, composure, a puck carrier and a disciplined defenseman, then look no further than Mark Richardson.

Also, we have to bare in mind the lack of quality Brits out there. Even more so the lack of quality British defenseman.

Mark Richardson would be the first Brit I'd re-sign.
Spot on Koop.I was hoping he would be the first player signed last year even over the imports as top end Brit D men are worth their weight in gold as they just aren't around.So glad he is on a 2 year deal and he would be the first guy I would want back this year too.
so he's here for the 2012-13

TheStub

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

elliswf said:
Are you serious? For me, Mark Richardson is the most reliable defenseman we have; especially in a very offensive style team we had this season. If you're looking at reliability, composure, a puck carrier and a disciplined defenseman, then look no further than Mark Richardson.

Also, we have to bare in mind the lack of quality Brits out there. Even more so the lack of quality British defenseman.

Mark Richardson would be the first Brit I'd re-sign.
Spot on Koop.I was hoping he would be the first player signed last year even over the imports as top end Brit D men are worth their weight in gold as they just aren't around.So glad he is on a 2 year deal and he would be the first guy I would want back this year too.
so he's here for the 2012-13
Not signed. This will be his second season on the contract.

ASHIPP

Rumours on Twitter about big personnel changes at an EPL team - news coming soon. Notice that Adam Calder's destination is 'unknown' from Slough Jets. A new coaching job in the UK, perhaps?

ASHIPP said:
Rumours on Twitter about big personnel changes at an EPL team - news coming soon. Notice that Adam Calder's destination is 'unknown' from Slough Jets. A new coaching job in the UK, perhaps?
Slough Jets haven't renewed the contract of head coach Peter Russell, which could be a deciding factor why AC has apparently left.

http://www.sloughjets.co.uk/cgi-bin/vie ... 1308594815

Also rumours of Slough dropping down to the ENL.

ASHIPP

Re: Stu signs in denmark

devler 18 said:
gareth hughes said:
From a very good source tonight, Stuart mcrae has signed for a team in denmark. What is going on with our hockey club at the moment I think the fans deserve some answers. :evil:
according to this, hes on a 2 year contract..... :Dhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.morley4/Player_Movement.htm
This is an unofficial website maintained by, I believe, a Panthers, fan. Several other player details on there are inaccurate too.

Paul Thompson has tweeted he has just signed his 8th import - to be announced shortly. He says' this boy can fly' :?
Blaze are looking for a cracking centre - Jeff Corey? :? Stuart? :shock:

James

Administrator
Re: Stu signs in denmark

devler 18 said:
gareth hughes said:
From a very good source tonight, Stuart mcrae has signed for a team in denmark. What is going on with our hockey club at the moment I think the fans deserve some answers. :evil:
according to this, hes on a 2 year contract..... :D
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.mo ... vement.htm
There was an incorrect assumption by some people on THF that all the players on the uni courses were on 2 year contracts

I dont see it as strange that Weller should sign in Austria, nice country, good money, a few years in Austria and Switzerland and he will probably do better than he would fighting for a spot in the AHL as a vet.

ASHIPP

Steve Birnstill rumoured to be a target for the Belfast Giants. A big Dman, possibly on an MBA deal....and, any co-incidence, a good friend of Jon Pelle. Christiansen with a possible double-whammy. And to imagine he might have been a target for the for Devils too if JP had decided to stay.......

ASHIPP said:
Steve Birnstill rumoured to be a target for the Belfast Giants. A big Dman, possibly on an MBA deal....and, any co-incidence, a good friend of Jon Pelle. Christiansen with a possible double-whammy. And to imagine he might have been a target for the for Devils too if JP had decided to stay.......
Excuse my ignorance here, but with the news of University cutbacks etc what will be the effect on the number of University places be on the various Elite teams and especially the Devils??