2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

wildthing74

Re: PELLE'S BACK.

After the season Pelle Had he deserves top dollar,shame he is in a league that cannot afford to pasy what he deserves.I guess our hope was doing a 2nd year at school on reduced money.

Rempel16

Re: PELLE'S BACK.

devilsfan66 said:
and in all honesty the contract on offer to Brad after what I think was a great season from him is laughable.
To be honest, Voth had some great games, in bunches too, but a great season? I'm sorry but he's had better seasons for the Devils. I'd love to see him back but from what he was rumoured to be getting paid I don't think he justifies commanding such a wage when he doesn't perform as consistently as he should.

The high earners should be the guys that become gamebreakers on a nightly basis and for me Macrae should be finding himself as one of the top earners.

pelle gone to belfast

ive heard pelle has gone to belfast. thats another huge loss for us. seems at the moment either we cant sign players or just knowbody wants to join us. strange if you ask me how sheffield nottingham got all these big signings and so far we got diddly doo..something just dont seem right if you ask me. worried much would be an under statement. :?: :?: :?:

ASHIPP

Re: pelle gone to belfast

skippy said:
Rumour until its confirmed...
Yep, it's definitely the 'Silly Season'. :shock: :D

If anyone reads the multi-speculation over the last few pages about various players, it's quite obvious that very few of us really know what is going on at all. We are all just grasping at straws and looking for any little hint that might confirm our hopes. I'm thinking that players like to play teasing games too - and are probably having a little giggle whilst watching everyone sweat over which club they are going to! :lol:
The only place that hasn't been mentioned is the International Space Station! :lol:

ASHIPP

Anyone wonder how Steelers managed to keep Legue, Tait, Hewitt and Philips? They accept a cut in their salaries.....but INCREASE their housing allowance. :lol: So THAT'S how they do it (so it's rumoured today).....but the official line is that Devils and Steelers still have the same player budgets. :roll:

I'd love to see him back but from what he was rumoured to be getting paid I don't think he justifies commanding such a wage when he doesn't perform as consistently as he should.

Ok point agreed - I may have gone over the top with great but he got some very important goals and seemed to have matured a discipline sense and let's be honest he is a unique asset, no-one has anything quite like him.He's the tough guy when needed but he can play some good hockey too.

However do you think his inconsistencies command a near 35% wage cut cause I don't !

TheStub

devilsfan66 said:
I'd love to see him back but from what he was rumoured to be getting paid I don't think he justifies commanding such a wage when he doesn't perform as consistently as he should.
Ok point agreed - I may have gone over the top with great but he got some very important goals and seemed to have matured a discipline sense and let's be honest he is a unique asset, no-one has anything quite like him.He's the tough guy when needed but he can play some good hockey too.

However do you think his inconsistencies command a near 35% wage cut cause I don't !
It depends on what that money could buy us elsewhere.

This is business - and there should be little room for sentiment.

If we could get two (or even one) Tylors for what Voth wants, then kick Voth to the curb and sign them up. On last years performance, there is no way Voth should be on more money than Stu, Pelle, Tylor - in fact any of the import forwards.

And don't worry, Jon will not be playing EIHL hockey next year for another team so you don't have to worry about him going to Belfast.

As said things change and he may stay at Cardiff, but it's doubtful. Jon will play in France next year

ASHIPP

devilsfan66 said:
And don't worry, Jon will not be playing EIHL hockey next year for another team so you don't have to worry about him going to Belfast.

As said things change and he may stay at Cardiff, but it's doubtful. Jon will play in France next year

(MY BOLD) Is this rumour or fact? :cry:

Correct and I myself am not Voth's biggest fan however I actually find the offer actually disrespectful given the amount of money we have saved on Matzka, Finner and Weller leaves a large amount " in the pot " if you like. More than enough to pay Voth's wages for what he has said is his final year, I'm sure Brad himself would have taken a cut were it more reasonable.

I guess that the positive spin on this though is that with all of the money being saved, we have some serious money to spend on new signings as only a few players who have resigned have had major increases.

devilsfan66 said:

No matter how good a season he had, i dont want him back this season at any wage.

ASHIPP said:
devilsfan66 said:

(MY BOLD) Is this rumour or fact? :cry:
fact

TheStub

If rumours about Voth's wage last season was true, him not re-signing will make up for the rumoured drop in budget.

There are plenty of better players we could get for the money he supposedly was on.

voth26

devilsfan66 said:

Correct and I myself am not Voth's biggest fan however I actually find the offer actually disrespectful given the amount of money we have saved on Matzka, Finner and Weller leaves a large amount " in the pot " if you like. More than enough to pay Voth's wages for what he has said is his final year, I'm sure Brad himself would have taken a cut were it more reasonable.

I guess that the positive spin on this though is that with all of the money being saved, we have some serious money to spend on new signings as only a few players who have resigned have had major increases.
If this true it does seem disrespectful to any player but seeing as vother has been here 5/6yrs it does seem a tad strange way to treat a player who the devils have benefited from having him in their team ie franchise player etc these are certainly strange days at the devils thats for sure :roll: :roll:

TheStub said:
If rumours about Voth's wage last season was true, him not re-signing will make up for the rumoured drop in budget.

There are plenty of better players we could get for the money he supposedly was on.
Fact but its not always about how good a player is though is it, theres no arguing that he is a crowd puller bringing people through the door. At work the only player everbody talks about is Voth, even those that dont go to games, so its more about a revenue earner. I suspose similar in a weird way to Beckham going to Madrid, he was no way one of their best players but he was one of the highest paid due to his marketing power.

Well Belfast is a bit like France. :roll: :lol:

Gutted to read the news. :cry: Good luck him tho, he was a great Devil. Belfast have obviously got the cash to splash.

NOW I'm starting to side with the worriers on this forum more. Especially as this could point to no Stuuu next year as they seem pretty close. :?